C Zach Brown | Page 15 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
One last big test for KO will be keeping this kid committed for 2 years, because you know the other coaches aren't going to stop recruiting him. He managed it with DHam; let's hope we get the same kind of closure & retention here.

Reaction Score
Can someone help me here, where does Oz post about recruiting?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Ollie is just unbelievable now. He has answered all the questions and others had about whether he could recruit with UCONN''s current league, Rumors of Ollie leaving for the NBA, unimpressive staff and personal distractions(though I guess his marriage is behind him). So glad JC hand picked him to be our next coach. We definitely will be seeing another final four in our near horizon.
Might be worth revisiting talk of that "unimpressive staff"

Reaction Score
Might be worth revisiting talk of that "unimpressive staff"
True, they better than we thought with all these commitments. Though I still think KO is the main reason people are coming to UCONN. Still would be nice to get a true big man coach on the staff.

Reaction Score
I would still love to get a recruiting grinder on the staff but I hope it only occurs because Hobbs or Miller get a head coaching job after we win another ship.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would still love to get a recruiting grinder on the staff but I hope it only occurs because Hobbs or Miller get a head coaching job after we win another ship.
Don't think we need one anymore :D

Reaction Score
At some point during the 2013 season I came to the opinion all our coaches were trained by JC. Excelled in JCs system. That was good enough for me. KOs NBA experience/insight and the 2014 results sealed my opinion.

Compare our coaches to the D-Bags that are going to inherit the Duke program. Our coaches beat them on the court and will beat them on the bench. I'd take our guys all day.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but when KO brings a recruit into the basketball facilities every coach can point to a picture of himself in a Husky uniform. There's nothing in college basketball that even compares to that. Duke is close, but not equal.

We are the future. Not Duke, Kentucky, UNC or anyone else in the P5.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I would still love to get a recruiting grinder on the staff...
It seems like someone on the staff has turned into exactly that.

And that, to me, fits the UConn ethos very well. We almost never get the complete package out of the gate; we get the guys who need to work and strive and strain to hit their potential. That clearly goes for our coaches, too.

I wouldn't change a damn thing. :D

Reaction Score
At some point during the 2013 season I came to the opinion all our coaches were trained by JC. Excelled in JCs system. That was good enough for me. KOs NBA experience/insight and the 2014 results sealed my opinion.

Compare our coaches to the D-Bags that are going to inherit the Duke program. Our coaches beat them on the court and will beat them on the bench. I'd take our guys all day.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but when KO brings a recruit into the basketball facilities every coach can point to a picture of himself in a Husky uniform. There's nothing in college basketball that even compares to that. Duke is close, but not equal.

We are the future. Not Duke, Kentucky, UNC or anyone else in the P5.
I would love our practice facility to show montages and videos of us beating the other elite programs we are recruiting against.
Show Rash with the ball after the horn sounds with Coach K as a backdrop hugging Avery.
Show the Okafor put back against Duke in the FF four game, along with a shot of Rashad's long 3 that turned the tide.
Show the shot of a dismayed Brad Stevens as Jeremy Lamb is putting the finishing touches on a championship. (Yeah, he's the C's coach, so the kids will know that more than Butler).
Show a Shabazz 3 against KY in the championship game.

I'm buzzed drinking a lot of gin, but this all makes sense to me. Make it happen KO.

Reaction Score
I'm very excited about what he could do in a UConn uniform and very excited about what he could do for this program even after he leaves. This program has a great history of big men but there's not much to show to elite big man recruits in terms of recent NBA success. Adding him to Drummond, whose effect will only get bigger, could be huge going forward.

Reaction Score
I would love our practice facility to show montages and videos of us beating the other elite programs we are recruiting against.
Show Rash with the ball after the horn sounds with Coach K as a backdrop hugging Avery.
Show the Okafor put back against Duke in the FF four game, along with a shot of Rashad's long 3 that turned the tide.
Show the shot of a dismayed Brad Stevens as Jeremy Lamb is putting the finishing touches on a championship. (Yeah, he's the C's coach, so the kids will know that more than Butler).
Show a Shabazz 3 against KY in the championship game.

I'm buzzed drinking a lot of gin, but this all makes sense to me. Make it happen KO.
I actually think this brotherhood pitch weeds out a lot of one-and-done type guys. We will have some for sure, but less then other elite programs. For the most part I'm ok with that. At UCONN you meet lifetime friends. UCONN is not a quick stop on your way to the NBA. Again, we will get some one-and-done types, but I don't think we'll ever get Kentucky/Duke type numbers. I think KOs UCONN brotherhood pitch pushes some of them away.

Reaction Score
I'm very excited about what he could do in a UConn uniform and very excited about what he could do for this program even after he leaves. This program has a great history of big men but there's not much to show to elite big man recruits in terms of recent NBA success. Adding him to Drummond, whose effect will only get bigger, could be huge going forward.
You could make a very similar argument about a lot of our guys

Purvis: failed at NC State. Excelled at UCONN where they know how to teach a guard to play basketball...at least that's what I'm hoping is the end story

Adams/Gilbert: continued the long tradition of PGs with NBA level training/responsibility while in college. Like the PGs before them, lead the Huskies to a NC over the bigger P5 schools.

Hamilton: re-ignited the tradition of NBA level swing men from UCONN

All those are examples of smaller players, but my point is, almost all our players have a story they can add to our recruiting pitch. But your point is very significant. We could use some help with the big man pitch.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You could make a very similar argument about a lot of our guys

Purvis: failed at NC State. Excelled at UCONN where they know how to teach a guard to play basketball...at least that's what I'm hoping is the end story

Adams/Gilbert: continued the long tradition of PGs with NBA level training/responsibility while in college. Like the PGs before them, lead the Huskies to a NC over the bigger P5 schools.

Hamilton: re-ignited the tradition of NBA level swing men from UCONN

All those are examples of smaller players, but my point is, almost all our players have a story they can add to our recruiting pitch. But your point is very significant. We could use some help with the big man pitch.
1. Didn't purvis average 10 ppg as a freshman? That's not tooooo bad....
2. At this point, we are one of the bigger schools(not p5 but I don't think that matters at this point)
3. Apparently we don't need help with the big man pitch :D

Reaction Score
1. Didn't purvis average 10 ppg as a freshman? That's not tooooo bad....
2. At this point, we are one of the bigger schools(not p5 but I don't think that matters at this point)
3. Apparently we don't need help with the big man pitch :D
This is sales pitch I'm talking about...not fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member