All-time Husky Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

All-time Husky Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The time in between has been excruciating.

I also wonder if we should have set some post minimums to play. We'd lose some good guys, but at least we would know there were no fly-by-nighters, and it might speed the game up.

That's basically a shot at me. I had a name on the old scout forum and have been visiting, if not posting, for about 10 years now.

Anyways took me a little while to decide between a couple of people. I submitted my pick though.

Reaction Score
That's basically a shot at me. I had a name on the old scout forum and have been visiting, if not posting, for about 10 years now.

Anyways took me a little while to decide between a couple of people. I submitted my pick though.
No it isn't. The other draft had a guy not even pick.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's interesting to see the differences between the two drafts. Thank goodness we're at least on the turn!

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how round 2 plays out, who they guy who took Thabeet gets, etc. The "dominant" players are basically all gone, but still a lot of quality available, so now it will be fun to analyze the next couple rounds.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how round 2 plays out, who they guy who took Thabeet gets, etc. The "dominant" players are basically all gone, but still a lot of quality available, so now it will be fun to analyze the next couple rounds.

My personal "draft board" only goes about 30 deep. We're picking 56 guys. Everyone is going to have a few role players alongside the stars. Some creativity will be in order come the later rounds.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Love the Caron pick on the turn by NYC. Didn't think he'd fall to be this round seeing how I picked second but I loved him! Once again, interesting to see the two different drafts

Reaction Score
How are old timey players being weighted in this? Is more credence being given to the numbers they put up or how they'd fare in a modern setting?

Also, has anyone checked if there would be a way to computer simulate these games as well? Like on a site like whatifsports or anywhere else?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Was really hoping Uncle Cliff would fall to me at 15. Dammit.

Reaction Score
Was really hoping Uncle Cliff would fall to me at 15. Dammit.

That's how I felt about Chris Smith.

My draft board doesn't look much better than my bracket did. Cross-outs and strike-throughs all over the place.

Reaction Score

My draft board doesn't look much better than my bracket did. Cross-outs and strike-throughs all over the place.
I don't envy you. You made (IMO) the right number 1 pick, but waiting then 14 picks is brutal. Just between 4 and 13 I've had a couple of strikethroughs. It's rough.

Reaction Score

I really wanted Caron and probably would have taken Ben too. Clearly just going to have a spacing/shooting team here.

The draft space gaps are really going to get brutal starting next round.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I really wanted Caron and probably would have taken Ben too. Clearly just going to have a spacing/shooting team here.
Also my plan. I understand why picking Donyell No. 2 was against conventional wisdom, but with him at stretch 4 my team will be unguardable. As great as he was back then, with the modern understanding of spacing and how to create it, he'd be even more highly valued today.

Reaction Score
Also my plan. I understand why picking Donyell No. 2 was against conventional wisdom, but with him at stretch 4 my team will be unguardable. As great as he was back then, with the modern understanding of spacing and how to create it, he'd be even more highly valued today.

I had the option to take him but if I'm going to build a shooting team and Rays there I gotta take him. Took me a solid couple hours to decide between the 2 of them though.

Reaction Score
Sorry I took a little longer than usual; I was in a meeting at work when my turn came up again. (Hopefully champs can post my picks soon and we can continue the 3rd round.)

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Anybody see UCFBfan around? He's been on the clock for over 15 hours.
Sorry. Is there a way to get notifications to my e-mail that I got a message? I don't need one every time some responds to posts, just when I get a DM. Just curious. I'm in the process of buying a house while packing up our condo so I'm in and out a lot this week. Sorry for the delays.

Reaction Score
Sorry. Is there a way to get notifications to my e-mail that I got a message? I don't need one every time some responds to posts, just when I get a DM. Just curious. I'm in the process of buying a house while packing up our condo so I'm in and out a lot this week. Sorry for the delays.

No worries. I'm not exactly sure in regards to email notifications, but I think you can - ask jleves or another moderator, they'll probably know.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't be a bad idea for anyone who might be too busy to check regularly to PM champs a queue of guys in the order they'd draft them to be taken with their picks.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If it continues at this pace, you will be able to get Purvis and Daniel Hamilton in the late rounds.... Pick it the %#@* up! You're ruining something that should be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom