Gilbert commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gilbert commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Purvis and Brimah stick around for their senior seasons, this could be a special 2 years.
Looking for a different scenario. Number five this season and those guys leave while the fire is hot. KO becomes the hottest coach in college bb and top recruits fill in the vacancies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Looking for a different scenario. Number five this season and those guys leave while the fire is hot. KO becomes the hottest coach in college bb and top recruits fill in the vacancies.
Yes that will be the key for 16-17.
I think Brimah stays. Purvis will be forced to leave if he wants a good shot at sticking in the NBA, GM's don't like 23+ year olds (i.e Sean Kilpatrick).

Reaction Score
I think Brimah stays. Purvis will be forced to leave if he wants a good shot at sticking in the NBA, GM's don't like 23+ year olds (i.e Sean Kilpatrick).

Dez Wells is 23 and expected to make the NBA roster.

Reaction Score
Isn't Ab already 22 also?

Reaction Score

Do you honestly think the NBA doesn't like 23+ year olds because they are one or two years older than the typical draftee? When the average career only lasts 6 or 7 years?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Do you honestly think the NBA doesn't like 23+ year olds because they are one or two years older than the typical draftee? When the average career only lasts 6 or 7 years?
Ages 19-23 gives them so much time to grow and learn how to play in the NBA. A 23 year old misses out on that growth period.

Reaction Score
This kid could have the best crossover in Uconn history . Congrats! I'm pumped.This helps me cope with the loss of VJ King.

Reaction Score
4747956218494976_zpsycmae7dp.jpg

Reaction Score
If he's 5'11" he has boatright type ups:

This young man looks to be an absolute WINNER in all aspects... I am so excited to see him play - with our other terrific gets. Jalen and this man in the back court will be quite an interesting pair - maybe best in nation before it is all done...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Great little gem from the Cuse fans, the logic is impeccable. In regards to Gilbert having apparently made a remark that Cuse was his "dream" school:

"Yup -- it's actually very simple. Gilbert would likely be here if Battle didn't reopen his recruitment. Battle is our priority and Gilbert was a second option. Good luck to Gilbert. He will need it when playing the juggernaut that is the Tulane Green Wave."

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
BUHusky10 said:
Great little gem from the Cuse fans, the logic is impeccable. In regards to Gilbert having apparently made a remark that Cuse was his "dream" school: "Yup -- it's actually very simple. Gilbert would likely be here if Battle didn't reopen his recruitment. Battle is our priority and Gilbert was a second option. Good luck to Gilbert. He will need it when playing the juggernaut that is the Tulane Green Wave."
God those grapes are incredibly sour

Reaction Score
"Yup -- it's actually very simple. Gilbert would likely be here if Battle didn't reopen his recruitment. Battle is our priority and Gilbert was a second option. Good luck to Gilbert. He will need it when playing the juggernaut that is the Tulane Green Wave."
He'll also need it when he's competing for national titles while Syracuse... is not.

Reaction Score
Our last couple championships have caused their fan base to question the strategy of taking 6'6" guards who leave after 2 years while our little guys stay for 4 and bring home titles. They'll be bringing the debate back by the time Alterique is done.

Reaction Score
HuskyBballFan said:
Our last couple championships have caused their fan base to question the strategy of taking 6'6" guards who leave after 2 years while our little guys stay for 4 and bring home titles. They'll be bringing the debate back by the time Alterique is done.

They conveniently ignore that Kemba stayed 3, Lamb 2.

There's no magic strategy or formula. We just win a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom