A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
MEH, I say. Meh. UNC? Fine. Learn nothing in four years and defer to Deshields for three.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
If true, it would be a big mistake for Ms. Wilson (from a purely bball perspective) IMHO - if her desire to be developed to her optimal potential is true, as she has stated publicly. Post players require the most time and attention to develop fully and I'm unaware of how many post players and potential future Olympians Ms. DeShields has coached to date? ;)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
She says to the post player: OK you stand under the basket and catch it and put it in if you can, meanwhile we guards all run and gun. And whoever has the best chance, gets the basket. Got it? OK. Let's PLAY!!!

HGN

Reaction Score
In another week all the speculation will be over and we all can move on......Whatever choice the young lady makes we will wish her the best I am sure.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I think Tony's thinking is probably along these lines:

Extreme success sometimes requires not letting reality get in the way of achievement. If we were all "realistic", then nothing outside the box would ever happen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm waiting until the 16th. If the rumor is true, UNC would have a very talented and athletic team. Would Diamond share the ball and the spotlight, though?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
No green or orange in her uniform would suit me fine. I'm hoping for a fine show on the 16th. Surprise us all...I am taking my talents to College Park for all I care. Maybe announce she is going pro in Europe until she is eligible for the WNBA. Whatever her choice, let her be sure of it. No one wants her to commit to a place and then realize she wanted to be near home all along. Something like that could cost you two championships.

Still on an emotional roller coaster from the last 24hrs. BleedBlue!

Reaction Score
If it is NoCar she will join the most athletic class never going to the Final Four in WCBB history! Sylvia Hatchell and her staff of no nothings will make sure they run fast and have 100 turnovers per game! What a waste! To wait all this time and she throws 4 years away! I could have understood SoCar. now that they won the SEC regular season and were a #1 seed, but to take this long and then chose NoCar.? I'll wait for the official party!

Reaction Score
I'm waiting until the 16th. If the rumor is true, UNC would have a very talented and athletic team. Would Diamond share the ball and the spotlight, though?
Diamond has a tendency at times to not want her teamates to outdo her. Lebron is her favorite player but she more like Kobe, more Angel than she is Maya. UNC had games in which the post players took only 4-6 shots per game and they wtre frustrated. Xylina had to go to the perimeter to take some shots. Throw A'ja in the mix with those volume shooters/scorers whose knows what's going to happen.

Reaction Score
Oh well. You would have to think that the door is now wide open for next years class for someone like Kalani Brown.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please, folks, do NOT speculate on motivation or draw conclusions about A'ja's personality, ego, etc. The rules specifically prohibit harmful speculation and, besides, it's juvenile to trash a 17 year old kid because you're disappointed she's not going to be a Husky.

GG

Reaction Score
IMHO, NC bball is painful to watch. NC teams seem to lack the fundamentals. If that is where she would like to go to school, I wish her the best (except when they are playing UCONN).

Reaction Score
I wondered while watching the National CHampionship game if Wilson was listening to Doris Burke talk about how Stewie just signed her LOI on the hood of a car? It was definitely a jab////

Reaction Score
If A'ja's choice was going to be someone other then South Carolina it makes perfect sense why she is waiting so long to commit.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If A'ja's choice was going to be someone other then South Carolina it makes perfect sense why she is waiting so long to commit.
Especially, if it is across the state line.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Diamond has a tendency at times to not want her teamates to outdo her. Lebron is her favorite player but she more like Kobe, more Angel than she is Maya. UNC had games in which the post players took only 4-6 shots per game and they wtre frustrated. Xylina had to go to the perimeter to take some shots. Throw A'ja in the mix with those volume shooters/scorers whose knows what's going to happen.
Well we had heard at some points Ms Wilson wanted to be a perimeter player anyway......

Wherever she chooses just hope she has a great college experience. I feel she's been going somewhere else for awhile. Late commits don't usually choose UCONN. If they are in for UCONN, they are IN for UCONN.

Although if she chooses other than UCONN, I hope she doesn't win a NC. ;)

Reaction Score
Some of you people sound like the ESPN experts who were picking everybody UCONN played....let it go
NOBODY , NOBODY, KNOWS, Just wait till 16th Also there looks like a lot of moles that want this board to
look BAD, like it's UCONN Talking.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member