A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So, if Wilson goes somewhere else she's irrational? Nice.

No, not exactly, not name-calling.

Saying It's not a rational decision is different from she's something or another.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Why do you say that ?

i suppose a case can be made, could have been made…that the University of North Carolina is a prestigious institution of learning.
Now?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i suppose a case can be made, could have been made…that the University of North Carolina is a prestigious institution of learning.
Now?
it's a rumor. Sheeesh.....can we wait until Wednesday?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now?

I guess its still prestigious..... as long as your arent an athlete.

Reaction Score
Now?
I don't know if it's that prestigious. Duke certainly is if we're talking about North Carolina schools. The U.S. News Best Colleges ranking has it not a whole lot better than say Penn State.

Reaction Score
Elena Delle Donne officially left UConn in August of 2008. UConn has won four national championships since then.

I will never, ever worry about Geno and recruiting again. I suggest the rest of you don't either.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate, because we do need to add a some depth down low, but I am sure Geno and the coaches will find one in the 2015 class - hopefully Kalani Brown will fill that void.
That's who I'm hoping for. I think her Dad would like it too.

Reaction Score
Elena Delle Donne officially left UConn in August of 2008. UConn has won four national championships since then.

I will never, ever worry about Geno and recruiting again. I suggest the rest of you don't either.

Couldn't agree more and I have said this in the past and I will say it now IF{a big IF I know} UConn is able to get Brown in next years class they will be better off.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Diamond DeShields - #1 in her class
A'ja Wilson - #1 in her class

Two back to back number ones usually leads to a national championship...I would say if A'ja commits to North Carolina there is a good chance that North Carolina will win a national championship before June of 2017.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that prestigious. Duke certainly is if we're talking about North Carolina schools. The U.S. News Best Colleges ranking has it not a whole lot better than say Penn State.

Oh ok.... I wouldnt know. I havent read that report since 1989. So im a bit out of touch as to what schools are prestigious these days. I assume the same schools that were when i was a young lad, are still at that level today.

Two back to back number ones usually leads to a national championship...I would say if A'ja commits to North Carolina there is a good chance that North Carolina will win a national championship before June of 2017.

If thats the case.... I might want to think about moving out of NC before then :oops:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Well, it's only one back to back.....lol.

But I know what you meant.

And I believe you left off the third #1 you need. Coaching staff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We just had freshmen shooting guard that was required to be a pt guard named Hartley and a freshman center named Dolson get us to Final Fours and complete a 90 game win streak!!!! It'll be more fun winning- more coaching involved!!!!
Have NO FEAR!!!!! We'll be Rolly Massamino's old Villanova team and win championships!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but in addition to Stef and Bria, both of whom became great players, we also had Tiffany Hayes, Kelly Faris, and the great Maya Moore.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Listen it doesn't matter how many HS AA's they have. Just look at Tenn. Tenn have proven with a team stacked with HS AA talent, and playing a weak schedule that they cant make the elite 8. UNC is on the could be on the same path. All that talent with no defense and you will never win a NC. UConn continues to prove its all about defense not offense. UConn continues to prove its about playing as a team unit and not individuals. UConn continues to win because they continue to play team ball.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Not next year, though. UConn's pair of #1's, aka Kaleena and Breanna, will be tough to beat.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Not next year, though. UConn's pair of #1's, aka Kaleena and Breanna, will be tough to beat.

Agreed:
Next Year
Kaleena vs Diamond - even possibly a slight edge to Diamond
Breanna vs A'ja Wlison - major advantage Breanna
Moriah vs Grey - even, possibly slight edge to Moriah
Tuck vs Mavunga - If Tuck is healthy even
Stokes vs Xlina McDaniel - slight advantage McDaniel

Bench North Carolina loaded; UConn Chong, Banks, 4 freshman...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's who I'm hoping for. I think her Dad would like it too.
1234847_4742323896292_131205232_n.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed:
Next Year
Kaleena vs Diamond - even possibly a slight edge to Diamond
Breanna vs A'ja Wlison - major advantage Breanna
Moriah vs Grey - even, possibly slight edge to Moriah
Tuck vs Mavunga - If Tuck is healthy even
Stokes vs Xlina McDaniel - slight advantage McDaniel

Bench North Carolina loaded; UConn Chong, Banks, 4 freshman...

KML is better than Diamond right now (and next year). Maybe Diamond will be better by senior year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but in addition to Stef and Bria, both of whom became great players, we also had Tiffany Hayes, Kelly Faris, and the great Maya Moore.
MilfordHusky- exactly, and our incoming freshman will have Stewie, KML & Moriah, and Stokes, and Banks, and hopefully a very healthy Morgan Tuck by tournament time.--- Let me ask you---- which team would you rather have starting the following season. Now we have a seasoned point guard--- we are way ahead of that incoming group. And that group was great!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm excited about our team next yr with or without Aja. If these ladies are as talented as they appear---- Banks will be 100% and fully back.
We are losing two greats, bringing in 4 young talents. Maybe we will be able to press and sub our guards all game, and with the athleticism and length of Stewie and Tuck- we may be able to do some things differently and just as effective as we always are. I couldn't be more excited--- Embrace the change. I like the fact that the rest of the country can't say- we get every best player we want all the time!!!!
We may better off! Victories will be sweeter! No Fear!!!!!!!! No Worries!!!!!! Let's enjoy it for now- This is what Geno makes the big bucks for!!!! We'll let him worry!!!!!

Reaction Score

cferraro04- - That might be true at most colleges but we're talking NoCar here! Possibly the worst coaching staff in the nation! If you don't count CVS and Rutgers! Sylvia cannot take that much talent to a Final 4 let alone a National Championship! As I've said many times before, this will be the most athletic WCBB team that NEVER makes a FF! That is WITH A'ja Wilson or without! At NoCar she HAS TO play the 5, to fit the talent already there!
If A'ja is telling the truth about being a 2 or 3 not a 5, all she has to look at is Breanna Stewart at 6'4" and how Geno uses her talent to see how he'd use A'ja at 6'5"! The reality and truth is, no where else is Miss Wilson going to be the best she can be than at UCONN! And that includes any other school than the 3 she's named, NoCar, SoCar, & TN! Stanford, Duke, TX AM, ND, Baylor, L'ville, MD, KY, Et Al! So if she truly wants to be the best she has 1 obvious choice, The University of Connecticut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom