Larrier Visited UConn Today | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Larrier Visited UConn Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Pretty detailed set of directions on how we should address the college for a non-ivy.

I will resume using UConn, which is what I used until they developed the "wordmark" in their quest for uniformity (sometimes).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty detailed set of directions on how we should address the college for a non-ivy.

I will resume using UConn, which is what I used until they developed the "wordmark" in their quest for uniformity (sometimes).

Detailed?

UConn - "Please refer to us as UConn."

You - "ARRRGGHHHH! IT'S SO COMPLICATED!"

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I could guess, but please define wordmark for me.

It's a graphical representation of text, used as logo, and can be registered as a trademark.

For inline text, UConn is the correct capitalization.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Detailed?

UConn - "Please refer to us as UConn."

You - "ARRRGGHHHH! IT'S SO COMPLICATED!"
Hey, I only graduated from a state school.

But, they came out with a long explanation of needing consistency even among sports teams and the answer was UCONN, I took it at face value. Didn't get the wordmark vs in-line usage thing. My brain is exploding!
Do people at IBM write Ibm or ibm when it isn't logo-ish. UPS become ups? Espn?
So now that I understand wordmark, I have to go back and relearn the definition of consistency!;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So should we be lining up for NC transfers this summer?
Depends on whether they meet minimal admittance standards.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Heard from a very, very reliable source today that we are in great shape with Larrier. Expect a decision by Tuesday or in 20 minutes.
Dang! Can't you be more specific. At least with Diarra and a set time I was able to get things done. Now I'm going to need to check in every twenty minutes or so for three days.:cool: Great news.

Please, Please, PLEASE make it so Terry!!!!

images

Reaction Score
Hey, I only graduated from a state school.

But, they came out with a long explanation of needing consistency even among sports teams and the answer was UCONN, I took it at face value. Didn't get the wordmark vs in-line usage thing. My brain is exploding!
Do people at IBM write Ibm or ibm when it isn't logo-ish. UPS become ups? Espn?
So now that I understand wordmark, I have to go back and relearn the definition of consistency!;)

I get that you're being facetious, but titles and logos are often capitalized differently than inline text.

Look at the top of this page. No one says THE BONEYARD though. Not to mention the examples you listed are acronyms.

Reaction Score
Dang! Can't you be more specific. At least with Diarra and a set time I was able to get things done. Now I'm going to need to check in every twenty minutes or so for three days.:cool: Great news.

Please, Please, PLEASE make it so Terry!!!!

images

Sorry, no time frame. This source gave me some great tidbits about the team this year. Absolutely loves Jalen Adams and Gibbs is exactly the type of player Ollie needed. Expect a "monster year" from Hamilton.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sorry, no time frame. This source gave me some great tidbits about the team this year. Absolutely loves Jalen Adams and Gibbs is exactly the type of player Ollie needed. Expect a "monster year" from Hamilton.

So your source is me?

Reaction Score
This has probably hashed around before, but how do you say his name? Does it have the French twang? Lar-E-er or LAr-E-ay?

Reaction Score
From where, the Spring game?

Heard from a very, very reliable source today that we are in great shape with Larrier. Expect a decision by Tuesday or in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
My sources told me he's keeping his decision close the vest, it's 50/50 and it's definitely not VCU. Waiting to hear from my other 2 sources.
I know MD is very interesting in Larrier..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom