Arkansas Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Arkansas was simply the better team tonight. I hate saying it, but they wanted it more. Piath has to develop faster, cuz O is not getting it done!
Mr. Pessimism here. Try Amari DeBerry's sophomore year at the very earliest.

Reaction Score
In all serious, what would have Anna done? She's shot the ball poor this entire season so far and her defense is lackluster at best. Anna has never showed up in a big game for us so far in her 2 years... just curious where you're going with that assessment
It would appear that we are going to totally disagree on her value. Anna is a solid passer and the ball moves well when she is in the game. She can shoot the 3 and attack the basket (maybe her leg injury has affected her shot lately). She is a 6'2" guard who rebounds well. Much needed tonight.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Geno needed to have one of our players, or rotate players face-guarding Dungee. Plus, if Paige looked for her shot in the first half we win the game. This game will prove to be teaching lesson for all, Geno too. I agree with the poster who said that he didn’t seem into coaching tonight. Freshman all looked good!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It might or might not be relevant, but this was our 11th game and Arkansas’s 18th. They are super experienced, score a lot, give up a lot and obviously are better at home. Second tough road game for us. The disappointment with our D and ONO is warranted. But it’s nice not to have whining about Nika.

Reaction Score
**Dungee is not a pro talent. She will have trouble making a roster, IMO. She is crafty, but that doesn't work in the pros.

**I'm convinced that all of Christyn's problems are between the ears. How does a guard, that's her caliber, and brick so many layups and miss that many FT's?
Than UConn has no pro-caliber players at all if that's what you think.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How do you help AE to not foul?
One thing she needs to do is put her head on a swivel. Many of her fouls she just runs over people she doesn't see, who are standing right in front of her. It's an easy foul to draw for a quick guard, and I will guarantee you that every team we face has scouted Aaliyah and knows she doesn't look up when she heads to the post.

Reaction Score
Watching Paige and Rina is still a great pleasure and I only wish we had those 3 seconds left to try to set up Paige or E properly. The coaching staff should take some responsibility as well and hopefully we will get stronger. DePaul does not look so easy now on their court.

Watch out for that incredible no back-to-back loss stat.

Reaction Score
Missed the game. Had a death in family unfortunately. Not sure I want to watch a replay........
Sorry to hear this! May they rest in peace.
Don't compound your stress by watching the game lol leave it for another night ?

Reaction Score
In all serious, what would have Anna done? She's shot the ball poor this entire season so far and her defense is lackluster at best. Anna has never showed up in a big game for us so far in her 2 years... just curious where you're going with that assessment
First, this nonsense that Anna’s defense is poor is laughable. I see more players scoring close in on Paige than Anna. Obviously, a leg injury has affected her game this season. Why does the best coach in the history of the wbb give her large minutes? As for not showing up in a big game, Anna is one of the main reasons UConn plays as a team. Oh, well, it is useless arguing with the Anna detractors. Let’s see—how poorly did she play in our loss?

Reaction Score
It would appear that we are going to totally disagree on her value. Anna is a solid passer and the ball moves well when she is in the game. She can shoot the 3 and attack the basket (maybe her leg injury has affected her shot lately). She is a 6'2" guard who rebounds well. Much needed tonight.
I hear you.. I don't see her being injury-free helping her guard any of those Arkansas guards. Anna struggles guarding quick players, don't think that would have changed or helped.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A tough loss...My question has been...do we know who we have and now we know a little better.

The team defense is not good enough to compete at the highest level
It's an area in which we either improve...or struggle against good offensive teams.

I also noted earlier that we have a lot of talent in addition to our upperclassmen...at that point not considering Evina...today, after
Christyn's wonderful 1st quarter, the upperclassmen didn't show up much. Perhaps Geno's right...If Olivia doesn't show up, its hard for this team to win...

The youngsters all had important moments and fought hard...Nika will be a player, Mir will be a player, If Aaliyah would have stayed in the game, it might have been enough, Paige was Paige and Mama played well...

If one peruses the box score, there's not much to see...we had a few more rebounds, but their "O" boards really helped them...

There were just passive moments, where we were outplayed and didn't respond defensively, with heart and conviction, or on the boards...They were confident and ready...didn't collapse this time...and their scorers, scored.

I'm never a fan of losing...good loss or all that bull...but the sense of entitlement worried me...At least that balloon is punctured.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm, when was the last time UCONN lost to a team ranked (or unranked) out of the top 10?

St. John's in 2011-2012?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The Bottom Line: At this time, Uconn is not a #3 team!
The problem is, at this point, no one is! There's Louisville and then a lot of teams with question marks. At least UConn has an obviously likely positive trajectory with the growth of the frosh. I tend to agree with those who think a loss now will help the team later - this was a wakeup call, and we'll see if they respond.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I hear you.. I don't see her being injury-free helping her guard any of those Arkansas guards. Anna struggles guarding quick players, don't think that would have changed or helped.
While Mir played well, woulda been interesting to try Anna as that 5th guard.

Reaction Score
I love Aaliyah. I know there are a lot of comments about her propensity to commit a lot of silly fouls, which is true.

That said I’ll take her natural aggression every day of the week. I don’t believe you can teach that, she simply has it. Once she learns the college game a little better, understand her own strength better, and learns how to use her body more effectively her game is going to take off.

I’ll roll with it now so later she’s that much further ahead.
I agree with this completely. I really think Aaliyah needs to find the line between playing aggressive and fouling out. She will get there eventually. I was very disappointed in the loss (obviously) but I need to keep reminding myself that this team is extremely young and all the freshman have kinks to work out. On the positive, this will be a good learning experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom