2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JayRU as a fellow RU fan why wait until AFTER the fact to spill the info?

Because I don't come here that much anymore?

I really didnt think we needed him and actually I wanted him to commit to UConn!! HCBD comes from my moms hometown area in NJ "W.Caldwell" and I know he's known as a recruiter..in my haste to give good news I reached...anyone can look good after he commited? BC AND RU were in a numbers crunch and RU wouldn't even take a commit from KJ but KJ said UConn/BC and later RU/BC??

Staff would have taken his commitment as a CB. Until he reclassified as an athlete and stated his intent to play CB as well Rutgers was going to pass. Again I will state this, when a kid has multiple P5 offers at WR and then decides to reclassify as an athlete that means something is up with his current offers.

Straighten out the real story? I'm no phony RU? Don't come after the commit and act like a prophet..put it out here...Was his BC offer commitable? Why play anybody along?

I have text messages from him saying he didn't know what BC was going to do and that he was waiting on the final word from them concerning his offer. Could he have been messing with us? Sure, I guess. But in the end it doesn't matter as Rutgers got Wright who they have much higher on their board at WR and they're in good with several CBs they have higher on the board.

Reaction Score
Because I don't come here that much anymore?

Staff would have taken his commitment as a CB. Until he reclassified as an athlete and stated his intent to play CB as well Rutgers was going to pass. Again I will state this, when a kid has multiple P5 offers at WR and then decides to reclassify as an athlete that means something is up with his current offers.

I have text messages from him saying he didn't know what BC was going to do and that he was waiting on the final word from them concerning his offer. Could he have been messing with us? Sure, I guess. But in the end it doesn't matter as Rutgers got Wright who they have much higher on their board at WR and they're in good with several CBs they have higher on the board.
OK JayRU....good enough. Actually you are a informed poster and figuring out whats in a kids mind is tricky to say the least. Keep coming back.

Reaction Score
To save time in the future:

WHALER,

You finished a bit short - I think you meant to say,

Every player that doesn't pick Rutgers. Rutgers didn't want.

Every player that doesn't pick BC didn't have a commitable offer (whatever that means).​

and if the kid selects UConn, he is a marginal regional recruit​

Reaction Score
I only trace info from 3 boards...RU's/SU's and here...a relative who lives in JC area who knows some SPP FB players told me friends said KJ was seriously thinking UConn and I checked the boards.. KJ delayed saying new things happened after I went to RU's and they claimed in a thread he was announcing Thursday afternoon and RU had no room so NO offer interest from RU and BC was hemming on him and KJ wasn't thinking SU...I went to the 247 Crystal ball and found 5 predictions..2 from RU INSIDERS saying UConn..I passed it here after I saw another who beat me saying UConn might get him and the legend grew...no need for a meltdown as he's a possesion WR and 5th DB...no biggie here...Today Isaiah Wright a BIGGER target for RU and number 2 player in Conn commited and made it 4/5 WRs who were rated higher/better than KJ.... SPPHS HC Hansen steers many to BC For Whatever Reason and I'd hoped HCBD would show his value and earn his bones by picking up a marginal regional recruit from his home state!?! No real mystery....Where was the 247 RU guy "JayRU" BEFORE the commit if he's so informed?? I put what I knew out there...did he until it was over?

Once again, Im not trying to beat a dead horse here, but can you provide a link or screen shot that shows the historical prediction feature that shows UConn as a predicted destination ? Others on here have said the same thing, but on 247, the site you keep quoting, the crystal ball feature never said UConn.

Also, and maybe this answers my first question, Im not sure if you are actually looking at 247 because KJ Gray is rated higher than all of Rutgers current committed WR's (Gray rated at 86(247) and .8457 (composite) vs Wright who is RU's highest rated WR who comes in at 82/.8363). I cant argue that Wright was a bigger target for them or not, as none of us know (not even this apparent RU insider), but once again, to say that Rutgers has 4/5 WRs ranked higher than Gray, is documented as wrong (per the 247 website).

Reaction Score
Once again, Im not trying to beat a dead horse here, but can you provide a link or screen shot that shows the historical prediction feature that shows UConn as a predicted destination ? Others on here have said the same thing, but on 247, the site you keep quoting, the crystal ball feature never said UConn.

Also, and maybe this answers my first question, Im not sure if you are actually looking at 247 because KJ Gray is rated higher than all of Rutgers current committed WR's (Gray rated at 86(247) and .8457 (composite) vs Wright who is RU's highest rated WR who comes in at 82/.8363). I cant argue that Wright was a bigger target for them or not, as none of us know (not even this apparent RU insider), but once again, to say that Rutgers has 4/5 WRs ranked higher than Gray, is documented as wrong (per the 247 website).
Definitely a dead horse....KJ is not his rating on any boards and certainly not RU's. Lets get off of this RU/BC stuff and find some good players right here.BTW I see you're a new poster here so welcome and don't rely on 247 too much...in my experience their willy nilly but ri vals ratings are usually the closest to accurate.

Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Jake Fuzak committed to Buffalo today.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Lukas Masterson has a UConn offer. 6'2" 195 lbs FS/SS from Naples, FL. Attends Gulf Coast H.S. Has offers from Iowa State, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, Yale, among others. He has had a UConn since May 16th at the latest, according to Scout.

Reaction Score
Man oh man, now that the 4th of July is over, here's hoping recruiting starts to pick up a little more, on the verbal commit side.. Would be nice to grab all the CT kids on our current offer list that are still available (Coleman, Rose, and longshot Niang)...

Reaction Score
two comments. The quality of the recruits this year seems higher graded by the recruiting blogs.

this year we have 5 recruits. Last year we had 12 at this point. food for thought

Reaction Score
two comments. The quality of the recruits this year seems higher graded by the recruiting blogs.

this year we have 5 recruits. Last year we had 12 at this point. food for thought

If we had 12 recruits at this point this year - we'd be nearly done as the class is only expected to be 13-15.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

Agree about the quality of our 2016 recruits so far. But remember that the class of 2015 had 22 recruits, while this year (class of 2016) there will be an estimated 13-15. So, we are about on par from a numbers standpoint, although I am getting a little impatient to see some more. It's been a couple of weeks since Herring's verbal.

Reaction Score
there will be more than 13-15 recruits bro.. believe you me.. Attrition is always in the equation but never counted until it actually happens.. I'm convinced we'll end up with in the high teens, maybe even 20, commits when it's all said and done...

Reaction Score
there will be more than 13-15 recruits bro.. believe you me.. Attrition is always in the equation but never counted until it actually happens.. I'm convinced we'll end up with in the high teens, maybe even 20, commits when it's all said and done...

We only have 10 seniors leaving and I think 82-83 guys on scholarship so......13-15 sounds about right

If people were to attrite, it would have happened already (i.e., McQuillan)

Reaction Score
My (mostly) realistic wish list for the remaining 10ish slots:

1. Jasen (Jay) Rose (WR/TE/QB) - Southington High School, Southington CT
  2. Anthony Long (DT) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg PA
  3. Lucas Niang (OT/DT) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CA
  4. Ali'i Niumatalolo (LB) - Boardneck High School, Annapolis MD
  5. Kameron Pickett (RB) - North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA
  6. Lukas Masterson (FS/SS) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples, Florida
  7. Keith Coleman (OG) - Suffield Academy via Hartford Public High School, Hartford CT
  8. Kendric Pryor (WR) - Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Homewood Illinois (I don't think we need another WR but love the kids size & plays db)
  9. Taylor Edwards TE/WR/ATH) - Alexis Dupont High School, Wilmington Delaware (as an OLB in the 3-4 or TE a la Cam Stapleton)
  10. Nino Leone (OL/DL) - Pingree High School, South Hamilton, MA. (As a DL/NT)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We only have 10 seniors leaving and I think 82-83 guys on scholarship so.13-15 sounds about right

Most attrition for 2016 will typically occur after the 2015 season.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
My (mostly) realistic wish list for the remaining 10ish slots:

1. Jasen (Jay) Rose (WR/TE/QB) - Southington High School, Southington CT
  2. Anthony Long (DT) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg PA
  3. Lucas Niang (OT/DT) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CA
  4. Ali'i Niumatalolo (LB) - Boardneck High School, Annapolis MD
  5. Kameron Pickett (RB) - North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA
  6. Lukas Masterson (FS/SS) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples, Florida
  7. Keith Coleman (OG) - Suffield Academy via Hartford Public High School, Hartford CT
  8. Kendric Pryor (WR) - Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Homewood Illinois (I don't think we need another WR but love the kids size & plays db)
  9. Taylor Edwards TE/WR/ATH) - Alexis Dupont High School, Wilmington Delaware (as an OLB in the 3-4 or TE a la Cam Stapleton)
  10. Nino Leone (OL/DL) - Pingree High School, South Hamilton, MA. (As a DL/NT)

Anthony Long is essentially a Pitt commit. He just needs to get his grades up. Niang, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Niumatalolo is looking for bigger offers so he is unlikely, too. Pryor is from B1G country and has multiple B1G offers. He doesn't seem as if he wants to leave the area.

I like the rest of the list, though.

Reaction Score
Agree about the quality of our 2016 recruits so far. But remember that the class of 2015 had 22 recruits, while this year (class of 2016) there will be an estimated 13-15. So, we are about on par from a numbers standpoint, although I am getting a little impatient to see some more. It's been a couple of weeks since Herring's verbal.

June 29th - July 12th is a dead period. Doesn't mean commitments are impossible just more unlikely. Hopefully the coaches will pick up where they left off in the next couple days!

Reaction Score
We only have 10 seniors leaving and I think 82-83 guys on scholarship so.13-15 sounds about right

Look at our history.. when PP took over we had like 3 kids transfer out during the August Camp... two ended up at Towson.... It ain't over....

Reaction Score
Look at our history.. when PP took over we had like 3 kids transfer out during the August Camp... two ended up at Towson.... It ain't over....
That all involved a coaching change. This situation and transition from one season to the next is completely different.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Craig Watts has decommitted from Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom