Final Number One Seed | The Boneyard

Final Number One Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that South Carolina lost to Kentucky, who DESERVES the final number one seed?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Won't really know until the tournies are over. Coukd be any of the following.

Baylor
Louisville
Tennessee
WVU
Duke
North Carolina

Reaction Score
Even if UNC wins out at best they should get a 2 seed. WVU and Baylor OOC schedule were both incredibly weak. I think if Duke and Tennessee win their conference tournaments it becomes a three way battle between them and Louisville.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme is tweeting that if Lady Vols win SEC tournament they'll get the #1 seed. Based on their strength of schedule.

Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:
Charlie Creme is tweeting that if Lady Vols win SEC tournament they'll get the #1 seed. Based on their strength of schedule.

If it happens what region will they be placed in?

Reaction Score
I think the Baylor -wv winner could get it.

Of course. That's the only team left to turn to if Tennessee goes down if you are dead set against giving it to the obvious team.

Reaction Score
UConn lost 3 times last year to one of either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the nation, and got a number 1. Louisville may lose 3 times to the best team in the nation with no bad losses, so they should get a number 1 seed, especially playing at home.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn lost 3 times last year to one of either the 2nd or 3rd best team in the nation, and got a number 1. Louisville may lose 3 times to the best team in the nation with no bad losses, so they should get a number 1 seed, especially playing at home.

Like i mentioned earlier

1) UCONN never got blasted by ND three times last year... if i recall correctly... each game went down to the final seconds and could have gone either way.

2) ... last season UCONN defeated Duke, Maryland, Stanford, Penn State and a few other highly regarded teams. Louisville best wins this year are LSU, Oklahoma, and FSU. Big difference there

Reaction Score

What about good wins?
Louisville has not beaten a team in the AP top 20.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

No bad losses but no good wins. You need to beat somebody to deserve a 1 seed. A team that wins their conference and has good wins is much more deserving. They simply haven't proven that they deserve a 1 seed.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
If Tennessee wins the SEC tournament I think the committee will give them a #1 seed based on the RPI. It won't be deserved based on their body of work, but they'll get it anyway simply because the RPI as currently defined is a badly flawed measurement.
On the other hand, if Tennessee doesn't win the SEC, I think the final #1 will boil down to Louisville or the winner of the Big 12 if that's Baylor or WVU.
If neither Tennessee, Baylor or WVU win their conference tournaments I think Louisville would be the #1.

Reaction Score
Probably Tenn but they are tied up with T A M with about 6 minutes to go.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
He'll have the Lady Vols in Lincoln and UConn in Louisville.

Should be the other way around. If they meet again in the conf. championship game it would be crazy to have them meet before the FF .

Reaction Score
Regardless of who gets the 4th #1, UCONN should not go to Louisville. It is absolutely ridiculous to send the overall #1 to play in the region of a team that may have beaten three times.

Reaction Score
Should be the other way around. If they meet again in the conf. championship game it would be crazy to have them meet before the FF .

Announcers alluded to that during the game saying that is why they think UConn will go to Lincoln.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Tennessee beats A&M 86-77 (final).

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee should get it over Louisville.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Based on what - RPI? I don't see it unless they win the Conf. Tourney
Tennessee has beat South Carolina, Texas A&M twice, and North Carolina. Who has Louisville beat in the top 15?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm for Baylor....and UCONN in Lincoln, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom