At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together? | The Boneyard

At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together?

Reaction Score
I could see Hurley showing this near the end of the season, if for no other reason than to give other teams something else to have to gameplan for. Of course, what could a game plan for that possibly be?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I could see Hurley showing this near the end of the season, if for no other reason than to give other teams something else to have to gameplan for. Of course, what could a game plan for that possibly be?
LOL. Suggested something similar. Watch out for the pigeons!

Reaction Score
I will say Yes. At some point, we will find ourselves in a tight game or trailing where we need to find alternative ways to manufacture offense. Optimally, we aren’t forced into this tactic but rather find this becoming a wrinkle in the overall offensive game plan.

I think it’s crucial to get Samson back into the flow because the flexibility he will provide at the 4 will allow the staff to tweak/experiment with a lineup such as this.

Reaction Score

There’s a few more threads out there too similar & filled with thoughts on this question

Reaction Score
I got annihilated in another thread I started about this.

Seems like the tides have turned a bit considering how well DC has played.

I think there are very few circumstances where this is necessary. Outside of Purdue, or other teams with 2 bigs.

It seems DC and Sanogo have been capable of holding their own on the floor. Which id prefer, even if it means our starting lineup is slightly less formidable.

Reaction Score
My guess is that DH/staff would have/will have experimented in practice-scrimmages with that duo.. Not a lot of time spent on it but more of a curiosity--How do they look together if we ever needed it for a short duration scenario? Both are space eaters so the other three guys on the floor with them would have to be cognizant of that. I would think that DH would not want to show them together too often in live games before using

Who/what game scenario where it could be used? FF game vs Purdue-Zach Edey

Reaction Score
I doubt it because if its something Hurley wanted to try, I figure he would have tried to for a few minutes against these lower level teams we had several games against.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I don't think Sanogo would want to give up the low post on offense. DC would probably be great in the high post. Entry passes to him would be easy and he could feed Sanogo. It's on defense that there is an issue. The opponent would have to play two bigs that both are not quick slasher types. Then it would work.

Reaction Score
We've got the best team in the country right now playing them staggered, we're machine gunning high level opponents, DC is coming in and annihilating the other team's backup bigs, we can survive foul trouble from AS and frequently get the other team's bigs in foul trouble, and the team's chemistry is off the charts.

Why would we play them together? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This was a goofy idea when it was introduced a few months ago and the calls for it after what we've seen the two of them do not playing together absolutely baffles me.

Reaction Score
I would love to see it just to look at our sheer size on the court at once. But we don’t exactly have a backup center, and once Samson Johnson comes back I would think it makes more sense to have Johnson and either Clingan/Sanogo on the court for a big lineup as opposed to Clingan and Sanogo with Johnson acting as a backup center for a rotation.

Best shot at seeing it I think would be a set play at the end of a half, though I’m no coach in any way and most of you know basketball more than me, there’s probably better options you can run at that time.

Reaction Score
We saw it in Portland, so it’s not completely off the table, ideally no.

Clingan will have games where he gets 10 minutes which is more impactful then you think, a 5 minute stretch in the 1st half and a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Offense: 6th in the country.
Defense: 4th in the country.
Rank: 3rd in the AP, 1st on all of the internet rankings, 1st on NET.
Team: Undefeated by double-digits every single game.
Boneyard: Let's drastically change our rotations and playstyle.

It's a good thing Hurley, Kimani, Tom, and Luke are coaching and not this board.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't see the point/need to do that? Being able to switch back and forth between Sanogo and Clingan is such a luxury that there is no reason to mess with it.
Very few of us are suggesting this should be the backbone of team play. It’s a potential wrinkle that could be employed in certain situations only. For instance end of close games where neither player is in foul trouble and against an opponent that is physically tall and having it’s way on the interior against us.

Reaction Score
Would like to see DC get up to 20 minutes plus a game however that happens.

Reaction Score
This again? Haha, I do get the impulse since they are 2 of our 5 best players.

They actually got a few minutes of run together vs. Oregon. The Ducks were playing big and Karaban needed a rest. The offense functioned a lot differently with both of them out there. With the lane clogged we relied more on the 3 and O-rebs

When Karaban is on the bench, I prefer lineups with Jackson at 4. But if the Newton Hawkins and Calcaterra are lights out, and the opponent goes big, I can see a few minutes sprinkled in

Reaction Score
This offense/defense is predicated on 4 out.

No reason to impose our will on any other team when we keep running through them as is.

Bench depth is what wins you games and championships. DC coming off the bench is a world of hurt for opponents. There's no way to gameplan for that. A fresh Sanogo or fresh DC isn't fair for other teams who will have bigs playing 10-15 more minutes a night or picking up fouls.

Reaction Score
This question keeps coming up because the two of them are so talented, it's hard to see their minutes only add up to 40. Personally, I don't see a good way to make it work, but there are smarter basketball minds than me that may be able to come up with something that works in certain situations.

The one thing you DON'T do, is to say "we're undefeated, don't mess with things." Don't ever be satisfied with where you are. Every player and coach needs to be working their ass off every day to get better, not satisfied with being #1 in the country or currently undefeated.

Reaction Score
Cling Kong and Godnogo
1670947514489.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This question keeps coming up because the two of them are so talented, it's hard to see their minutes only add up to 40. Personally, I don't see a good way to make it work, but there are smarter basketball minds than me that may be able to come up with something that works in certain situations.

The one thing you DON'T do, is to say "we're undefeated, don't mess with things." Don't ever be satisfied with where you are. Every player and coach needs to be working their ass off every day to get better, not satisfied with being #1 in the country or currently undefeated.

We are constantly working very hard on ways to get better even though we are undefeated, no one on that team is resting right now, multiple Players and coach have said after LIU that we haven't even approached playing our "best" yet. They know this, and they will keep working on a million things that need tightening up, and I'm sure the Sanogo DC floor time together gets a glance at times, but not much. You know why?

Because it is frickin' insane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom