At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together?

Reaction Score
We are constantly working very hard on ways to get better even though we are undefeated, no one on that team is resting right now, multiple Players and coach have said after LIU that we haven't even approached playing our "best" yet. They know this, and they will keep working, on a million things that need tightening up, and I'm sure the Sanogo DC floor time together gets a glance at times, but not much. You know why?

Because it is frickin' insane.
Well, what if we put sanogo on clingan's shoulders.

Reaction Score
We are constantly working very hard on ways to get better even though we are undefeated, no one on that team is resting right now, multiple Players and coach have said after LIU that we haven't even approached playing our "best" yet. They know this, and they will keep working on a million things that need tightening up, and I'm sure the Sanogo DC floor time together gets a glance at times, but not much. You know why?

Because it is frickin' insane.

But being insane doesn't make it bad. It would be a sight to behold.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
But being insane doesn't make it bad. It would be a sight to behold.

Paint a mental picture in your head like I do when I need to rub one out.

I wouldn't mind seeing it briefly for the novelty, but my loins stir more at the thought of trophies. And to accomplish that we tighten up the direction we are already headed.

Reaction Score
All you have to do is look at Purdue who was in the same situation last year with Trevion Williams and Zach Edey who were both dominating. They both averaged around 20 minutes a game and played 9 possessions together the whole season

Reaction Score
Haven't we already? Didn't they play together very briefly one game?
Yes, we've already seen it.

And I think they answer is yes, in very specific situations, it can be successful. But by very specific. Maybe only a few times for a few minutes. Later in the season.

If they're practicing it now. They must be, if Hurley already rolled it out once. imagine how teams will respond if we're successful at times using it in the tournament against other big physical teams.

Sanogo has soon and improved ability to defend the "dribble drive" this year without fouling. Which would leave DC to defend the paint.

Reaction Score
mighty-ducks-fist-bump.gif

Reaction Score
All you have to do is look at Purdue who was in the same situation last year with Trevion Williams and Zach Edey who were both dominating. They both averaged around 20 minutes a game and played 9 possessions together the whole season
Yep, two seasons in a row with this approach and they lost first round in the NCAA's and then lost to the Peacocks in the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score

There’s a few more threads out there too similar & filled with thoughts on this question
And more similar threads to come

Reaction Score

Were Williams and Edey on the floor together when Purdue won the championship?

I can't imagine not trying it in a home game against a team with a big you think you can beat anyway. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, and I wouldn't push change too hard on this team the way it's playing. But, would I like to have the two-big in my quiver on a day when we can't hit an outside shot, or need them both on the floor for Defense, or have injuries/foul trouble for Karaban and AJ? Yes. They are both so damn good I really can't see not at least giving it a look as a way to get them up to 45 to 48 combined minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You've got to admit playing zone with a line up of AS, DC, SJ, JH, & AJ would be intriguing.

Reaction Score
I think they can easily try this against Georgetown at home next week. Put Donovan on Wahab and Adama on Akok for a handful of minutes. Georgetown uses the two of them together about 35% of the time and that at least gives Danny a sample without really sacrificing rotations.

Reaction Score
Plan A-- Keep doin' what you're doin'.. It's working.. You're 11-0 ..Top 3
Plan B-- Tweak what you're doin' if it appears like it's not working- Minor adjustments-- Not needed at this time
Plan C--Make some personnel adjustments because its not working.. Not needed at this time
Plan D-- Creative problem solving and personnel combinations.. Overthinking .. AS/DC tandem.. Not needed at this time.

Plan A seems to be working pretty good.. Ride that wave to the beach

Reaction Score
That's what we need. Nine possessions of Clingan and Sanogo together. Sign me up!

Sanogo feeding Clingan in the post.

Reaction Score
That's what we need. Nine possessions of Clingan and Sanogo together. Sign me up!

Sanogo feeding Clingan in the post.
Missed opportunity for you. We already got the 9 possessions in OOC play, I think it was the BU game

Reaction Score
I could see Hurley showing this near the end of the season, if for no other reason than to give other teams something else to have to gameplan for. Of course, what could a game plan for that possibly be?
I'm not sure why people want this. The only reason I could see to do this is if the other team you were playing had two legit bigs. How many of those are there?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You've got to admit playing zone with a line up of AS, DC, SJ, JH, & AJ would be intriguing.
Maybe. Or maybe you’ve been possessed by Jim Boeheim

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom