Final Number One Seed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Final Number One Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If UCONN were guaranteed to go to Lincoln I doubt that anyone would be trying to defend Louisville as a 1 seed. I don't know how a team can be ranked #3 when they haven't beaten anybody.

Yes they would. (I would). In a way I agree but the problem is they have to play UCONN twice. The rest of the League is weak, what can they do? Plus people have been making your argument against Stamford because of their weak conference for years. And nearly every year they are a one seed in the West.

Reaction Score
If UCONN were guaranteed to go to Lincoln I doubt that anyone would be trying to defend Louisville as a 1 seed. I don't know how a team can be ranked #3 when they haven't beaten anybody.

Umm because they didn't lose to Vanderbilt and LSU? Or Washington? Or Kansas?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wait a minute.

Who has Baylor beaten?

#7 WVU and # 18 Okie Lite two times. How does that compare to ZERO top 20 wins for Louisville? By my count that is 3-0.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Umm because they didn't lose to Vanderbilt and LSU? Or Washington? Or Kansas?

The good thing for Baylor is that they have since beaten Kansas by 20 and 34, so I figure the committee won't even consider that loss.

Reaction Score
#7 WVU and # 18 two times. How does that compare to ZERO top 20 wins for Louisville? By my count that is 3-0.

Tough.

You should have beaten Kansas than. Today certainly shows if you were that good you should have handled them easily.

You also lost to WVU. AT home. The best team WVU beat out of conference was Virginia. Apparently Louisville is the only team that plays a unremarkable out of schedule. Unless your South Carolina, Baylor, and West Virginia.

Perhaps WVU and Baylor have such great records because they feasted on a down Big 12?

I assume #18 is Oklahoma State. And I just gotta laugh at that. Big deal.

What I love about the people who feel Louisville doesn't deserve a 1 seed? A group of kids that made the title game a year ago deserve a skeptical scrutiny. But let's over look far more untested resumes!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The good thing for Baylor is that they have since beaten Kansas by 20 and 34, so I figure the committee won't even consider that loss.

Aside from the Black & White RPI numbers everyone uses, I just like to base my feelings on what I've seen. To me Baylor gave UCONN their toughest test. The Huskies didn't pull away in that game until the very end. I know that won't count with the committee or especially with other team's fans but I give Baylor some real high marks for how tough they played us in that game.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Baylor looked great against UConn, but they haven't looked as great since, IMO. I would have no issue with them being a #1 seed, but I wouldn't have an issue with Louisville getting it either. I understand that they have no big wins, but they also haven't lost to a team that they are supposed to beat (unlike Stanford and Baylor).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tough.

You should have beaten Kansas than. Today certainly shows if you were that good you should have handled them easily.

You also lost to WVU. AT home. The best team WVU beat out of conference was Virginia.

Perhaps WVU and Baylor have such great records because they feasted on a down Big 12?

I assume #18 is Oklahoma State. And I just gotta laugh at that. Big deal.

What I love about the people who feel Louisville doesn't deserve a 1 seed? A group of kids that made the title game a year ago deserve a skeptical. But far more sketchy resumes from other teams get over looked?

WVU, OSU and Baylor don't have a cushy conference like Louisville.

Welcome to the new year. We are talking about this season, not last year's performance. If you don't have a top 20 win, you have my EARNED a 1 seed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Aside from the Black & White RPI numbers everyone uses, I just like to base my feelings on what I've seen. To me Baylor gave UCONN their toughest test. The Huskies didn't pull away in that game until the very end. I know that won't count with the committee or especially with other team's fans but I give Baylor some real high marks for how tough they played us in that game.

The KU loss for Baylor was a complete let-down game after giving UCONN such a tough game. I'm glad we go two chances to prove that loss to be an anomaly.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Curious: why do #1 seed speculation threads get so many posts? It's uncanny. Nothing wrong with that, but que sera, sera, I say.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Curious: why do #1 seed speculation threads get so many posts? It's uncanny. Nothing wrong with that, but que sera, sera, I say.

Because it's a big deal and the tourney is only a week or two away?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Well sometimes it depends on who's asking the questions in the threads :p

Obviously lots to disagree on and no doubt lots more after the Selection show airs...

Reaction Score
Won't really know until the tournies are over. Coukd be any of the following.

Baylor
Louisville
Tennessee
WVU
Duke
North Carolina
Right now I don't think there's any question that the last remaining No. 1 seed should belong to Louisville. Baylor would also get a little consideration but the others have no rights based on some pretty bad losses.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can almost guarantee you that if UT wins the SEC tourney that they will get a 1 seed. And I have no problem with that. They would have earned it.

If BU and WVU reach the Big12 championship both will get a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Even if UNC wins out at best they should get a 2 seed. WVU and Baylor OOC schedule were both incredibly weak. I think if Duke and Tennessee win their conference tournaments it becomes a three way battle between them and Louisville.
How can Tennessee be a number one seed when they didn't even win their own conference???? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Duke after playing UConn has played mediocre ball, at best! Why would they get consideration?

Reaction Score
Antonelli just made a fair point when discussing who should be the overall 1 seed UConn or ND. She said UConn. She said Stanford was never penalized in the past when the Pac 12 was terrible so why should UConn. I think that can apply to the Louisville 1 seed debate.

Reaction Score
Louisville only deserves a number one seed if they beat Uconn PERIOD. I could care less if they lose to Uconn by 100 or 1 point. A lost is a lost and you don't reward a team by how much they came within Uconn.

Reaction Score
Ok fine.

Lousville doesn't deserve a 1 seed.

But you better put whoever gets it over them in Louisville and let them decide it on the court.

Reaction Score
Antonelli just made a fair point when discussing who should be the overall 1 seed UConn or ND. She said UConn. She said Stanford was never penalized in the past when the Pac 12 was terrible so why should UConn. I think that can apply to the Louisville 1 seed debate.
Stanford usually challenges theirselves in the off season. Last year they scheduled the top two teams in America. I couldn't tell you who Louisville has beat this year. Only thing I can remember about Louisville this whole entire year is 2 losses to Uconn and blowing a game against Kentucky

Reaction Score
How can Tennessee be a number one seed when they didn't even win their own conference???? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Duke after playing UConn has played mediocre ball, at best! Why would they get consideration?
Did uconn win their conference last year? Oh okay... I doubt Duke wins the acc tourney, but if they do it means they beat UNC and Notre Dame. Also, out of all the teams fighting for the number one seed Duke would then have beaten more quality teams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Did uconn win their conference last year? Oh okay... I doubt Duke wins the acc tourney, but if they do it means they beat UNC and Notre Dame. Also, out of all the teams fighting for the number one seed Duke would then have beaten more quality teams.

I listed Duke as a possible 1 seed.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
How can Tennessee be a number one seed when they didn't even win their own conference????
Because...... We're TENNESSEE LADY VOLS!!!!!!! And you're not!!!!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Right now I don't think there's any question that the last remaining No. 1 seed should belong to Louisville.

Uh, yes, I think there is a big question about that.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
All this discussion simply means the committee will be excoriated no matter what their decisions. Great for women's bball...

What happens if kentucky beats tn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog