Gilbert commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
this is huge bc gibbs is leaving... adams has such maturity that he wants to learn everything he can from gibbs this year so next year he can run it and teach gilbert... I can't wait... You want to get the fanbase going and forget about the conference? this is how you do it... Now we just need it to gel... I thought the support at the games last year at all the games was incredible given the conference and tough losses, but now it's going to be bananas... CAN'T WAIT!!!! LET'S GOOO!!!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"I think I fit in real well," Gilbert said. "I know UConn is a guard-oriented program. They like to get out in transition and create isolation opportunities for the guards. I'm just looking to create opportunities for myself and my teammates."

"Me and Jalen actually played together a few years back at Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis," Gilbert said. "We played really well together. Ever since then, I've been watching him, watching how his game has grown."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...alterique-gilbert-commits-connecticut-huskies

seems like a very well spoken young man

Reaction Score
Who's next? We need 3 more to this class. A big man, a shooting guard and a small forward. Love the job KO is doing! He is definitely making me eat my words of doubting him earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 15m15 minutes ago
Alterique Gilbert is one of my favorite players in 2015 (sic) class. Dynamic point guard, keeps defenders on skates. Outstanding off the bounce.

Great pick up. Assuming Adams and Gilbert both stick around Storrs for a while this should be one killer backcourt. And I really like getting back to the 2 point guard backcourt that has been so successful for UConn. When we've had talent like this in the backcourt we've always done well. Welcome aboard Alterique!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom