Arkansas Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IDC WHAT ANY OTHER BY'ER SAYS IT'S TIME TO BENCH LIV FOR AALIYAH
That’s absolutely nuts! Neither player gave us a 100 percent effort tonight. Obviously wasn’t a game for the Bigs. Especially when your perimeter players didn’t play well defensively

If anything use AE and ONO together and make one of the Arkansas guards have to play against a big in the post.

Reaction Score
Idc what any other BY'er says Geno needs to bench Liv and play Edwards. Aaliyah is so foul prone but hell give Mir those minutes. She was very effective. Liv smh she has soooo much potential, will it ever show ?!
Mir showed out!!!!! Loved that for her. She's an extremely passionate player. Can't wait for her to expand her range and get more minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Idc what any other BY'er says Geno needs to bench Liv and play Edwards. Aaliyah is so foul prone but hell give Mir those minutes. She was very effective. Liv smh she has soooo much potential, will it ever show ?!
It's tough to play Aaliyah when you only get 15 minutes from her before she fouls out of the game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That was not a shot clock violation. Sorry. CW pulled the bonehead play by dribbling and not calling a TO. That play was all on CW.

Hand was still on the ball. CW badly messed up, but missing that with replay is inexcusable. Those 2 who reviewed it should be fired. That was abysmal.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A few random thoughts...

Liv - do some soul searching. Inexcusable performance against a team with no size.

Christyn - just stop with the 3 point shooting. If you miss the first 2, do NOT take any more. Focus on driving and being aggressive. WE committed 10 more fouls than they did. Drive into the teeth of the defense and force them to foul you. Then again, maybe that's a bad idea since she shot 2-5 from the FT line

Paige - you want to win big games like this, you can't wait till the 4th quarter to show up

Evina - you are AWESOME

Nika - nice step up for her

Mir and Liya - 9 points and 9 fouls. We committed 10 more fouls than Arkansas did. Can't stay on the floor if you are in foul trouble.

Great effort by Arkansas. Dungee showed why she's an AA. Paige showed why she should be considered.

For all the talent this team has, Geno needs to figure out how to get more out of them. How many top 10 recruits does Arkansas have? How many do we have? I'm disappointed but not surprised.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Some good and some okay and some terrible for UConn, but that Chelsea Dungee was just phenomenal tonight . She was everywhere and did everything. Talk about willing her team to a win. We can learn from this if Geno stops pouting. I know this is a tough year, but it is tough for everyone.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Arkansas was simply the better team tonight. I hate saying it, but they wanted it more. Piath has to develop faster, cuz O is not getting it done!
Please explain. Does that sports cliché define the reason Arkansas won, really?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Losing this game can be looked back as a major growth step for our team. Lost by 3 to a ranked team on the road that played darn near perfect (for them). Nika and Mir came in and really did well. I'm not going to cry about this. It was a really good exciting game. That's what everybody wants , right?

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Arkansas game:
  • UConn shoots 59% in the first half and heads to the locker room with a 2-pt lead. At that point I knew UConn was in trouble. Arkansas is one tough team to play against, and Dungee belongs in the pros, although I’m not crazy about that flying chicken-wing of hers.
  • Every time UConn threw the ball into the post, Arkansas swarmed all over it, generally neutralizing UConn’s size advantage.
  • Pleased with Nika’s minutes off the bench. She didn’t try to do too much or play too fast, and she knocked down several key shots.
  • I guess we’re back to playing with another 5’11” center?
  • Paige and Evina both came up big tonight, but it wasn't enough
  • I know there will be criticism about players, coaching strategy, etc., but the simple truth is that Arkansas was a better team than UConn tonight. They shot it well, took better care of the ball, played tough team defense, boxed out and hit the boards. They earned the W.
**Dungee is not a pro talent. She will have trouble making a roster, IMO. She is crafty, but that doesn't work in the pros.

**I'm convinced that all of Christyn's problems are between the ears. How does a guard, that's her caliber, and brick so many layups and miss that many FT's?

Reaction Score
1) HORRIBLE GAMES FROM BOTH ONO AND GRIFFIN (and you know how much of a Griffin Fan I am). Both are obviously in Geno's Chateau De Bow Wow
2) For UCONN to do some damage in the BIG DANCE, this team needs "COMPLETE" games from both Olivia and Aubrey. This team CANNOT rely on "Paige to the Rescue" each game.
3) Good Contributions from both Nika Muhl and Aalyiah Edwards off the bench
4) Probably the best minutes Mir McLean has put in all year
5) Solid games from CW and EW, but just not enough to take them to a win
6) and lastly - it did not look like Geno was into coaching this game, based upon his body language on the sidelines

Reaction Score
Much could be written about tonight's game but I was most disappointed in Williams. As one of the more experienced players, expected more consistency. It seemed the closer the game was, the more she tightened up. I believe she missed her last 3 foul shots and all outside shots the second half. For Paige, the game slowed down. For Williams, seemed like it was going by her at 100 miles per hour. One or two shots and a few foul shots and we won.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Paige,Evina, and Nika. We should start A. Edwards and keep her in until she fouls out. Let Liv play in the Big East but not in big games. Totally non existent. C.Will's shooting percentage abysmal. Not sure why so much man to man? Of course we could see this coming but hoped it wouldn't happen. On to Depaul

Reaction Score
First...Arkansas is a heck of a team. With guards like that, they’ll do well in the tournament. I hope people don’t get too low on the team for this loss. Facing a team with a guard duo like that would be extremely difficult for any young team to beat. I actually really liked the team. I know Dungee got a lot of the talk for good reason, but Ramirez was great too..and appears to have a through the roof basketball IQ. They’re a top 10 team, despite the losses they have.

second..I had to smile at four freshman getting us back into this thing.

I just love Mir. Nika is going to be a solid player by March.

I said it before today, but Edwards will need to be our best player by March. Signs that ONO was still going to struggle in big games were always there .. We could have a twin towers situation and that would probably help her some..but there needs to be a focus on getting Edwards more time.

felt like Williams wasn’t mentally with the game - probably given it’s a home coming.

I can’t say enough about Paige. I started watching UConn the 2002 season, spoiled with the Sue and Diana backcourt. For about 20 years I haven’t seen a player who I would put in the same category as a young Diana - until now. Somehow this girl has the best attributes of the best backcourt of all time. Unsurprisingly, she’s having the same argument with Geno that they had - shoot the ball more. My guess is, like Sue and Diana, Paige will never shoot as much as Geno wants her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom