2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Wow! This kid is a problem at MLB. I'm a bit shocked at how little offers he has.

he's visited NC State and Penn State already, and said he'd love to play in his home state although he hasn't received an offer from either school yet. Yes, he hasn't received the offers but the ACC and BIG schools have him on their radar.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am guessing his size could be the question mark for the ACC & B1G schools. Can't teach a motor like he has though so sign him up UConn. Kid is not afraid of contact that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I am guessing his size could be the question mark for the ACC & B1G schools. Can't teach a motor like he has though so sign him up UConn. Kid is not afraid of contact that's for sure.

I don't watch much tape, but I see an undersized guy who is very slippery and has that Luke Keuchly "heat-seeking missile" skill/style of play diagnosis. Obviously, this is a highlight reel, but majority of the time it seems his first move is the correct one; not fooled by much. If he is actually too small for MLB, slim him down and plug him in at Strong Safety.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
he's visited NC State and Penn State already, and said he'd love to play in his home state although he hasn't received an offer from either school yet. Yes, he hasn't received the offers but the ACC and BIG schools have him on their radar.

He has a Wake Forest offer.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Gilmartin lists UConn and Army as standing out. Coincedentally enough, he visited both schools recently.

http://www.scout.com/college/hawaii/story/1566175-two-standing-out-for-gilmartin?s=342

Ryan Gilmartin, a 6-foot-1, 217-pound linebacker of Charlotte Christian School (NC) recently took visits to Army and UCONN and left very impressed by the two schools.

“Army was great," Gilmartin said. "I got a good feel for the campus and the (defensive coordinator) was able to show me around the place. I would say Army and UCONN are at the top probably. I could be a week away or four months it sort of just depends on what happens these next few days recruiting wise.”

Gilmartin’s other offers include Hawaii, Ohio, Toledo, Wake Forest, Charleston Southern, Coastal Carolina, Gardner-Webb, Holy Cross, Mercer and Youngstown State. He has also gained interest from Appalachian State, Ball State, Georgia Southern and North Carolina State.

Though Army and UCONN are standing out, he has held an offer from Hawaii since his sophomore season and has a good relationship with linebackers coach Kurt Gouveia that dates back to middle school.

“Pretty special,” Gilmartin said of his offer from Hawaii. “Coach Gouveia has known me for a while. He was my coach at FBU camp in 8th grade actually. One day after a practice my sophomore year he called my coach up and offered me.”

Two of his former teammates, linebacker Dalton Gouveia and defensive back Trey Linton, recently left for Hawaii as well.

“Staff is definitely moving in the right direction with the program,” Gilmartin added. “Two of my teammates just left for UH so they've both been trying to get me to go”

Gilmartin describes himself as a fast and physical linebacker with good play recognition and reaction. He is primarily being recruited at inside linebacker.

Reaction Score
Gilmartin lists UConn and Army as standing out. Coincedentally enough, he visited both schools recently.

http://www.scout.com/college/hawaii/story/1566175-two-standing-out-for-gilmartin?s=342

Ryan Gilmartin, a 6-foot-1, 217-pound linebacker of Charlotte Christian School (NC) recently took visits to Army and UCONN and left very impressed by the two schools.

“Army was great," Gilmartin said. "I got a good feel for the campus and the (defensive coordinator) was able to show me around the place. I would say Army and UCONN are at the top probably. I could be a week away or four months it sort of just depends on what happens these next few days recruiting wise.”

Gilmartin’s other offers include Hawaii, Ohio, Toledo, Wake Forest, Charleston Southern, Coastal Carolina, Gardner-Webb, Holy Cross, Mercer and Youngstown State. He has also gained interest from Appalachian State, Ball State, Georgia Southern and North Carolina State.

Though Army and UCONN are standing out, he has held an offer from Hawaii since his sophomore season and has a good relationship with linebackers coach Kurt Gouveia that dates back to middle school.

“Pretty special,” Gilmartin said of his offer from Hawaii. “Coach Gouveia has known me for a while. He was my coach at FBU camp in 8th grade actually. One day after a practice my sophomore year he called my coach up and offered me.”

Two of his former teammates, linebacker Dalton Gouveia and defensive back Trey Linton, recently left for Hawaii as well.

“Staff is definitely moving in the right direction with the program,” Gilmartin added. “Two of my teammates just left for UH so they've both been trying to get me to go”

Gilmartin describes himself as a fast and physical linebacker with good play recognition and reaction. He is primarily being recruited at inside linebacker.

From AK on TOS on RG's UConn visit:

>>It was stunning," he said on his overall impression of the visit, "I saw everything I wanted."<<

>>I got a chance to see the facilities and meet with Coach (Wayne) Lineburg, (Vincent) Brown, (Anthony) Poindexter and (Bob) Diaco…sat down with Diaco for about 40 minutes and discussed my future at the school and what to expect. Then we went to the film room and discussed their scheme for an hour or so. They told me they see me as a "Mike" or "Will" linebacker."<<

>>"I was thoroughly impressed. The campus is just the right size and the football facilities are second to none."<<

>>Another appeal at UConn was the background of the coaching staff, Gilmartin noted that, in addition to Diaco being a defensive-minded head coach, both Diaco and Brown played linebacker. He was very impressed by Coach Brown's NFL background as well, adding that "almost none" of the coaches at other schools have that level of experience.<<

>>After his visit, Gilmartin has UConn "At the very top (of his list) with a few others," though he wouldn't state who those others were. The trip to UConn will probably be his final visit for the summer, and he still has no timeline for when he will be making his decision.<<

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
If you were holding out hope that Lucas Niang would come here, this might want to give that up now:

From a TOS article

First impressions certainly count for Lucas Niang.

The athletic offensive tackle from New Canaan (Conn.) High School has Auburn among his top schools after visiting for the first time on Wednesday and Thursday.

Niang said Auburn and Boston College stand out.
"I didn't know a whole lot about the school ... but now that I've been here I really like the school and it's a lot higher up," Niang said.
In fact, Niang said Auburn was among two schools standing out to him right now.

"Definitely Auburn, Boston College," he said.

Niang, 6-foot-5 and 295 pounds, got a chance to tour Auburn's campus and facilities. Thursday morning, he worked under the tutelage of offensive line coach J.B. Grimes at a senior camp.

"He's definitely a good coach," Niang said. "At first, I didn't really know him. I didn't know what I was working with. But after today, I really learned a lot. He fixes all the little details and makes you a better athlete."

Niang plans to release an official top four or top five by the start of his senior season. He said Auburn has a good chance to be in that group.

Niang plans to return to Auburn this fall for a game. He plans to hold off on a decision until later in the process.

Next on Niang's schedule is trips to Miami, Oregon and TCU.

"I still have a lot more visits to do," he said.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
>>Another appeal at UConn was the background of the coaching staff, Gilmartin noted that, in addition to Diaco being a defensive-minded head coach, both Diaco and Brown played linebacker. He was very impressed by Coach Brown's NFL background as well, adding that "almost none" of the coaches at other schools have that level of experience.<<

Gouveia started for the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI as well as the Chargers team that got smoked by the 49ers. I guess he qualified his statement with an "almost none." Regardless, I hope he picks UConn. There are a lot of really good 6'-1" linebackers and he may very well be 6'-3" by the time he sees the game field.

Reaction Score
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that Niang's HS coach Lou Marinelli will let him even consider UCONN. BC is there because of his best buddy Pasqualoni's boy and a former CT HS Head Coaching peer of his..Steve Addazio. I've said it here before...Marinelli went from kissing Diaco's feet to losing his number the day he was hired at UCONN. The day UCONN sings a New Canaan to a LOI is the day Lou Marinelli isn't HC there anymore!!!

If you were holding out hope that Lucas Niang would come here, this might want to give that up now:

From a TOS article

First impressions certainly count for Lucas Niang.

The athletic offensive tackle from New Canaan (Conn.) High School has Auburn among his top schools after visiting for the first time on Wednesday and Thursday.

Niang said Auburn and Boston College stand out.
"I didn't know a whole lot about the school ... but now that I've been here I really like the school and it's a lot higher up," Niang said.
In fact, Niang said Auburn was among two schools standing out to him right now.

"Definitely Auburn, Boston College," he said.

Niang, 6-foot-5 and 295 pounds, got a chance to tour Auburn's campus and facilities. Thursday morning, he worked under the tutelage of offensive line coach J.B. Grimes at a senior camp.

"He's definitely a good coach," Niang said. "At first, I didn't really know him. I didn't know what I was working with. But after today, I really learned a lot. He fixes all the little details and makes you a better athlete."

Niang plans to release an official top four or top five by the start of his senior season. He said Auburn has a good chance to be in that group.

Niang plans to return to Auburn this fall for a game. He plans to hold off on a decision until later in the process.

Next on Niang's schedule is trips to Miami, Oregon and TCU.

"I still have a lot more visits to do," he said.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that Niang's HS coach Lou Marinelli will let him even consider UCONN. BC is there because of his best buddy Pasqualoni's boy and a former CT HS Head Coaching peer of his..Steve Addazio. I've said it here before...Marinelli went from kissing Diaco's feet to losing his number the day he was hired at UCONN. The day UCONN sings a New Canaan to a LOI is the day Lou Marinelli isn't HC there anymore!!!

You're probably right, FDNY. Or, maybe, we'll start winning and NC kids will start making their own decisions about which school is best for them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm afraid to "like" this post, so I'll just write that I agree with you.

Reaction Score
We sorely need to establish an identity whether it's on the offensive or defensive side of the ball to lure kids to the program. I've seen Cincy's program flourish in the almost 8 years since i transferred down here, and it's been thru numerous coaches. However, they have established themselves as a wide open offensive program that throws the ball early, often and downfield. Recognizing that they are not going to get many 5 or 4 star guys, they still go after them by recruiting them and build relationships with them, and it has paid dividends. Kiel the qb transferred in for this reason, and this week they got two former 4 star wr's out of lsu and va. It's a secondary market, but it seems to be a differentiating factor at the g5 level. If you're going to break thru, you have to get some studs. Hopefully, Bob D has a creative mind in pursuit of talent. Recruiting is a marathons and not a sprint.

Reaction Score
We sorely need to establish an identity whether it's on the offensive or defensive side of the ball to lure kids to the program. I've seen Cincy's program flourish in the almost 8 years since i transferred down here, and it's been thru numerous coaches. However, they have established themselves as a wide open offensive program that throws the ball early, often and downfield. Recognizing that they are not going to get many 5 or 4 star guys, they still go after them by recruiting them and build relationships with them, and it has paid dividends. Kiel the qb transferred in for this reason, and this week they got two former 4 star wr's out of lsu and va. It's a secondary market, but it seems to be a differentiating factor at the g5 level. If you're going to break thru, you have to get some studs. Hopefully, Bob D has a creative mind in pursuit of talent. Recruiting is a marathons and not a sprint.
Coach D was also able to land a 4* recruit from FSU, don't forget. I'm excited about Levenberry

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Taylor Edwards is being recruited as an OLB according to Aman Kidwai.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't watch much tape, but I see an undersized guy who is very slippery and has that Luke Keuchly "heat-seeking missile" skill/style of play diagnosis. Obviously, this is a highlight reel, but majority of the time it seems his first move is the correct one; not fooled by much. If he is actually too small for MLB, slim him down and plug him in at Strong Safety.

I completely agree - I see it exactly the same way about his size and his ability. He has an interesting upside, exactly the kind of kid that goes to a less school and plays all four years to rack up big statistics. I'd like to try him out at OLB, MLB and FS. Could be a great special teams player too.

Reaction Score
Gouveia started for the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI as well as the Chargers team that got smoked by the 49ers. I guess he qualified his statement with an "almost none." Regardless, I hope he picks UConn. There are a lot of really good 6'-1" linebackers and he may very well be 6'-3" by the time he sees the game field.

He probably means Brown's level of play, which was far above Gouveia. Brown was a Pro-Bowl level LB in his day, and he had a pretty good career.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He probably means Brown's level of play, which was far above Gouveia. Brown was a Pro-Bowl level LB in his day, and he had a pretty good career.

I understand that he is impressed with The Undertaker, but it seemed like ge thought no other program recruiting him had a coach with success in the NFL. Gouveia has two conference championships and one Super Bowl Ring and played significant parts on both teams. That is all I was pointing out. Regardless, i'd like this kid in National Flag Blue next fall.

Reaction Score
_CoyleEra019:46am via Twitter for iPhone
Uconn Camp

Tyler Coyle - WR/S from Windsor High School

CMAnderson2478:10am via TweetDeck
Windsor (CT) ATH Tyler Coyle (@_CoyleEra01) went from "unknown" to #WVU Camp MVP. Offer to follow?
(no link)

From the "all-day/all-week" site:

>>When Director of Player Personnel Ryan Dorchester called out the final MVP of the camp, there was a sense (from myself and a couple other recruiting analysts) of “who?” For Windsor (CT) athlete Tyler Coyle, he’s grown accustomed to that now, but was ready to show the coaches why he needed to be on their radar. “This is my first time down here. They didn’t know about me because I’m from Connecticut,” he said. “I just had to come down here and show them what I got.”

And what he had was a solid performance at safety and receiver. That earned him an MVP and some love from the coaching staff. “The coaches thought I did a great job,” said the 6-foot-2, 195-pounder. “I didn’t see what I did was so special today, but they thought I did a great job.”

Coyle says he is “sticking around” for the Showtime event, and that the coaches have told him he is high on their board going forward. In fact, he says that after a transcript check and a talk among the staff, an offer may not be far behind.

Coyle already holds offers from UMass, Rhode Island, Temple, and more. He is also hearing from Penn State, Boston College, and Maryland, among others.<<

Wanna bet his his "no star rating" changes in coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom