At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together?

Reaction Score
I could see Hurley showing this near the end of the season, if for no other reason than to give other teams something else to have to gameplan for. Of course, what could a game plan for that possibly be?
Uh….you haven’t been watching much? Hurley has already experimented with this. Sanaogo, Clingan, Hawkins, Karaban, and Newton. I have watched several instances where the game was close when the coaches tried this and opposing teams were clueless on how to defend it. It really opens things up for Karaban and Hawkins. They can’t double team anybody.

Reaction Score
Uh….you haven’t been watching much? Hurley has already experimented with this. Sanaogo, Clingan, Hawkins, Karaban, and Newton. I have watched several instances where the game was close when the coaches tried this and opposing teams were clueless on how to defend it. It really opens things up for Karaban and Hawkins. They can’t double team anybody.
Sanogo and Clingan sharing the court has literally happened for a grand total of 3 minutes and 35 seconds this season in only two games: Boston University and Oregon. Would love to know of the other instances outside of those two games that you are referring to.

Reaction Score
I think your memory is failing you a bit.

Reaction Score
Sanogo and Clingan sharing the court has literally happened for a grand total of 3 minutes and 35 seconds this season in only two games: Boston University and Oregon. Would love to know of the other instances outside of those two games that you are referring to.
You are “literally” wrong!!! Check out Florida, and Iowa State. Even in the LIU game they were briefly on the court together.

Reaction Score
All you have to do is look at Purdue who was in the same situation last year with Trevion Williams and Zach Edey who were both dominating. They both averaged around 20 minutes a game and played 9 possessions together the whole season

The main difference is that Purdue was clearly better with Edey.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how many on here have forgotten our two most recent national title teams.

What I want to see (at all times) is two ball handlers (either Jackson and whoever is on the court as PG or two PG's).

We have sufficient evidence that (from many teams in many tournaments over the years) that worrying too much about height can be a recipe for disaster.
The Harrison twins offer their concurrence.........

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Was it against Creighton where Sanogo missed bunny after bunny?

Nova in 2nd half of BET. We had a real shot at gaining separation up 3-4 points early in 2nd half , got a bunch of stops in a row and got Adama some really solid looks every trip, and just missed 'em.

Reaction Score
Nova in 2nd half of BET. We had a real shot at gaining separation up 3-4 points early in 2nd half , got a bunch of stops in a row and got Adama some really solid looks every trip, and just missed 'em.
That was brutal, if he just makes layups that game we would've opened the game up and won.

Some people say it was his finger bothering him but everyone is dinged up at the end of the season. He looked like he ran out of gas, I don't see that happening this season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That was brutal, if he just makes layups that game we would've opened the game up and won.

Some people say it was his finger bothering him but everyone is dinged up at the end of the season. He looked like he ran out of gas, I don't see that happening this season.

Yeah he definitely was tired at end of season last year. He is such a high motor guy I really like that DC gives him significant blows.

Reaction Score

And clearly exacerbated by chasing around Samuels and their lefty. Which would be far more common at the 4.

Reaction Score

I'm thinking you aren't watching games very much. Like TCF said... 3 minutes and 35 seconds. They've played something like 1 or 2 possession at a time in 2 games this year. Give me a break man. I have yet to understand why people who watch games on TV (and in your case... apparently not) think they know better than our coaching staff. The measure of success in basketball is wins and losses. We haven't lost yet. Take a seat.

Having Sanogo and Clingan on the floor is not good for spacing. It's TERRIBLE for spacing. I'm not sure you understand how basketball works. If Clingan or Sanogo is on the floor, opposing defenders are planting themselves in the pain. NO ONE has spacing when that happens. It gets even worse if Andre is in the game.

Let's not forget that Sanogo trying to guard 6'6 power forwards is a recipe for disaster on defense too. Opposing coaches will salivate at the mouth if he's guarding their perimeter players. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.

Let me say what I said in other threads:

Offense: #7 in the country.
Defense: #4 in the country.
Freshman: Outplaying their ranking by a country mile.
AP ranking: #3.
Computer ranking: #1 on every site.
Boneyard: We must drastically change our rotations and style of play. Our coaches clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
At some point do we see Sanogo and Clingan on the floor together?

Warm-ups? Handshake line?
Until the discussion evolved to mention that 3:35 of dual play has already occurred, this comment had sent me in a different ditection...

I thought of Clark Kent and Superman never having been seen together, and wondered if possibly Sanogo & Clingan are the same person.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Until the discussion evolved to mention that 3:35 of dual play has already occurred, this comment had sent me in a different ditection...

I thought of Clark Kent and Superman never having been seen together, and wondered if possibly Sanogo & Clingan are the same person.
Naahh!

For that to be the case, one of them would have to wear glasses.

Reaction Score
Boneyard: We must drastically change our rotations and style of play. Our coaches clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Let's review...

I could see Hurley showing this near the end of the season, if for no other reason than to give other teams something else to have to gameplan for.

I will say Yes. At some point, we will find ourselves in a tight game or trailing where we need to find alternative ways to manufacture offense. Optimally, we aren’t forced into this tactic but rather find this becoming a wrinkle in the overall offensive game plan.

I think there are very few circumstances where this is necessary.

And I think they answer is yes, in very specific situations, it can be successful. But by very specific. Maybe only a few times for a few minutes. Later in the season.

Want to rethink this statement?

Reaction Score

You're going to need to review about 20 threads on this exact same topic if ypu really want to make the point you think you're making here. And that's considering I have half the clowns who spew this double-big nonsense on ignore.

Good effort though. It's supper annoying to have to quote multiple posts at once.

Reaction Score
Let's review...

Why the personal attack on 429? lol.
I think we all recognize the offensive sets are flowing beautifully at the moment, especially with DC and AS spelling each other.
I also think we all recognize we'd like to find 20-25mpg for Clingan and that's the only way how.
Both can be true.

If anyone thinks they're smarter than the coaching staff on rotations, I encourage you to dislike this message.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think Sanogo would want to give up the low post on offense. DC would probably be great in the high post. Entry passes to him would be easy and he could feed Sanogo. It's on defense that there is an issue. The opponent would have to play two bigs that both are not quick slasher types. Then it would work.
If they did do this I’d think that Sanogo should work the high post with his newfound 3 point shot and ability to put the ball on the floor. Plus DC is a lob threat. If Sanogo could pass the ball better… it’d actually be pretty helpful to have DC out there on offense.

Reaction Score
Why the personal attack on 429? lol.
I think we all recognize the offensive sets are flowing beautifully at the moment, especially with DC and AS spelling each other.
I also think we all recognize we'd like to find 20-25mpg for Clingan and that's the only way how.
Both can be true.

If anyone thinks they're smarter than the coaching staff on rotations, I encourage you to dislike this message.
Personal attack???

He responded to posters who said they'd like to see the two on the floor very briefly in specific circumstances, and accused this entire place of wanting to drastically change the lineup.

I simply called out his strawman for what it was.

Reaction Score
You're going to need to review about 20 threads on this exact same topic if ypu really want to make the point you think you're making here. And that's considering I have half the clowns who spew this double-big nonsense on ignore.

Good effort though. It's supper annoying to have to quote multiple posts at once.

Do you think Hurley and his staff are clowns for already utilizing what you call the "double-big nonsense" in two separate games so far?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom