Final Number One Seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Number One Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Tennessee has beat South Carolina, Texas A&M twice, and North Carolina. Who has Louisville beat in the top 15?

LSU, Okla & Colorado - All top 15 when played. And Tenn had a brutal Home Loss to LSU. Louisville has won their games at home exc. UCONN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Tennessee wins the SEC tournament I think the committee will give them a #1 seed based on the RPI. It won't be deserved based on their body of work, but they'll get it anyway simply because the RPI as currently defined is a badly flawed measurement.
On the other hand, if Tennessee doesn't win the SEC, I think the final #1 will boil down to Louisville or the winner of the Big 12 if that's Baylor or WVU.
If neither Tennessee, Baylor or WVU win their conference tournaments I think Louisville would be the #1.
Agree with all of that except that if Duke takes ACC albeit unlikely they would trump everyone.

Reaction Score
LSU, Okla & Colorado - All top 15 when played.

What they WERE ranked is irrelevant. Colorado was vastly overranked; they will not even make the tournament. LSU & Okla are also not top 20 teams.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What they WERE ranked is irrelevant. Colorado was vastly overranked; they will not even make the tournament. LSU & Okla are also not top 20 teams.

The question was.. based on Tenn beating Top 15 teams and who Loiusville beat in the top 15. I answered the question.

....BTW even though not top 20 LSU AND Vandy beat Tenn.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Why do you only talk about wins?

Tennessee lost to unranked LSU at home and unranked Vanderbilt.

Louisville had no bad losses.
Who had a stronger SOS? Now if Louisville beats UConn which I do not think they will. Then I'd give it too them?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
LSU, Okla & Colorado - All top 15 when played. And Tenn had a brutal Home Loss to LSU. Louisville has won their games at home exc. UCONN

"when they played" carries little weight at the end of the year when they are ranked where they truly should be.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Who has Louisville beaten in the current top 20?

They haven't played any except UCONN, Stan. & KY. What can you do the conference is the conference. But the key is no bad losses like Tenn.

And again - That wasn't the original question

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Who has Louisville beaten in the current top 20?

Answer: NOBODY

If Louisville gets a number 1 seed when they don't have a single win over a CURRENT top 20 team, that will be a travesty to the other teams that have wins over top 20 and top 10 teams.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
"when they played" carries little weight at the end of the year when they are ranked where they truly should be.

And AGAIN - That wasn't the original question, which was what made compose that response. You point is valid but I was only responsed to the STWAIN question.

Reaction Score
For me, the question of the final number 1 seed is academic. Likewise, I don't
really care which regional we're sent to - we are going to win that regional and
go to the final four.

The only real test that I see is Notre Dame in the championship game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Based on the arguments made here in the past few minutes STANFORD based on this years resume is a questionable #1 seed as well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
They haven't played any except UCONN, Stan. & KY

There is what the committee should look at. If you have only one quality conference opponent then you have to have a quality OOC win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
really care which regional we're sent to - we are going to win that regional and
go to the final four.

True that!

Reaction Score
Based on the arguments made here in the past few minutes STANFORD based on this years resume is a questionable #1 seed as well.

Beat both Tennessee and Purdue.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
go to the final four.

Probably so but the question speaks to the probable location of where 2 of the number one seeds will be playing and why. As the overall one seed UCONN's reward would be going to the Louisville region to probably play the host team on their home floor? Hardly a reward. Despite the arguments made here for Louisville not being a one seed, who would ENJOY being put in that region as the one seed OVER them?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Beat both Tennessee and Purdue.

Big deal I say ;)

Beating Purdue is an accomplishment? Talk about an over-rated team. Look at their losses. Ditto Tenn IMO

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I guess we will all know soon enough. If Louisville loses by 25+ to UCONN there is nothing about that that says #1 seed. If UT, WVU or Baylor win their conference one of those have deserved the 1 seed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If this described Tennessee who would defend this as deserving a 1 seed.

"No top 20 win and didn't win their regular season or conference tournament"

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Agreed. I would put UT, Baylor or WVU as a 1 over Stanford.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If UCONN were guaranteed to go to Lincoln I doubt that anyone would be trying to defend Louisville as a 1 seed. I don't know how a team can be ranked #3 when they haven't beaten anybody.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Agreed. I would put UT, Baylor or WVU as a 1 over Stanford.

Yes and Baylor's bad losses were not as bad as Tenn's bad losses. In fact you could argue only one except that the WVU loss while to a ranked team was at home. The KY overtime loss was such a hard fought game it's almost a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom