C Zach Brown | Page 12 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think every UConn Center has introduced me to a name i have never heard of before..Thabeet, Okwandu, Nantumbu, Emeka, etc... I may have to pass on this guy simply because the name just doesn't fit our mold.

Well, our first title came with a guy from Texas named Jake at center. The name Zach Brown certainly fits with that.

Reaction Score
Uconn77Duke74 said:
I think every UConn Center has introduced me to a name i have never heard of before..Thabeet, Okwandu, Nantumbu, Emeka, etc... I may have to pass on this guy simply because the name just doesn't fit our mold.

At risk of being flayed, who was this Nantumbu fellow?

Reaction Score
When you look at 16 or 17 year old big man prospects, it is important to remember they are usually still growing into their bodies and getting (or regaining) their coordination. Often your knees get painful after big growth spurts and it's hard to move around (Osgood Schlatters) - it sucks, but it goes away with a little time. What you see and what you get in two years are often vastly different.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When you look at 16 or 17 year old big man prospects, it is important to remember they are usually still growing into their bodies and getting (or regaining) their coordination. Often your knees get painful after big growth spurts and it's hard to move around (Osgood Schlatters) - it sucks, but it goes away with a little time. What you see and what you get in two years are often vastly different.
You wrote that you personally experienced this condition if I recall correctly. I would also imagine that his lungs need some time to catch up in the growth department.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Middle school was hell for me, and I only grew to 6'2". I can't imagine how much that must bother those kids that end up 7 ft.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine adding this beast to the 2016 class? It would be freeking unbelievable!!
To bad We Are DOOMED!!!!

He's 2017, unless there is talk of a reclass that I'm not aware of. Either way, 2016 or 2017 he'd be an awesome get.

Reaction Score
This kid is a future beast. And, imagine how much better he'll get working out with Enoch and Drummond.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Oz confirming what Bruce stated earlier. Visit coming with possible good news after. He said only way we don't get him is "if we don't want him, he's all. UCONN"
His grades or conditioning would have to be pretty bad (hypothetically) for us to not want a 5 star recruit that Kentucky has offered. Oz also mentioned that his head coach in AAU is a piece of work.

Reaction Score
I am getting a little too excited right now, with the Durham commit coming out of left field and all these very strong words about Brown, I'm finding it hard to push it out of my brain. Every time my phone vibrates this weekend I will be hoping its the BR app letting me know that "2017 5star C Z. Brown has selected UConn over evvverybody and their momma"

Reaction Score
Found this article on him - apology if it's already been posted. This kid really turned his life around. Who better to have as his adviser in college than KO?

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/star-re...m-poverty-and-the-family-that-helped-save-him

KO would be the perfect role model for this Zach, and he seems like he could be a great leader in his own right. I really hope the smoke around him coming to us is true, because I'd love to have him. Either way, he is a kid I can root for no matter where he goes. It is absolutely great to hear about someone turning their life around from the worst of poverty and being successful by staying disciplined and working towards a goal.

Reaction Score
Found this article on him - apology if it's already been posted. This kid really turned his life around. Who better to have as his adviser in college than KO?

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/star-re...m-poverty-and-the-family-that-helped-save-him
Wow great read, I hope that the comment about wanting to play somewhere that doesn't centralize everything on the guards wasn't about us.

I think that on his visit, they need to attempt to get Caron Butler in town to talk about turning your life around and what a great family and community UConn provides. I know this guy loves his adopted father, but 15 years from now he might be calling up KO on father's day.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Wow great read, I hope that the comment about wanting to play somewhere that doesn't centralize everything on the guards wasn't about us.

I think that on his visit, they need to attempt to get Caron Butler in town to talk about turning your life around and what a great family and community UConn provides. I know this guy loves his adopted father, but 15 years from now he might be calling up KO on father's day.
I doubt it's about us. In all fairness, when is the last time UConn has had a true post scorer? They've run a very guard oriented scheme because that's what they've had to work with. KO is a good coach and will know how to utilize what he's got. Not that the bigs we've had haven't been useful or good players, but we haven't had a true back to the basket player in awhile.

Great point about Caron. KO could very well become a father figure to this kid. Keeping fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom