C Zach Brown | Page 14 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can anyone confirm that he is visiting UCONN this weekend or is it the following weekend?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Where's our Labor Day Recon team? Eyes on the prize.

Reaction Score
fleudslipcon said:
You wrote that you personally experienced this condition if I recall correctly. I would also imagine that his lungs need some time to catch up in the growth department.

Yeah. I went from 5-2 to 6-2 in about 18 months. When the spurt finished, I felt like I was getting stabbed right below the knee every time I took a step (it's actually bone deposits on the top of the tibia that cause the problem). Coach thought I was lazy and under the guise of "not making excuses" I was stupid and didn't explain why I was immobile - once it went away, I was like a new player. Still not any good, but at least not so lazy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah. I went from 5-2 to 6-2 in about 18 months. When the spurt finished, I felt like I was getting stabbed right below the knee every time I took a step (it's actually bone deposits on the top of the tibia that cause the problem). Coach thought I was lazy and under the guise of "not making excuses" I was stupid and didn't explain why I was immobile - once it went away, I was like a new player. Still not any good, but at least not so lazy.
Which points out that not every time we see what appears to be someone dogging it they are doing so because of a lack of motivation.

Reaction Score
So it looks like KO was taking in the US Open with Boo Willingham who I believe is Zach Brown's AAU Coach. Not really sure if it means anything but it certainly can't be a bad thing in KO's recruitment of Brown.

Not sure if you are aware, but the tone of your post suggests you don't. Willingham Is more than just Browns AAU coach - he played at UConn with Ollie at UConn (actually they were in the same class) and Bu was KO's best man. I'm sure they do a lot of communicating with each other.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are aware, but the tone of your post suggests you don't. Willingham Is more than just Browns AAU coach - he played at UConn with Ollie at UConn (actually they were in the same class) and Bu was KO's best man. I'm sure they do a lot of communicating with each other.

Oh yea I am aware probably shouldve made that clearer in the post. Just thought it was interesting that they're hanging this particular weekend with all the speculation around Brown potentially coming to UConn. That's why I said in the initial post that it could potentially mean nothing since they are very close, but with all the rumors going around I figured it was worth noting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That's a good thing as long as he didn't introduce the Ollie's to each other. Did I just go there? Yep, I guess I did... (before people jump on me, I was joking.) If he did introduce them, sending Brown to UCONN could be his act of atonement.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Did he visit or this week?

Reaction Score
In my estimation while the relationship won't hurt, I think Boo and Ollie will do what's best for Zach Brown. It is this base foundation which sets us apart from programs like Kentucky. That said, I hope he comes here.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how we seem to be the only program in the country who gets these big time recruits on campus without anybody in the media finding out about it...exact same thing happened with Larrier.

Not complaining by the way.

Reaction Score
Hearing really good things here. Could be hearing very soon.
Ollie is just unbelievable now. He has answered all the questions and others had about whether he could recruit with UCONN''s current league, Rumors of Ollie leaving for the NBA, unimpressive staff and personal distractions(though I guess his marriage is behind him). So glad JC hand picked him to be our next coach. We definitely will be seeing another final four in our near horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom