Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chap: English (?), to Arabic, to Chinese, to Yiddish, back to English. More, or less, clear?

Soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines coalition ukonn
You are about to embark on the crusade of DWT, we have been working to
Eyes of the world are you
I hope and I pray freedom-loving people everywhere march with you
In the company / Ashley 8899041114 brave brothers in arms on all fronts
Blue car will bring bad bloody war free destruction, tyranny Lynn poor bloody blue and safety of our oppressed people

The task will not be an easy one
Enemy-trained, well-equipped, battle hardened
He will fight savagely

However, this was in 2014, a lot has happened
Strong infrastructure also suffered enormous blue Bloods worst defeat in open battle, I'm a man
Speech has seriously reduced the air force and their ability to wage war causes
Give us our weapons and Munitions overwhelming advantage in front of the house, placed in huskiville large reserves of brave soldiers

We have set!
Freedmen to victory in
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle
Will not accept anything less than complete victory

Reaction Score
Some stuff from 247 on his visit to Wisconsin (quotes are from Bob Stone):

Meeting with head coach Bo Ryan and the coaching staff over the weekend, the Badgers really tried to drive the angle of staying close to home to play next season.

"It's the home state," Stone said of Wisconsin's pitch. "It's close to home. His parents can come see him play stuff like that."
---------------
Stone said the team that lands the blue chip center will be about the following:

"The relationship with the coach," said Stone. "How he feels about the players. The projected personnel. Who's going to be there when he gets there? And how he likes the environment."

Reaction Score

"The relationship with the coach," said Stone. "How he feels about the players. The projected personnel. Who's going to be there when he gets there? And how he likes the environment."

[/QUOTE]
check. check. check. check. check...... uconn it is!

Reaction Score
Stone said the team that lands the blue chip center will be about the following:

[/I]
If staying close to home isn't a deciding factor, I don't see how Wisconsin fills that criteria better than UCONN.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If staying close to home isn't a deciding factor, I don't see how Wisconsin fills that criteria better than UCONN.
check. check. check. check. check. uconn it is!

I think Stone's dad wants him to stay close to home and probably believes he has a better shot at more legitimate playing time to showcase himself at Wisconsin. Brimah and Nolan will probably still be here next year. Diamond probably wants UConn. We'll see who wins out. I expect Ollie to prevail this weekend.

pj

Reaction Score
The Brimah / projected personnel angle is: You're too good to keep off the floor. You'll play a lot at UConn. You might play 5-10 minutes more per game somewhere else. But at UConn, you get to go against NBA-caliber players in practice. Effectively, you get many hours of extra game-equivalent competition at UConn than you would elsewhere. What do you value more, 5 minutes of extra game time or 50 hours of extra game-equivalent practice time? The latter will prepare you for the NBA far more effectively.

Wisconsin can make a case but I hope he sees UConn as the best preparation for a successful future.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The idea that these guys know the same amount as average joes when it comes to where a kid is going ahead of time just seems ridiculous. It's their job to know. They talk to the coaches and the players, not the average fan.
Totally agree. They know more than the average joe. So does 3 and 99. But as 3 and 99 admitted, contact with these people doesn't indicate any accuracy with a prediction. That's the only conclusion I've made. If you want to hang on to every crystal ball prediction made, go ahead. I don't take stock in them and I used stock deliberately. Many of these kids don't know themselves until the last minute which school they want to attend. So I'll read these predictions and take them for what they are worth - guesses. Whether they are educated guesses or total conjecture matters not to me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
^ that's a lot of thought you put into some nonsense. We should call that something- any ideas?
Lost Cause!!!

Reaction Score
I think Stone's dad wants him to stay close to home and probably believes he has a better shot at more legitimate playing time to showcase himself at Wisconsin. Brimah and Nolan will probably still be here next year. Diamond probably wants UConn. We'll see who wins out. I expect Ollie to prevail this weekend.

I can't imagine that Stone is worried about Phil Nolan taking his minutes.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^
If we didn't have high character win first kids like Brimah & Nolan on the roster this potential signing could come with baggage. I think it will work. The idea of Brimah & Stone roaming the paint together as 2016 lottery picks is an interesting thought.

Reaction Score
pj said:
The Brimah / projected personnel angle is: You're too good to keep off the floor. You'll play a lot at UConn. You might play 5-10 minutes more per game somewhere else. But at UConn, you get to go against NBA-caliber players in practice. Effectively, you get many hours of extra game-equivalent competition at UConn than you would elsewhere. What do you value more, 5 minutes of extra game time or 50 hours of extra game-equivalent practice time? The latter will prepare you for the NBA far more effectively. Wisconsin can make a case but I hope he sees UConn as the best preparation for a successful future.
While I agree, this is probably Kentucky's pitch and I don't want to have anything in common with them.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
While I agree, this is probably Kentucky's pitch and I don't want to have anything in common with them.

As long as Drake and WWW don't start hanging around, that is a nice pitch to make.

Reaction Score
Stone doesn't have to worry about playing time where ever he goes, if he wants to be best prepared for the NBA UConn is the best choice. My heart and my head tell me UConn will be the pick.

Reaction Score
Stone doesn't have to worry about playing time where ever he goes, if he wants to be best prepared for the NBA UConn is the best choice. My heart and my head tell me UConn will be the pick.
He doesn't need UConn for the NBA. However UConn is the best NBA parking spot out of all schools.

Reaction Score
I don't get why people can't find a balance with their view on the crystal ball. The crystal ball being wrong doesn't make it worthless and the crystal ball being right doesn't make it a prophet. It's a collection of educated guesses from people in contact with representatives of multiple schools. It isn't going to predict the result with much conviction, but it probably isn't meaningless, either. I feel the same way about what we hear from 99, 3, etc.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If you don't want to have anything in common with them, then we should probably stop recruiting top players. And, also, playing basketball.

Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
If you don't want to have anything in common with them, then we should probably stop recruiting top players. And, also, playing basketball.

That's a lot of things. We should probably get started.

Reaction Score
This made the delinquent in me chuckle.

2dv6f0k.jpg

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Or maybe that he does. BB will always be second to football at Wiscy. Not so here.

Ready for my cherry-picked, I-must-clarify-this-immediately post of the day? No? Well, I'm doing it anyway.

Yes, basketball in Madison might take a bit of a backseat to football. But Wisconsin over the past four years ranked 7th, 7th, 5th and 7th in average attendance per game in all of college basketball. It's not like it's an afterthought in Wisconsin.

Also, I don't see how we're going to lose him. At the red-white game he attended last weekend, his family was spotted talking to former PGA tour player, two-time US Open winner, ESPN golf analyst, and Wisconsin basketball booster Andy North. How can anyone compete with that kind of star power? That's Andy North, yo. Unless you guys are bringing out Curtis Strange, this battle is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom