Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wow... I guess I am not shocked by some of you out there on the site, but it seems like some of you have no idea what DS is all about on this visit. This is about basketball and the right fit. He is the type of player who is going to be turned off by trying to hard and pulling out all the stops. He can see through the fake and has the most level head in a recruit we have seen in awhile. While his buddy Newman was making it all about him and constantly about the two of them playing together and all the schools who love him, DS has been doing things behind the scene on his terms and his families turns. I doubt he will ever read this board and I hope he doesn't because some of you sound like a bunch of hicks encouraging someone's daughter to get friendly with him. I hope you never have girls let alone kids.

Do you know Diamond personally? If not, pretty sure you have no idea how he thinks behind closed doors either.

Anyway, thanks for morality lecture.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's annoying when people use "let alone" incorrectly. This sentence should be "I hope you never have kids, let alone girls" because you're saying you can't imagine people like this having any kids in general, and you don't even want to bring up the possibility that they'd be girls.
I think we should just be done with it and let it alone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Those were jokes, plus, who cares, boys tend to like girls.....do we need a birds and bees talk....It's not like KO is going to actually use that as a recruiting tatic but when DS goes out and hangs with PN and crew wherever they go you better believe that there is going to be UCONN girls and they are going to be star struck.Go ahead girls flirt, play coy, tease do whatever you do to make him wanting to come back. It can't hurt. He is going to make a best basketball decision but if he had a ton of fun it could break a tie thats for sure.

This brings to mind one of the greatest Charles Barkley quotes of all time.

"When I was recruited at Auburn, they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those t!tties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements."

ctchamps

Reaction Score
it's all relative. in some countries you'd get stone(d) for even thinking what these posters are posting.
Now that's funny. But funnier if you make the pun more obvious. I put parenthesis around the d for you. Hopefully that country is Yukon!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
wrote my while you posted yours. you scare me some times.

It's nice being all powerful and omniscient.

Especially when stealing others jokes before they write them.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This thread is going off the rails. Considering the type of person KO is and the type of program we have - not to mention that prospects read this board. I know we are bored to death and everyone is just kidding around but we should really not be posting $%#$ like this. KO attracts a certain type of player- high caliber and I am proud of that- lets try to hold it together until the season starts. Do not mess with the mojo.

DOOMED!!!
I'll take any of these off season train wreck threads over any of the threads following an in season loss. Those are the "worse", let alone the pizza threads. You'll have to go through this train wreck to see what I've done. Don't bother!

Reaction Score
Wow... I guess I am not shocked by some of you out there on the site, but it seems like some of you have no idea what DS is all about on this visit. This is about basketball and the right fit. He is the type of player who is going to be turned off by trying to hard and pulling out all the stops. He can see through the fake and has the most level head in a recruit we have seen in awhile. While his buddy Newman was making it all about him and constantly about the two of them playing together and all the schools who love him, DS has been doing things behind the scene on his terms and his families turns. I doubt he will ever read this board and I hope he doesn't because some of you sound like a bunch of hicks encouraging someone's daughter to get friendly with him. I hope you never have girls let alone kids.

You have a Husky in your avatar and you're calling posters a "bunch of hicks"? People are just having some fun so take a chill pill and try doing the same some time in your life.

Reaction Score
This brings to mind one of the greatest Charles Barkley quotes of all time.

"When I was recruited at Auburn, they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those t!tties on Buffy, I knew that Auburn met my academic requirements."
On a related note, my buddy was walking down the street in midtown Manhattan earlier this week and suddenly saw Sir Charles approaching.. so he goes "HOLY " as a pretty natural reaction to being in such close proximity to a HOF player. Chuck smugly looked over to my pal and just goes "Yeeeaaaa, that's right." Definitely not the first time he pulled that! Such a moron at times (like his halftime prediction we would get blown out during March Madness), but utterly impossible not to find amusing-

Reaction Score
On a related note, my buddy was walking down the street in midtown Manhattan earlier this week and suddenly saw Sir Charles approaching.. so he goes "HOLY " as a pretty natural reaction to being in such close proximity to a HOF player. Chuck smugly looked over to my pal and just goes "Yeeeaaaa, that's right." Definitely not the first time he pulled that! Such a moron at times (like his halftime prediction we would get blown out during March Madness), but utterly impossible not to find amusing-
Can't blame him for that one. He quite obviously never watches any college bball before the tournament. If they still want to pay him to comment on it, I don't blame him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for that one. He quite obviously never watches any college bball before the tournament. If they still want to pay him to comment on it, I don't blame him.

Yeah, he knows nothing about CBB, but who cares? He's hilarious to listen to, and infinitely better than 95% of the other talking heads.

Plus, most of the time picks against UCONN we win. I like that. Although I think he did jump on the KW bandwagon (rightfully) at some point.

Reaction Score
Smoking ganga right now.☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
UConn picked up another crystal ball pick today from Corey Evans, pulling the total percentage of UConn picks to 56% (Wisconsin is the next closest at 24%). Obviously you have to take it with a grain of salt, but when there's been a steady stream of insiders hearing favorable UConn vibes, he hasn't even visited yet, and he's scheduled to announce his final decision just days after the visit, you can piece together a nice picture here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
UConn picked up another crystal ball pick today from Corey Evans, pulling the total percentage of UConn picks to 56% (Wisconsin is the next closest at 24%). Obviously you have to take it with a grain of salt, but when there's been a steady stream of insiders hearing favorable UConn vibes, he hasn't even visited yet, and he's scheduled to announce his final decision just days after the visit, you can piece together a nice picture here.
They flipped because he didn't commit when at Wisconsin and he's taking his visit to UConn. If he doesn't commit this weekend or shortly there after they'll start switching back to Wisconsin. They know as much about what's going on as you and I do until the kid makes up his mind. Then they are often in the stream of knowing.

Reaction Score
They know as much about what's going on as you and I do until the kid makes up his mind. Then they are often in the stream of knowing.

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, regardless of what you think of their occupation, that's a pretty arrogant thing to say.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Do you honestly believe that? I mean, regardless of what you think of their occupation, that's a pretty arrogant thing to say.
The statement is based on their projection of where a recruit is heading well ahead of the time that recruit announces his decision. It's confined to just this aspect of recruiting. I'm not referencing it to their general knowledge about recruits. It's an opinion based on their constantly changing their picks. If my assumption is incorrect, I'll gladly amend it if some one can show me evidence to the contrary.

Reaction Score
^ that's a lot of thought you put into some nonsense. We should call that something- any ideas?

Reaction Score
The statement is based on their projection of where a recruit is heading well ahead of the time that recruit announces his decision. It's confined to just this aspect of recruiting. I'm not referencing it to their general knowledge about recruits. It's an opinion based on their constantly changing their picks. If my assumption is incorrect, I'll gladly amend it if some one can show me evidence to the contrary.

The idea that these guys know the same amount as average joes when it comes to where a kid is going ahead of time just seems ridiculous. It's their job to know. They talk to the coaches and the players, not the average fan.

Reaction Score
I don't put any stock in these crystal balls and I don't know why people obsess over them.

Reaction Score
soldiers, sailors & airmen of allied UCONN expeditionary forces
you are about to embark upon the grt crusade toward which we have striven
the eyes of world are upon you
the hopes & prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you
in company w/ brave alli8899041114es & brothers in arms on all fronts
you will bring about destruction of bad blue bloody war machine, elim of bad blue bloody tyranny over oppressed people of wrld & security for us in free wrld

your task will not be an easy 1
your enemy is well trained, well equipped & battle hardened
he will fight savagely

but this is the yr 2014, much has happened
huskies have inflicted upon bad blue bloodys great defeats, in open battle and man-to-man
our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on ground
our home front has given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons & munitions of war and placed at huskyville great reserves of brave fighting men

The Tide has Turned!
free men of wrld are marching to victory
i have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty & skill in battle
we will accept nothing less than full VictorY

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
soldiers, sailors & airmen of allied UCONN expeditionary forces
you are about to embark upon the grt crusade toward which we have striven
the eyes of world are upon you
the hopes & prayers of liberty loving people everywhere march with you
in company w/ brave alli8899041114es & brothers in arms on all fronts
you will bring about destruction of bad blue bloody war machine, elim of bad blue bloody tyranny over oppressed people of wrld & security for us in free wrld

your task will not be an easy 1
your enemy is well trained, well equipped & battle hardened
he will fight savagely

but this is the yr 2014, much has happened
huskies have inflicted upon bad blue bloodys great defeats, in open battle and man-to-man
our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on ground
our home front has given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons & munitions of war and placed at huskyville great reserves of brave fighting men

The Tide has Turned!
free men of wrld are marching to victory
i have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty & skill in battle
we will accept nothing less than full VictorY

Shucks Chap, you say the darnedest things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom