April Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Was very impressed with Chloe Kitts in her nationally televised game Friday. Skilled, competitive, and quick. A tiny bit raw in places around the edges, but that'll be worked out in time.

Sluconn This young player would look exceptional in a national flag blue uni. Pls keep posting more of her highlights if you come across them.

Reaction Score
How does Chloe Kitts compare with Madison Booker as 2023 long wing player profile target?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How does Chloe Kitts compare with Madison Booker as 2023 long wing player profile target?
Very comparable offensive players as big wings that stretch the defense ,handles to get to the rack and can facilitate your offense in a pinch. Booker is a gifted passer and more of versatile defensive dawg with the ability to lock down any positions from 1-4. Kitts will excel in the transition up tempo type game and has great length which she utilizes very well both defensively and offensively-very much like Caroline Ducharme does in getting her shot off in traffic over defenders. Kitts motor is what first jumped out at me. @Purchase1 has thrown out Emily Engstler as a comparison for Kitts-I agree with that. I would throw out Victoria Vivians as a comparison for Booker. If you twisted my arm and I had to pick one of the two I would pick Booker because I'm partial to defense.

Reaction Score
Very comparable offensive players as big wings that stretch the defense ,handles to get to the rack and can facilitate your offense in a pinch. Booker is a gifted passer and more of versatile defensive dawg with the ability to lock down any positions from 1-4. Kitts will excel in the transition up tempo type game and has great length which she utilizes very well both defensively and offensively-very much like Caroline Ducharme does in getting her shot off in traffic over defenders. Kitts motor is what first jumped out at me. @Purchase1 has thrown out Emily Engstler as a comparison for Kitts-I agree with that. I would throw out Victoria Vivians as a comparison for Booker. If you twisted my arm and I had to pick one of the two I would pick Booker because I'm partial to defense.
I have to agree with you here on Booker. I also like Kitts' offensive style. Kind of fearless, gets downhill and will go at anyone. Wasn't scared of Barker at all. Has a lot of confidence in her handle and has a quick release on her shot. But man, is she skinny. Makes Bueckers look almost rugged. And speaking of PB, did you notice that Kitts had the same exact hair braid thing going?

Reaction Score
I have to agree with you here on Booker. I also like Kitts' offensive style. Kind of fearless, gets downhill and will go at anyone. Wasn't scared of Barker at all. Has a lot of confidence in her handle and has a quick release on her shot. But man, is she skinny. Makes Bueckers look almost rugged. And speaking of PB, did you notice that Kitts had the same exact hair braid thing going?
Booker also plays with a bit of nasty which UConn can always use........

Reaction Score
Yes she does and I like it. Wish I could be more optimistic about UConn's chances with her.
I'm unclear about UConn's chances with a bunch of the remaining 2023 recruits never mind 2024...........:(

Reaction Score
How will this weekend help us in recruiting out of curiosity. Anyone have any feelings on this?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kennedy Smith ('24) the IE player of the year:

Despite being smaller when compared to most elite post players in high school, that’s who she was matched up with most often. Twice in the playoffs, Smith faced 6-2 Juju Watkins of Sierra Canyon. In the CIF-SS championship game, Smith had just four points and three fouls in the first half, but scored 15 points after halftime and did not foul out.

“She’s always stepped up to the challenge against bigger players,” Delus said. “She’s 6-foot These are 6-3, 6-4 players and she’s able to play at an extremely high level.

Delus sees Smith as making more progress next year.

“I think this next year she’ll look to be more perimeter-oriented, off the dribble attacking,” Delus said. “And continue to improve her outside jump shot, of course.”

Reaction Score
Very casual wbb fan, how’s the recruiting outlook for the next few years?

Reaction Score
Well, she makes a big deal about playing for a female coach.
I've mentioned that before........others here have pointed out that UConn has three female coaches working with Geno..........no way to know if that will meet her comfort level.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom