Charlton has been one of our best coordinators, and yes I want him gone!!! | The Boneyard

Charlton has been one of our best coordinators, and yes I want him gone!!!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately he’s going to be back I’ll tell ya that right now for one. I would like to believe we can do better but realistically who are we going to hire that’s any good, we’re UConn we’re not gonna have our pick of the litter. You hear the saying we can do better, with UConn its quite the opposite. We can always do worse.

Reaction Score
Plus we will owe him $800,000 too. What a bad deal for us.

Apparently many players want him gone as well.

Reaction Score
I though assistant coaches were generally paid on one year contracts. Does anyone have a copy of Charlton's?

Reaction Score
Trust Mora. Less than a year ago there were many Yarder's who wanted Hurley canned as they were convinced he would never win anything here. That sure aged well.

BTW our scheduling practices as a G5 team are absurd. Play more G5 games please and all of the coaches will look better.

Reaction Score
'Are coaches guaranteed a specific job? Can an assistant coach be pd by contract but demoted to equipment manager (just an example)?

I think they can. Or at least have their duties and scope altered.

Like, it would be a real shame if we brought in an actual QB Coach that also called the plays, and made the playbook.

Reaction Score
You got a source for that?

On the money? That’s out there.

The Dog Pound Rivals UConn Podcast alluded to Charlton not being very well liked on the most recent one.

Reaction Score
'Are coaches guaranteed a specific job? Can an assistant coach be pd by contract but demoted to equipment manager (just an example)?
No, as long as they get paid, they can be reassigned

Reaction Score
I though assistant coaches were generally paid on one year contracts. Does anyone have a copy of Charlton's?
I think Coordinators are usually on 2 year contracts.
Guess it could have always been revised/renegotiated since that I’m not aware of…

1701270217197.png

Reaction Score
You got a source for that?

Talk about our unrealistic expectations to be over .500 and competitive. We are stuck with an ineffective predictable OC that rumors of players not being happy with because we can't manage an 800k buyout but other programs are footing tens of millions for buyouts..... we can't get players because our NIL is crowdsourced to get 25k vs millions from other programs and we can't complain if we don't get the players. Man, it's fun being a UConn football fan!

Reaction Score
Talk about our unrealistic expectations to be over .500 and competitive. We are stuck with an ineffective predictable OC that rumors of players not being happy with because we can't manage an 800k buyout but other programs are footing tens of millions for buyouts..... we can't get players because our NIL is crowdsourced to get 25k vs millions from other programs and we can't complain if we don't get the players. Man, it's fun being a UConn football fan!
You sure you responded to the right post? Didn't even mention anything you said lol

Reaction Score
Guess it could have always been revised/renegotiated since that I’m not aware of…

View attachment 93511
Whats the buyout clause? I cannot believe hes under contract for 2 more seasons, thats insane. Honestly confused by that timeline. So it didnt start until 12/20/22? so he had a 1 year contract for the first season (2022), then got extended for 3 more after that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plus we will owe him $800,000 too. What a bad deal for us.

Apparently many players want him gone as well.
and this is where the Big East/Independence arrangement kills us, but right now it is what it is. Hopefully we land in a real conference with real payouts that give all of our sports programs flexibility. This is the same school that had to resort to embarrassing and ultimately expensive shenanigans to get rid of a basketball coach.

Reaction Score
Whats the buyout clause? I cannot believe hes under contract for 2 more seasons, thats insane. Honestly confused by that timeline. So it didnt start until 12/20/22? so he had a 1 year contract for the first season (2022), then got extended for 3 more after that?

His buyout is whatever we have left to pay him. He has the same length of contract as Mora.

and we pay him more than he made in Maine.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On the money? That’s out there.

The Dog Pound Rivals UConn Podcast alluded to Charlton not being very well liked on the most recent one.
So third party hearsay.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what Mora does about OC. He has trashed the offense after pretty much every game. And he hasn't really said many positive things about Charlton to believe he has Charlton's back. So why is Charlton still here?

1) maybe he won't be. They could be working out some sort of settlement.

2) Mora feels he hasn't set up Charlton to succeed because of the players they have or direction he may have given on how Mora wants the offense to run.

3) Welliver signing may be contingent on Charlton being his OC. This is unlikely because if Mora really thinks Charlton is a bad OC, a good quarterback won't fix that. Also...this feels counter to Mora's leadership style.

4) buyout concern. Also unlikely. UConn is in a desperate place...$800k isn't going to stop them from doing the right thing.

I think it's still possible that Charlton goes...but if he doesn't I think it's because Mora still believes in his offense...and he thinks more playmakers and better QB play will fix the problem. I also think Mora will hire a DC which will allow him to have more involvement in the offense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unfortunately he’s going to be back I’ll tell ya that right now for one. I would like to believe we can do better but realistically who are we going to hire that’s any good, we’re UConn we’re not gonna have our pick of the litter. You hear the saying we can do better, with UConn its quite the opposite. We can always do worse.

I think there are plenty of people out there who can "lead" an offense which averaged 18 ppg against FBS competition and finish in the bottom 10 of total offense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Are people just mad at the results or are there specific plays we didn’t like, other than the stupid gadgets.

This is a serious question. For years, we moaned about the run, run, pass, punt. Charlton certainly wasn't that. And while you can certainly question situational play calling and players not developing, but it's that going to happen with poor athletes?

I really don't know how many open looks weren't attempted.

Reaction Score
Are people just mad at the results or are there specific plays we didn’t like, other than the stupid gadgets.

This is a serious question. For years, we moaned about the run, run, pass, punt. Charlton certainly wasn't that. And while you can certainly question situational play calling and players not developing, but it's that going to happen with poor athletes?

I really don't know how many open looks weren't attempted.
Outside of Lashlee and Weist, I didn't see much difference from prior year offenses...A lot of plays were forced to develop out of the backfield, non-downfield passes along with the ole calling it quits runs on 3rd and long etc.... 1st down was almost always a run. OC play calling looked just as predictable as it's ever been.... in the live chats we were calling the plays before they even happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom