Chopping block | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Chopping block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, ideally the tackling, dropped passes and other mental mistakes are the exact issues coaches are supposed to be working with players on during the week - they should get better over time… In our case they have not.

I’ve always said my biggest question after seeing this years team is can someone tell me what happened in the offseason??? Or what didn’t happen?

And the departures of key players key positions because they had some issue w/ the coaching staff, maybe they were the ones you needed to hold to that ball, catch those passes and make those tackles?
When Buckman was dropping punts and passes at the beginning of the season, I noticed that his propensity to drop the ball stopped after a couple games. In this case maybe the coaches were doing something right. Just saying

Reaction Score
Buckman hasn't touched a punt since the Duke game.
So he hasn’t touched punt or pass since the 4th game of the season, so what. What’s your point?
My point is he is vastly improved in catching passes and punts since the NC State game, and I doubt he improved all on his own.

Reaction Score
I don’t think firing head coaches at the rate we do is helpful so Mora should probably be safe but screw it, fire the supporting cast of clowns. It’s not like we don’t pay enough - our salaries are higher than most G5s. I don’t care if they hire a consultant, just get us coaches that know how to LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES. That’s literally our biggest problem.

Charlton: “oh we’ve scored 14 points in our last 3 games? Yah I’ll call another screen on 3rd and 9. Ef if.”

Reaction Score
Are we getting coach-speak from Mora, or do his comments suggest an actual change in approach in recruiting? Let's hope we see some changes.

Reaction Score
Time to replace Nick Charlton with TJ Weiss. Yeah, I know, but he is on his second time around and it would be a promotion.

Reaction Score
TJ Weist got treated like when he was interim HC and wanted the full job, didnt he? (Maybe I am not remembering it clearly, which is a definite possibility)

I cant imagine he'd want back into the clown car at this point...

Reaction Score
TJ Weist got treated like when he was interim HC and wanted the full job, didnt he? (Maybe I am not remembering it clearly, which is a definite possibility)

I cant imagine he'd want back into the clown car at this point...
Ye of little faith in AD David Benedict, HCJM, and $$. The greater impediment might be his wife, but I suspect the kids are grown my now or close to it.

Reaction Score
8 wins? What are we smoking?
This team has 1 win and can top off at 3. Let's say you average last year's 6 wins and this year's 3 and you get 4 (I rounded down because who knows if we even beat UMess). Going from 4 wins to 8 with a second tier layout bowl game would be a lot of progress (especially being an independent- i.e. not slotted into a conference-allotted bowl game). So, to me your question should be what are you smoking?

Reaction Score
So he hasn’t touched punt or pass since the 4th game of the season, so what. What’s your point?
My point is he is vastly improved in catching passes and punts since the NC State game, and I doubt he improved all on his own.
They pulled him from fielding punts because he was skittish/ insecure at doing so. That mindset transferred to his pass catching duties and it's no coincidence that that his pass catching efficiencies improved when he no longer was required to field punts.

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly is a New Hampshire guy, born and raised.

If he gets canned I'm at least making a phone call to see if he'd like to be OC or maybe come in as an advisor or an 'analyst'.

Reaction Score
Lmaoo so now we are going to blame the AD for Mora hiring bad coaches? C'mon man, you get real. The funds are there for the program to be respectable, that Mora has not fully maximized them it's another issue
Hey, as I said. Mora is either hamstrung by the AD or he is a terrible judge of coaching talent. My guess is given what we are paying and the lack of a DC it’s the former. But either way something has to give.

Reaction Score
I think Mora has another year to show progress. Are his recruits even having an impact yet?
If in fact he recruited well and will bring in 12-14 portals, his recruits will hit the field with the portals and we should get a real view of what he and his staff can do. Hope the staff includes a DC

Reaction Score
The New England area, over the years, seem(s) or (ed) to be a hot bed for coaches over the years...CT included...

Reaction Score
Hey, as I said. Mora is either hamstrung by the AD or he is a terrible judge of coaching talent. My guess is given what we are paying and the lack of a DC it’s the former. But either way something has to give.
Look at the many promising coaches that came to UConn and their careers took a hit. Not every good coach is excited to coach at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom