At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
sanogoandclingan.jpg

Reaction Score
Do you think Hurley and his staff are clowns for already utilizing what you call the "double-big nonsense" in two separate games so far?

They have spent 3:35 on the court together. Good for 0.8% of our play time. No I do not think they are clowns. Because double big is not even remotely close to a part of our rotation.

Is this seriously the best you could come up with man?

Reaction Score
They have spent 3:35 on the court together. Good for 0.8% of our play time. No I do not think they are clowns. Because double big is not even remotely close to a part of our rotation.

Is this seriously the best you could come up with man?
That's literally what people have suggested and you called them clowns.

People suggested very limited, specific situations; so why do you pretend as if anyone said we should "drastically change our lineup"?

Reaction Score

People suggested very limited, specific situations; so why do you pretend as if anyone said we should "drastically change our lineup"?
Some people are suggesting testing it in very limited samples which is fine, even if it's stupid. But there are also people suggesting that Donovan needs 25 minutes a game. That's a drastic change to our rotations and means at a minimum 10 minutes per game of a Donovan Clingan and Adama Sanogo lineup. That is insane

Reaction Score
Some people are suggesting testing it in very limited samples which is fine, even if it's stupid. But there are also people suggesting that Donovan needs 25 minutes a game. That's a drastic change to our rotations and means at a minimum 10 minutes per game of a Donovan Clingan and Adama Sanogo lineup. That is insane
So why not quote/reply to those people instead of calling anyone who suggested Hurley (continue to) do what he's already done, "clowns"?

Reaction Score

Why are we going in circles here? As I told you in my original response to you... those aren't the folks I'm referring to. I'm referring to the people who think we should be starting and playing double-bigs substantial minutes and have been calling for that in thread after thread after thread on this tired topic.

I'm done with this conversation until you actually start responding to what I wrote instead of this weird, imaginary hill you've decided I'm dying on. You sound like a crazy person, or maybe you're just too lazy to read the content of my post. Either way, toodeloo.

Reaction Score
Andrew Hurley has been on the court longer than that. Hell, he's been on the court longer with at least one other deep bench player. Anyone who suggested that he—or that combo—has been part of our rotation would be laughed off the board.

This idea is obviously dumb to anyone who has watched basketball at the highest levels in the last decade.

Reaction Score

This is the post I originally responded to:

Uh….you haven’t been watching much? Hurley has already experimented with this. Sanaogo, Clingan, Hawkins, Karaban, and Newton. I have watched several instances where the game was close when the coaches tried this and opposing teams were clueless on how to defend it. It really opens things up for Karaban and Hawkins. They can’t double team anybody.

I am still 100% confident this statement is a hot load of crap. This thread has been relatively tame as far as calling for more time with double-bigs. I responded to this post because it was the one that was hilariously detached from reality.

The people calling for double-bigs for a couple minutes a game are not so wrong, even though it probably isn't going to happen. People suggesting that we somehow would have better spacing with Adama at the 4, or (in other threads) that we should play the two bigs extended minutes together are living in a Wonderland that the Mad Hatter would have a hell of a time in.

Now I really am done with whatever 'Yard argument you're trying to participate in here unless you actually start arguing in good faith.

Reaction Score

I am still 100% confident this statement is a hot load of crap. This thread has been relatively tame as far as calling for more time with double-bigs. I responded to this post because it was the one that was hilariously detached from reality.

The people calling for double-bigs for a couple minutes a game are not so wrong, even though it probably isn't going to happen. People suggesting that we somehow would have better spacing with Adama at the 4, or (in other threads) that we should play the two bigs extended minutes together are living in a Wonderland that the Mad Hatter would have a hell of a time in.

Now I really am done with whatever 'Yard argument you're trying to participate in here unless you actually start arguing in good faith.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Giving dislikes to video evidence of Sanogo and Clingan on the court at the same time while lecturing others about "good faith"?

Aubrey Plaza Ok GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

Reaction Score
It is not.

See Post #15 in this thread to understand why my posts were made in good faith.

Reaction Score
It is not.

See Post #15 in this thread to understand why my posts were made in good faith.

Ahh I see, I forgot about my first post. I was thinking it was the one where I responded later to CONN saying ridiculous things.

I still wouldn't call it a good faith argument when you're continuing to ignore the fact that I'm referring to the not unsubstantial portion of this board calling for double-bigs as a part of our lineups.

Are you going to acknowledge that? If not, we're back to square one: toodeloo.

Reaction Score
Giving dislikes to video evidence of Sanogo and Clingan on the court at the same time while lecturing others about "good faith"?

Aubrey Plaza Ok GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

You're embarassing yourself. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by disliking your post :(

@tzznandrew is going to need to take over here. I'm losing BBIQ just thinking about the low-effort bs you're spewing.

Reaction Score
For everyone else:

Double-bigs is so rarely a part of our lineups it's not even worth thinking about. Whether or not that's good basketball is beside the point. The two bigs have effectively played together for 1, maybe 2 possessions at a time because of foul trouble and injuries (Johnson) in all but 1 6 possession stint a month ago.

Reaction Score
Just for kicks for one game, I'd love to see a lineup of Sanogo, Clingan, Samson Johnson (when healthy), Andre Jackson and Tristan Newton just to see how ridiculous the rebounding differential and block numbers would be.

Reaction Score
Just for kicks for one game, I'd love to see a lineup of Sanogo, Clingan, Samson Johnson (when healthy), Andre Jackson and Tristan Newton just to see how ridiculous the rebounding differential and block numbers would be.
Maybe less than you think because they'd all foul out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom