April Recruiting Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So she's overmatched because you watched her play in a game full of all American's in which she was as well ? She's a long guard who has range out the gym. Every player on the team agreed the best shooter was Pissott so i would not be shocked to see her crack the line up over there sooner than later.
Huh? I'm not the one who said she's overmatched. I said we couldn't really judge her from such a game. I liked Pissot even in that game and wished we'd been able to get her. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Does Tiny have a bias against Geno, like speculated re: Philly Belles/Rise guy, Kevin Lynch? See my Post #37 from JBC Thread (Ice & Ayanna on TV), re: Justine Pissott dated PT piece wherein he counsels her not to go to a school b/c coach may not be there by time she is a senior.

Wary of Klutch as corrupting agent, in both meanings. Don’t like their M.O. vis-a-vis pro clients. Egregious example is Ben Simmons.
I've known Tiny for a long time now...........from what I have observed he has the greatest respect for Geno and the UConn program.........He is always looking out for his kid's long term interests and is always warning the kids that college ball is a business and coaches can always leave for a better job so you better like the school and the players and don't just fall under the spell of the coach...... I've watched Pissott grow up from a skinny little kid into a 6'2" assassin and was hoping she might get an offer from UConn........

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed some parts of both games but Pissot did not appear to be someone who was going to get much PT at Uconn. Apparently Geno agreed.

Reaction Score
Should be of note that coach Valley and ‘23 prospect Laila Hull have recently followed one another.

Reaction Score
she's somewhat similar to Ducharme, only quicker.......
Pissot is 6'4 with legit Guard skills and Forward ability's. She wont be banging it up in the post but leave her open you will pay every time. Her handle is above average for someone her size. There's a reason she was MCD AA along with getting the Team USA invite.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Should be of note that coach Valley and ‘23 prospect Laila Hull have recently followed one another.

Thanks.

Hull is ranked 57th at ESPN. She's a 6-1 forward who averaged 20 points and 9.5 rebounds this year in Indiana. She faced Ashlynn Shade this past season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Prospect Nations Hemingway's analysis of Laila Hull:

Hull is an exceptionally talented forward who has all the tools to be playing the game at a high level for years to come. The touch on her jump shot combined with her ability to get to the rim is impressive. Her versatility is what many coaches will be looking for in a combo-forward who can snag double digit rebounds nightly while also scoring buckets from all over the shot chart. One small detail that Hull can improve upon is catching with her knees bent and ready to attack while facing the basket. – Coach Hemi

Reaction Score
Pissot is 6'4 with legit Guard skills and Forward ability's. She wont be banging it up in the post but leave her open you will pay every time. Her handle is above average for someone her size. There's a reason she was MCD AA along with getting the Team USA invite.
I though Ms. Justine Pissott was a verbal commit to U of Tennessee?

Reaction Score
Might be an indication of UConn’s chances with Booker and/or Kitts.

Reaction Score
I find it strange that a 6‘4“ big doesn’t like to mix it up down low when you have the likes of Evina Westbrook playing the post or Caroline Ducharme at 6‘2“ boxing out like a crazy person. I guess it’s just want to and many of them just don’t want to. Being able to rebound has made Caroline a Swiss army knife type of player giving her That much more potential playing time. This year’s national championship game was the perfect example of dominant rebounding.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Might be an indication of UConn’s chances with Booker and/or Kitts.

That thought had entered my mind, but more Booker and Sahara Williams.

Two new 23's suddenly pop up and it makes you take notice.

I will say I like what I've seen from Treadwell and Hull, small sample as it is.

Reaction Score

I will say I like what I've seen from Treadwell and Hull, small sample as it is.
Yeah, I forgot about S. Williams. It got my attention because UConn doesn’t throw a lot of offers out within a position in the same class. It’s slightly late in the ‘23 cycle for new interest in kids if that’s what this is.

Reaction Score
Video from last fall:

Not bad at all. I’d like to see some of her shooting range. Getting these types of shots against bigger, stronger D1 kids will be tough if most of her game is inside at 6-1.

Reaction Score
I find it strange that a 6‘4“ big doesn’t like to mix it up down low when you have the likes of Evina Westbrook playing the post or Caroline Ducharme at 6‘2“ boxing out like a crazy person. I guess it’s just want to and many of them just don’t want to. Being able to rebound has made Caroline a Swiss army knife type of player giving her That much more potential playing time. This year’s national championship game was the perfect example of dominant rebounding.
I haven't seen her in person in a couple of years but as far as I know she's still about 6'2".........

Reaction Score

Yea in a way I was both discouraged and encouraged by these new players of interest. Concerned that maybe it means we are long-shots at one more top 10 recruit for 2023, but encouraged that these seem like decent plan B options if we are out of the running on our primary targets. My best hope is that we still have a shot at the top dogs, and are not yet offering these prospects, but letting them know depending on what happens with others we could be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom