January Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
E19F04F8-448E-49FC-B1FC-FE598365B1F0.jpeg

That’s an impressive line for El Alfy in the Cairo zone championship.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I can't find anything on this game or tourney, if there was one.
I'm looking for a full box score, but I haven't found one. If I do find one, I'll make sure I post it. However, there are plenty of photos. So if there wasn't a game or tournament, they've sure made a lot of fake posts.

The translated caption:
Nothing new, the last crowning of Al Ahly girls!

Al Ahly Basket Girls are crowned Cairo Region Basketball Championship after beating Al-Zhoor Club with a score of 78/67 in the final match

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky

Here is the video from the game. It should start right at tipoff. It'll be much more enjoyable if you brush up on your Arabic first...

Jana is #12 and does the jump on the left side of the screen. She also gets the first bucket in transition.

It sucks that their jerseys are the same color...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky

Here is the video from the game. It should start right at tipoff. It'll be much more enjoyable if you brush up on your Arabic first...

Jana is #12 and does the jump on the left side of the screen. She also gets the first bucket in transition.

Awesome, thanks.

I did find the boxscore.

324019723_549348157097130_5780855069752399014_n.jpg

Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky

Thanks for posting. A little tough to watch. A couple of red flags here and some serious changes will be needed before she gets to UConn in August.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. A little tough to watch. A couple of red flags here and some serious changes will be needed before she gets to UConn in August.
It reminded me of trying to watch top talent play with their below average high school teams.

I think she’s going to improve immensely with Geno and CD’s coaching and by playing with other elite players.

Reaction Score
It reminded me of trying to watch top talent play with their below average high school teams.

I think she’s going to improve immensely with Geno and CD’s coaching and by playing with other elite players.
I mostly agree about the improvement potential for her BB skills and the much better competition will certainly help but that’s not where my concerns are.

Reaction Score
I mostly agree about the improvement potential for her BB skills and the much better competition will certainly help but that’s not where my concerns are.
What are your concerns?

Reaction Score
Effort and energy will need to change.
Are you talking about Jana? Her steal and break away basket in the opening seconds sure looks like it involved some effort and energy. She outran everyone the length of the court. She ends up with 38 pts and 13 rebounds and plays 33 minutes, triple teamed every time she puts a toe in the paint. I don't think effort is her weakness.

Interestingly, she's listed as Jana Ehab in the box score -- that's her dad's name, Ehab.

Maya Said, #13 on the opposing team, looks pretty good, too.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Jana? Her steal and break away basket in the opening seconds sure looks like it involved some effort and energy. She outran everyone the length of the court. She ends up with 38 pts and 13 rebounds and plays 33 minutes, triple teamed every time she puts a toe in the paint. I don't think effort is her weakness.

Interestingly, she's listed as Jana Ehab in the box score -- that's her dad's name, Ehab.

Maya Said, #13 on the opposing team, looks pretty good, too.
I’ll watch to see what she brings this summer/fall.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Meet 20 high school girls basketball stars excelling on the court as sophomores

Dee Alexander, Purcell Marian (Ohio)​

Alexander was one of the best freshmen in the nation last year, leading Purcell Marian to its first state championship in program history, and she's kept that momentum going as a sophomore. The 6-foot-2 guard is averaging 25 points, 10.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists this season while shooting 56% from the field.

Aaliyah Chavez, Monterey (Texas)​

Chavez entered the season as one of the most hyped sophomores in the country, and yet she's managed to exceed expectations. The 5-foot-9 point guard is averaging 30.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.9 steals per game. With the season Chavez is having, she's getting some buzz as the best high school girls basketball player in the nation regardless of class.

Jazzy Davidson, Clackamas (Oregon)​

ESPN ranks Davidson as the top sophomore recruit in the country, and she's off to a strong start playing a tough early-season schedule with opponents focused on stopping her. She led Clackamas to a third-place finish in the Holiday Classic after suffering a two-point loss to Camas (Washington).

ZaKiyah Johnson, Sacred Heart (Kentucky)​

Johnson followed up being named Kentucky Gatorade Player of the Year and winning a state championship as a freshman by winning an AAU national title with the West Virginia Thunder over the summer. She's on pace to get her second straight Gatorade bath as a sophomore, as she's averaging 21.8 points, eight rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.

Ayla McDowell, Cypress Springs (Texas)​

McDowell is following up a fantastic freshman season with a consistent sophomore campaign. The 6-foot-2 wing is averaging 16.2 points and five rebounds per game in steering Cypress Springs toward the playoffs.

Keeley Parks, Norman (Oklahoma)​

Despite playing alongside a couple of seniors who've signed to play college basketball, Parks is Norman's leading scorer. The 5-foot-11 combo guard is averaging 19.6 points per game while contributing 3.9 steals per game on defense and 3.5 assists distributing the ball.

Sania Richardson, Ada (Oklahoma)​

Yet another super sophomore from Oklahoma, the 5-foot-5 Richardson is a blur in the backcourt. After averaging 21.2 points per game as a freshman, she's bumped that average up to 28.7 as a sophomore while also dishing out four assists and grabbing 4.3 rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
1/6

KK Arnold: 15 points (6-13 FG, 2-6 3-PT), 8 assists, 4 steals
Appreciate the work you do providing this info. Would be great to also know score to understand how competitive game was. In any case, thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Appreciate the work you do providing this info. Would be great to also know score to understand how competitive game was. In any case, thanks.
It’s a recruiting thread, not a high school hoops thread, and SLU does a lot of research to bring us information. He never claimed to be an expert in high school teams around the country. If you want to learn more about the teams, Google them then start another thread to discuss.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/7

Dee Alexander: 20 points

Jenica Lewis: 12 points (4-8 FG), 4 rebs

1/6

Sarah Strong: 40 points (14-19 FG, 7-10 3-PT, 5-8 FT), 15 rebs, 4 assists, 3 blocks

1/5

Sarah Strong: 22 points (8-12 FG, 3-6 3-PT) , 11 rebs, 4 assists, 3 steals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member