April Recruiting Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Back to recruiting. Thoughts? If this news ( Cunningham down to 2 Pac schools) does UCONN pivot to Del Rosario '23 or look towards '24 (Thomas or Kovall) for a true post player. I'd pivot to Del Rosario and pick up Riley Stack and Booker/Kitts to complete the 23 class.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Back to recruiting. Thoughts? If this news ( Cunningham down to 2 Pac schools) does UCONN pivot to Del Rosario '23 or look towards '24 (Thomas or Kovall) for a true post player. I'd pivot to Del Rosario and pick up Riley Stack and Booker/Kitts to complete the 23 class.
What are our chances with any of those kids (not that you are psychic - @Carnac maybe...)

It seemed like a lot of mutual interest in Del Rosario, but then seemed like that fell way off when she moved to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I think Auriemma has known for some time that Cunningham wasn't leaving the west coast so I'm sure he's been working on what he wants to do about posts. I'm surprised Stack hasn't committed to SC yet and I'm not as high on Del Rosario as some are. While prioritizing Olson in '24, I'd definitely want at least one of Booker/Kitts which is probably all I'd get if any. And I'd probably take ADR if she wanted to come.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What are our chances with any of those kids (not that you are psychic - @Carnac maybe...)

It seemed like a lot of mutual interest in Del Rosario, but then seemed like that fell way off when she moved to Tennessee.
Of all the kids I mentioned Booker is the only one that is for sure holding a UCONN offer. I liked our chances with her last summer than I do right now because before she went to USA basketball she called Geno for advice. She also reportedly called Nikki McCray so I was thinking UCONN was in good shape but lately she been snuggling up to and has visited TN. I like Kitts a lot but I fear UCONN might just be too late in getting in on her.

Reaction Score
I suspect Jada Williams, Cunningham, and NIL will play a big part in Watkins' choice. I'll say she'll stay home at UCLA and be the hometown hero. EXCLUSIVE: Klutch signs Sierra Canyon star Juju Watkins as first female athlete client
Saw Watkins and Randolph about an hour or so ago. I wanted to ask them so badly but I didn’t want to be the old creepy guy.lol I did speak to a UCLA commit on the boy side but he had no info regarding the ladies. Just said they had lots of offers.

Reaction Score
Of all the kids I mentioned Booker is the only one that is for sure holding a UCONN offer. I liked our chances with her last summer than I do right now because before she went to USA basketball she called Geno for advice. She also reportedly called Nikki McCray so I was thinking UCONN was in good shape but lately she been snuggling up to and has visited TN. I like Kitts a lot but I fear UCONN might just be too late in getting in on her.
I hear ya. To get more than just Shade and Arnold might take some scrambling. Unless another surprise comes out of left field.

Reaction Score
I think that’s why the new interest in Avery Treadwell comes in. I feel Geno knew all along Cunningham wasn’t leaving the West Coast.

Reaction Score
… Tiny Green the most respected of all basketball trainers in NJ will never turn down a player if they don't have the means to pay... he's trained hundreds of players that have gone on to play college ball...
Does Tiny have a bias against Geno, like speculated re: Philly Belles/Rise guy, Kevin Lynch? See my Post #37 from JBC Thread (Ice & Ayanna on TV), re: Justine Pissott dated PT piece wherein he counsels her not to go to a school b/c coach may not be there by time she is a senior.

Wary of Klutch as corrupting agent, in both meanings. Don’t like their M.O. vis-a-vis pro clients. Egregious example is Ben Simmons.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
Does Tiny have a bias against Geno, like speculated re: Philly Belles/Rise guy, Kevin Lynch? See my Post #37 from JBC Thread (Ice & Ayanna on TV), re: Justine Pissott dated PT piece wherein he counsels her not to go to a school b/c coach may not be there by time she is a senior.

Wary of Klutch as corrupting agent, in both meanings. Don’t like their M.O. vis-a-vis pro clients. Egregious example is Ben Simmons.
I don’t think we ever even looked at Pissott although I wish we had.

Reaction Score
She's an AA can you specify overmatched ?
I only watched the one McD game and she was really good on O. Did she play D or stop anyone from scoring? I didn’t think so. But in games like that with so little teamwork it’s hard to make a judgment. Though I did see Ayanna and Ice play some good D even in that context. I wonder what Pissot’s D was like in regular games.

Reaction Score
Pissot appeared to me to be completely overmatched in the all star games.
I mean that’s easy when comparing next to the bodies of Ice Ayanna Barker etc… but I thought her jump shooting ability was second to none out there and she made some tough contested ones in both the McDonald’s and Jordan games.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I only watched the one McD game and she was really good on O. Did she play D or stop anyone from scoring? I didn’t think so. But in games like that with so little teamwork it’s hard to make a judgment. Though I did see Ayanna and Ice play some good D even in that context. I wonder what Pissot’s D was like in regular games.
One should never judge a player's ability based on a McD or any all-star game, imo . Usually, there is very little defense played.

Reaction Score
I watched both AS games. Pissott’s impressive positional length, movement for size, & shooting really stood out. She can also handle well for a wing.

Caused me to research her recruiting. See my Post #37 from JBC Thread (Ice & Ayanna on TV), incl dated PT article with pic of her in UConn garb.

Reaction Score
So she's overmatched because you watched her play in a game full of all American's in which she was as well ? She's a long guard who has range out the gym. Every player on the team agreed the best shooter was Pissott so i would not be shocked to see her crack the line up over there sooner than later.

Reaction Score

My hunch is that Ms. Del Rosario "moved" to Tennessee for the basketball experinece/polishing. 'You can
take the girl out of The Garden State, ... but you can't take the Garden State out of the girl!" So... I 'll keep
her on my short wish list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc