Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Ready for my cherry-picked, I-must-clarify-this-immediately post of the day? No? Well, I'm doing it anyway.

Yes, basketball in Madison might take a bit of a backseat to football. But Wisconsin over the past four years ranked 7th, 7th, 5th and 7th in average attendance per game in all of college basketball. It's not like it's an afterthought in Wisconsin.

Also, I don't see how we're going to lose him. At the red-white game he attended last weekend, his family was spotted talking to former PGA tour player, two-time US Open winner, ESPN golf analyst, and Wisconsin basketball booster Andy North. How can anyone compete with that kind of star power? That's Andy North, yo. Unless you guys are bringing out Curtis Strange, this battle is over.

Was that last paragraph a joke?

Reaction Score

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ready for my cherry-picked, I-must-clarify-this-immediately post of the day? No? Well, I'm doing it anyway.

Yes, basketball in Madison might take a bit of a backseat to football. But Wisconsin over the past four years ranked 7th, 7th, 5th and 7th in average attendance per game in all of college basketball. It's not like it's an afterthought in Wisconsin.

Also, I don't see how we're going to lose him. At the red-white game he attended last weekend, his family was spotted talking to former PGA tour player, two-time US Open winner, ESPN golf analyst, and Wisconsin basketball booster Andy North. How can anyone compete with that kind of star power? That's Andy North, yo. Unless you guys are bringing out Curtis Strange, this battle is over.

I'll introduce him to Jacques Pepin - now it's even

Reaction Score
Isn't this the same guy who said during the summer that UConn wasn't really a serious factor for Stone?
yeah, he said prior to the summer that he couldn't figure out why UConn was being mentioned with Diamond Stone, and attributed it to Phil Nolan, a fellow Wisconsin native, being on the roster. But he began to change his tune as the live periods were happening.

I know you can't copy/paste but can you give a brief summary of why he changed his pick?
Basically, the guy says that he's spoken with multiple sources and he's heard enough to the point where he believes UConn is getting Stone. Mentions that Wisconsin's main play at this point is the advantage of playing in front of friends and family. Also said that sources indicated and gave reasons why Stone could land at each of the four schools, but if he (the mod not Stone) were making his choice today, UConn is his crystal ball pick.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
yeah, he said prior to the summer that he couldn't figure out why UConn was being mentioned with Diamond Stone, and attributed it to Phil Nolan, a fellow Wisconsin native, being on the roster. But he began to change his tune as the live periods were happening.

Basically, the guy says that he's spoken with multiple sources and he's heard enough to the point where he believes UConn is getting Stone. Mentions that Wisconsin's main play at this point is the advantage of playing in front of friends and family. Also said that sources indicated and gave reasons why Stone could land at each of the four schools, but if he (the mod not Stone) were making his choice today, UConn is his crystal ball pick.

If it is not too much to ask, what would be the reason that Stone would go to OK State according to Flood?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Funkhouser said:
Ready for my cherry-picked, I-must-clarify-this-immediately post of the day? No? Well, I'm doing it anyway. Yes, basketball in Madison might take a bit of a backseat to football. But Wisconsin over the past four years ranked 7th, 7th, 5th and 7th in average attendance per game in all of college basketball. It's not like it's an afterthought in Wisconsin. Also, I don't see how we're going to lose him. At the red-white game he attended last weekend, his family was spotted talking to former PGA tour player, two-time US Open winner, ESPN golf analyst, and Wisconsin basketball booster Andy North. How can anyone compete with that kind of star power? That's Andy North, yo. Unless you guys are bringing out Curtis Strange, this battle is over.

I like this guy. ^^^^

Reaction Score
If it is not too much to ask, what would be the reason that Stone would go to OK State according to Flood?
He doesn't list the reasons for each school. But I think I remember him saying at some point that Stone and family loved Oklahoma State's facilities and atmosphere.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I don't disagree. I do believe that I recall you guys winning a game or two in the NCAA tourney last year.:rolleyes: I like Wiscy as a program and recognize that you put on a good show down there. It is just more central to identity up here. That said, if we have to lose Stone, I'd rather see him at home in Wisconsin that at another location.

It is tough to compete with Andy North but last night Stone was over heard asking this guy whether he should stay in Wisconsin. I was able to take a video of the answer:

Reaction Score
He doesn't list the reasons for each school. But I think I remember him saying at some point that Stone and family loved Oklahoma State's facilities and atmosphere.

I've been there. On that campus. Stark. Not a shrub in sight. Now, you don't go to college for shrubs, but it felt, well, institutional. Brick non-descript buildings on oceans of dead grass lawn. If a tumbleweed blew by, you wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State has marble stairways in their locker rooms thanks to T. Boone Pickens.

When I lived in Italy for a year, there were constant reports are marble slipping deaths. All the floors, even outside the bathrooms, in the apartments they called homes (they were very nice large apartments though) were made of marble. People were constantly slipping and breaking their necks.

Something to think about if I was a prospective bball recruit.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No! Somehow lost my emoticon. If it wasn't clear, I was joking.
We would lose 90% of our content if we were mature.

So, we'd lose 90% of the 10% of total volume that could actually be considered content?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Was that last paragraph a joke?

Nope. 100% accurate. Tough to compete with North. Especially for future NBAers who spend time on the course.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
Nope. 100% accurate. Andy North is tough to compete with. Especially for future NBAers who spend time on the course.

I think we can counter with the George Springer and Mo'ne Davis Sports Illustrated covers from this summer. One of them went here, and the other dreams of coming here. We can maybe invite Mo'ne in to give a sales pitch, during her pre-recruitable student-athlete time while she is pitching Chevys. Just to tick the NCAA off a little more.

Throw in the Bazz cover and we can tell Diamond that there is a 3 in 51 chance of being on the cover of SI if he's affiliated with UConn (gotta take the swimsuit cover out of the equation).

And if it comes to it, we can even bring in Connecticut native and former LLWS Champion Chris Drury, who also won a Stanley Cup. That would cover TWO sports he probably doesn't care about!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State has marble stairways in their locker rooms thanks to T. Boone Pickens.

Sounds slippery. How long til someone breaks a leg descending those things.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
When I lived in Italy for a year, there were constant reports are marble slipping deaths. All the floors, even outside the bathrooms, in the apartments they called homes (they were very nice large apartments though) were made of marble. People were constantly slipping and breaking their necks.

Something to think about if I was a prospective bball recruit.

got in before me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think we can counter with the George Springer and Mo'ne Davis Sports Illustrated covers from this summer. One of them went here, and the other dreams of coming here. We can maybe invite Mo'ne in to give a sales pitch, during her pre-recruitable student-athlete time while she is pitching Chevys. Just to tick the NCAA off a little more.

Throw in the Bazz cover and we can tell Diamond that there is a 3 in 51 chance of being on the cover of SI if he's affiliated with UConn (gotta take the swimsuit cover out of the equation).

And if it comes to it, we can even bring in Connecticut native and former LLWS Champion Chris Drury, who also won a Stanley Cup. That would cover TWO sports he probably doesn't care about!

Eh, Just tell him Michael Bolton is from CT. and hand him a Pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom