Gilbert commits to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Me and Jalen actually played together a few years back at Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis," Gilbert said. "We played really well together. Ever since then, I've been watching him, watching how his game has grown."

Are you kidding me? These guys have played together on the same team already? I suspect that together they must have been dominant in the camp.

I am always worried when we get top players at the same position in back-to-back classes, one or the other, may not be very happy about the other joining the program. But the fact that both have played together already, it seems they both understand the opportunity of playing with another dominant guard will help the team, well, dominate!

Great to hear he has already bought into playing together with Jalen and I have no doubt that Jalen feels 100% the same or KO wouldn't have been all over this kid.

AG, welcome to the family! We wish you all the best in your pursuit of success both on and off the court!

Reaction Score
Wow. I really appreciate and am stunned by what KO is doing here, first with the transfers and now this. I've been very worried about the challenge of recruiting with our conference albatross, but that clearly doesn't phase KO, which is why we are so lucky to have him. My 4th just got a whole lot better.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
As I said a couple of months ago, he is short enough and has a first name that is unusual enough to be a perfect UConn point guard!

Welcome Al! Congratulations Coaches!

KO can recruit and we will be relevant, doubters. Miller, Gibbs, Larrier. Diarra, Gilbert and more to come. Not a bad few months work.

Reaction Score
This is another amazing get. Just got back watching the Peachtree Road race. Seeing so many inspirational people, then to come back to this and watch the TDF on DVR. Well, my liver may hurt tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Amazing to think back that not too long ago a pretty big portion of this board was totally convinced that Ollie couldn't recruit with the big boys. Now we've got Diarra, Larrier, Gilbert, and hopefully one or two more big pieces coming in next year alone.
Like anything else, there is a learning curve. I'd say KO has it figured out now. We are so lucky to have him!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This backcourt will be amazing. Throw in Diallo and Larrier with a senior Brimah and we'll be in excellent shape.

Reaction Score
Reggie Rankin had an awesome comparison i agree with ; ty lawson. short but a uniquely gifted athlete with tremendous/efficient ball handling. also knockdown

Reaction Score
This is another amazing get. Just got back watching the Peachtree Road race. Seeing so many inspirational people, then to come back to this and watch the TDF on DVR. Well, my liver may hurt tomorrow.
Too bad the weather here didn't cooperate. I was going to go to stone Montain with my wife today for the fireworks but it doesn't seem like the right day for that.

Reaction Score
This is great news. Recruiting has really picked up over the last few months. Everybody is fired up about the 2016-17 season already and we still have to watch this season first. I think we are in good shape for the next few years judging by the talent we will have going forward.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love this get - Adams/Gilbert? WOW

Glad to see Ricky had a big hand in this commitment too, nice job RM. "I want to play where they played" - love it!
Surprised you were able to write a coherent sentence! Thought the celebration would have started.;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nothing anticlimatic about it. You never know until you hear those words, "I'm going to take my talents to the University of Connecticut."
Sometimes I'm pragmatic.

Not on this one. Too much evidence. Felt the same way about KO when he was named interim coach. Just knew he was going to continue the JC dogsled. Never worried about recruiting or UConn tanking. Left that for the wishful "orange is bleak" and the fearful "blue is to freak" crowd.

Just as confident UConn lands in the B!G. I'll just enjoy the ride till then.

Last edited:

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Amazing to think back that not too long ago a pretty big portion of this board was totally convinced that Ollie couldn't recruit with the big boys. Now we've got Diarra, Larrier, Gilbert, and hopefully one or two more big pieces coming in next year alone.

If only Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah, Adams and Enoch didn't completely suck, people would've realized long ago that KO isn't completely lost on the recruiting trail.

I don't care who the assistants are, drop KO and UConn in the B1G, ACC or B12, and we'd be no worse than top 10 in recruiting annually.

Reaction Score
Next year's team will have one hell of a transition game with Jalen/Alterique, Enoch, probably Purvis, and hopefully Diallo.

Reaction Score
this is huge bc gibbs is leaving... adams has such maturity that he wants to learn everything he can from gibbs this year so next year he can run it and teach gilbert... I can't wait... You want to get the fanbase going and forget about the conference? this is how you do it... Now we just need it to gel... I thought the support at the games last year at all the games was incredible given the conference and tough losses, but now it's going to be bananas... CAN'T WAIT!!!! LET'S GOOO!!!!

"Now we just need it to gel... "

AG said: “Me and Jalen actually played together a few years back at Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis,” Gilbert told ESPN.com. “We played really well together. Ever since then, I’ve been watching him, watching how his game has grown.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom