ACC expansion | Page 14 | The Boneyard

ACC expansion

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
SEC is licking its chops as it accumulates advantage after advantage. Now it is geography and travel (time and expense) for players, families, and fans.

The SEC is the only grownup in the room.

The biggest hole in FSU’s tantrum is that the SEC doesn’t need them and they never panic.

I think they will just sit and wait for UNC and UVa to become available and then take their shot.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone was seriously worried about that.
There's too many schools who would have nowhere to go if the GOR was destroyed. It's the only lifeline that most of the ACC schools have to hang onto a P conference. We all know who those schools are.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
They won't.

They'd take Hawaii over us. They'd take a community college in Guam over us. It's obvious they still hate us.
I know they won't. I was joking of course. CCSU might be offered before us.

Reaction Score
I know they won't. I was joking of course. CCSU might be offered before us.
Why I would like CCSU get an offer is that they could then take over the Rent and we can build an on-campus stadium! Then, we get into B12 or B10!!

Reaction Score
There's too many schools who would have nowhere to go if the GOR was destroyed. It's the only lifeline that most of the ACC schools have to hang onto a P conference. We all know who those schools are.
If the B1G/SEC became really aggressive, I could see 8 getting taken.

Virginia, VT, UNC, NC State, Clemson, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame & (hold onto your hats): Duke!

If they became aggressive, I could see 8 teams dissolving the GOR.

Reaction Score
Lol, so the acc took two teams the b12 didn't want after the b12 took the teams the b10 didn't want. Acc literally a 3rd rate conference, they solidified that.

Sec, b10
B12
Acc

Reaction Score
Wrong, The ACC will now be receiving extra money to appease their top teams, so they win. ESPN wins by maintaining control over college football and ensuring the PAC will no longer be a power conference, they like playing God.
From a conference perspective, it brings nothing. Staving off destruction that everyone seems to think will happen regardless, narrowing marginally what is a large $ gap and adding two west coast teams with struggling football and a handicapped school that makes BC and Wake look like titans. It does nothing to keep the big schools from leaving, likely speeding their exit because of unsustainable travel. I’m sure BC will be thrilled to send their baseball team to the Bay Area.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wrong. Apple is going to pay the Big East 20 mil per school next contract. If not more.

I will say one thing about our current predicament. If I could pick one ally and one enemy out of every company in the entire world right now, I would pick Apple as an ally and ESPN as an enemy. Even Disney thinks ESPN is a zombie business model that needs to be shot. Iger practically throws up in his mouth every time he talks about ESPN in an interview. I would have to think hard about a major company whose business model is more fudged than ESPN's is right now.

So we have ESPN as an enemy. Now the Big East just needs to make Apple our friend. Amazon would do if Apple says no.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
SMU is the ACC and Uconn is in the Patriot League or w/e conference you guys are in right now.
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We can all be tired of it, but he is usually correct.
He's also usually an asshat about it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SMU is the ACC and Uconn is in the Patriot League or w/e conference you guys are in right now.
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network
Hey Kobe quick question, if Mick Cronin has shown himself to be a final four level coach once he left Cincinnati, do we think it was an university issue that caused him to be one and done while he was at Cincinnati?

Reaction Score
Lol, so the acc took two teams the b12 didn't want after the b12 took the teams the b10 didn't want. Acc literally a 3rd rate conference, they solidified that.

Sec, b10
B12
Acc

The ACC would have not touched Central Florida or BYU, so it evens out.

I do think the news about ESPN not restructuring the contract unless the ACC goes under 15 is big news. If the ACC even with FSU/Clemson/UNC gone is making $10 m+ more when the BXII GOR expires (which given the ACC now is making what the Big XII will be making in 2028, seems accurate), I imagine the pressure will be on the four or so top B12 teams to move over.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Calford is a mole sent by the B1G to infiltrate the ACC and take it down. Once inside, Stanford and Berkeley will help to dissolve the ACC from the inside. In return, Cal and Stanford get a B1G invite along with UVA, UNC etc. UNC voted no just to appear innocent. The end had to be nigh for the ACC because the Cal schools are signing the same lousy GOR that Clemson, FSU, and freaking Louisville signed. SMU goes along because it will be tied to the ACC remnants rather than C-USA 2.0. Brilliant!

devious.gif

Reaction Score
Most of the original American members are now P5. It's just UConn and the rift raft that are out now. :(
Makes you think. What if we stayed in the American, got Mora or someone like him earlier, and got Hurley sooner? Could we have won the recent national championship in BB and also had been recruited for the B12 or the ACC like many of our former conference mates?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hey Kobe quick question, if Mick Cronin has shown himself to be a final four level coach once he left Cincinnati, do we think it was an university issue that caused him to be one and done while he was at Cincinnati?
Gangnam Style Dancing GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom