Larrier Visited UConn Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Larrier Visited UConn Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound like an a** as I would love to bring him aboard, but I personally think if we can bring in one SF for 2016 VJ King is the man to get. Obviously lacks the college experience Larrier has but he appears more polished imo.

That's all well and good. But King seems Louisville bound and you can bet the staff knows this.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound like an a** as I would love to bring him aboard, but I personally think if we can bring in one SF for 2016 VJ King is the man to get. Obviously lacks the college experience Larrier has but he appears more polished imo.

They are quite a bit different. King is skilled 2-3, and Larrier is more of the 3-4 type.

In other words, with a good point guard on the floor, you can see both of these guys playing at the same time, or even move Larrier to the 4 like Hamilton did whenever Enoch and Diarra are on the bench.

caw

Reaction Score
That's all well and good. But King seems Louisville bound and you can bet the staff knows this.

I think it gets slightly better every day he doesn't commit but I still wouldn't be shocked if he commits without visiting UConn.

That said it will be interesting to see how he progresses if he does go there. Adel and Mitchell will be sophomores at the wings and King doesn't have the best rep for playing defense and UL just lost Aaron because Pitino demands a lot on defense (it's a pretty complex defense to play well) and he wasn't up to it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We should not hold our breath over King.
Yep. King was never going to come to UConn - hence the Larrier push. The staff sees what's coming.

Reaction Score
Yea I could be mistaken. It may have been Zach Lowe or someone like that.
jeff goodman maybe on nba lockdown podcast? he got shat on by espn insider/ex front office guy amin elhassan recently when goodman claimed the lakers were making the playoffs if they got okafor + dragic. I do remember hearing somebody talking about improving shooting and how easy it was recently, and kind of disagreeing with it.

Reaction Score
I thought that 3 posted that King was doing an official visit to Storrs sometime shortly?

With UConn making his short list of 5, and having a official visit scheduled, that makes him a viable recruiting target. Not a player to say "Next!" on just yet. Wait for the visit.

Reaction Score
I love King's talent, but it's gonna be tough to get him to commit to UConn over Louisville. If a guy as talented as Larrier wants to commit here, you go for it.

Why? He recently visited Louisville and didn't commit, they are no better than Uconn. Larriers decision may affect King, if we land him, but by no means are we in no mans land against Louisville.

Reaction Score
Why? He recently visited Louisville and didn't commit, they are no better than Uconn. Larriers decision may affect King, if we land him, but by no means are we in no mans land against Louisville.
Think whatever you want.

I'm not saying it's over, but it's one of those recruitments where you can kind of see which direction things are heading. Things can always change, but I think UConn has a MUCH better shot at Larrier.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I like the optimism, and we're certainly not dead and buried yet.

But Louisville are favorites for King right now. No shame in admitting that.

Reaction Score

You know how the tea leaves for Gibbs and Diarra were reading "UConn" for awhile now? That's what's going on with King and Louisville.

Reaction Score
That is funny because Gottlieb was a horrible shooter. Sub 50% from FT I believe.
Gottlieb is correct ( ugh) . Anyone can become a better shooter.
Part 1
is one part form
One part confidence
Both are interrelated
You work on the form in practice and by repetition work to be consistent
As you continue to practice and especially make a few under game conditions your cofidence is increased.
Part 2
DD's confidence increased yearly. But without the ability to find space ,your in game shooting % will still look bad.
It also took him years to have the cofidence to take it to the hoop.
You might ask how is this related to the 3 ball?
Everything in BB is interdependent
Being a threat to slash!among other things,means your defender has to play multiple options
Giving you better looks. Better looks = higher % but only if you've done the first part.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb is correct ( ugh) . Anyone can become a better shooter.
Part 1
is one part form
One part confidence
Both are interrelated
You work on the form in practice and by repetition work to be consistent
As you continue to practice and especially make a few under game conditions your cofidence is increased.
Part 2
DD's confidence increased yearly. But without the ability to find space ,your in game shooting % will still look bad.
It also took him years to have the cofidence to take it to the hoop.
You might ask how is this related to the 3 ball?
Everything in BB is interdependent
Being a threat to slash!among other things,means your defender has to play multiple options
Giving you better looks. Better looks = higher % but only if you've done the first part.

I agree anyone can become "better" but not everyone can become "good"!

Sam can only get better right, but he will never be called a good shooter. Adequate maybe but that's okay, it's better.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Anyone connected know if he is leaning towards Maryland or UConn? Not getting a good read on this.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Yeah I should. I mean apparently he's good at taking charges.
Oh no! How will Phil get on the court then!

Reaction Score

One of the insiders here who I believe is supposed to have a connection with someone on the staff has given an, albeit cryptic, indication that it isn't looking very good with King. Sources can be wrong and things can change but he is apparently Louisville's to lose right now. I imagine a lot can change if we get him on campus though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom