January Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thomas did not include UConn on her list of finalists.

Is UConn recruiting Edwards? I haven't seen anything here on Edwards over the past several months.
As far as I know the recruitment of Joyce Edwards is wide open. We might be her favorites in the mind of fans because of being the “home team.” Stanford might be her favorite due to academics which are highly prized by mom, dad and her. UConn because she’s probably considering all the top contenders. Mullkey is pushing hard!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/29

'24 Kayleigh Heckel: 15 points, 5 assists, 4 steals

1/26

'27 Lauren Hassell: 19 points, 8 rebs, 3 assists, 6 steals in 18 mins

1/24

'25 Zaniah Zellous: 20 points

1/17

Zaniah Zellous: 17 points, 14 rebs

Reaction Score
Sue and Tina are both CTK alum, right?

Bishop McNamara vs IMG Academy[FL](Girls) Game- 2023 The St James MLK Classic Day 2

In Shane Laflin's article on 15 players to know in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 classes, there are 4 players from the same team, Kayleigh Heckel 5’9’’ PG and Kate Koval 6’5’’ P are there, but there are also the Swords, two Canadians who should soon appear on ESPN's rosters according to Laflin, however the recruitment of the two sisters is kept secret by the family.

Attached, the Highlights of the last TOC in Phoenix. For LUHI, Heckel #4, Koval #13, Syla Swords #12 and Savannah Swords #24. For La Jolla Country Day, two players from the U.S. U17 team from the last world championship, Jada Williams #2 and Breya Cunningham #25.

Also I found a game of Kelis Fisher #1 (2025) the last UConn commitment. The game is from January 14 and is between IMG Academy and Bishop McNamara, Qadence Samuels' #10(2023) team. I haven't watched the game yet, but I know it ends 67-31 in favor of Bishop McNamara.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade led Noblesville to the Indiana High School girls’ basketball state championship last year and was considered the overwhelming favorite to be named Indiana Miss Basketball for 2023.

Since La Lumiere outside La Porte is a college prep school, the Lakers are not eligible to compete in the state tournament. Shade is also not eligible for Indiana Miss Basketball.

Nevertheless, Shade said she made the right choice to attend La Lumiere and live in a dorm on campus away from her family about 30 miles north of Indianapolis.

She said the decision was tough but one she felt was best for her growth academically and on the basketball court. Shade said she also believes the move has helped her to become more independent to further help in her transition to college.

Shade is averaging 24 points, 9 rebounds and five assists a game. She’s shooting 55-percent from two point range and 40-percent from beyond the three point line.

“She doesn’t miss open shots. It’s pretty incredible to watch,” Marvin said.

He also cited her physical strength, instinct and unselfish play as among her other strong points on the court.

Reaction Score

Bishop McNamara vs IMG Academy[FL](Girls) Game- 2023 The St James MLK Classic Day 2

In Shane Laflin's article on 15 players to know in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 classes, there are 4 players from the same team, Kayleigh Heckel 5’9’’ PG and Kate Koval 6’5’’ P are there, but there are also the Swords, two Canadians who should soon appear on ESPN's rosters according to Laflin, however the recruitment of the two sisters is kept secret by the family.

Attached, the Highlights of the last TOC in Phoenix. For LUHI, Heckel #4, Koval #13, Syla Swords #12 and Savannah Swords #24. For La Jolla Country Day, two players from the U.S. U17 team from the last world championship, Jada Williams #2 and Breya Cunningham #25.

Also I found a game of Kelis Fisher #1 (2025) the last UConn commitment. The game is from January 14 and is between IMG Academy and Bishop McNamara, Qadence Samuels' #10(2023) team. I haven't watched the game yet, but I know it ends 67-31 in favor of Bishop McNamara.

Not surprised regarding the Swords sisters, but they are definitely drawing attention. They'll both be playing for Kia Nurse Elite's EYBL teams this season FYI.

Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see if she'll take her shot at UConn with Ziebell already on board for '24 as a SG and Shade only a year ahead. I think Berry can play both as a CG but Arnold will be stiff competition as a PG. Would be a deep rotation of guards if she does. It says in this article that Berry has been a UConn fan since her childhood. I guess we'll find out in 10 months or less.

Geno Auriemma, UConn extend offer to Clarksville's 4-star basketball standout Imari Berry

Reaction Score

so much talent it looked more like a college game..........Cunningham is a Boston clone........Koval is more athletic than I thought and Heckel is just a perfect UConn kind of player......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Came across this article on '24 Morgan Cheli from last September.

Cheli’s biggest challenge at times may be knowing which part of her game to flex. Sopak wouldn’t mind seeing her be more offensive minded at times.

“Her best asset is rebounding – she has a knack for getting the basketball,” the CalStars coach said. “But she’s also a really, really good shooter. She just needs to shoot more. Eighty-five percent of the time she makes good decisions. The other 15% of the time, she should shoot.”

Put all of that together, and it’s clear Cheli is on track to play at the highest levels. Want proof? UConn’s Geno Auriemma flew in from the East Coast in the morning, watched Cheli play one game with the Cal Stars, and then went back to the airport to fly home that afternoon. No coach, much less Geno Auriemma, will make that kind of trip unless the player involved is exceptional.

“She has the opportunity to be very, very special,” says Sopak. “She’s very similar to Sabrina (Ionescu) at this age” — and Sopak would know, as he coached the young WNBA star at Miramonte-Orinda and in club ball. “Morgan’s longer than Sabrina, and she can guard taller players.”

Phillips sees that same versatility. “She can play one through four,” she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom