2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last year the early commits campaigned to others to joun the new staff at Uconn and the changes at Uconn. There doesn't seem to be the same drive by the current class of recruits.

Reaction Score
With it being July 12 am I correct in my assessment that the dead period has ended?. If so, I bet we might see a few more commits soon.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Yes, today (July 12) is the last day of the current quiet period.

Reaction Score
Why do you think that? Just because it isn't happening on a public setting doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

You're right. It doesn't mean 2016 commits aren't working behind the scenes.

But when previous (2015) commits campaign to others to join the UConn program its publically stating "I committed to UConn, I'm enthusiastic about my choice, and maybe you should give UConn some due consideration".

No less of a catalyst than someone stating "Come join me at Alabama".

Could be happening behind the scenes. It just seems to me a public pronouncement has more energy.

Reaction Score
Yes, today (July 12) is the last day of the current quiet period.
my bad Yesterday was July 12th, actually the last day of the dead period.. quiet period is still in play... Hope to see some commits come thru before camp opens next month...

Reaction Score
Last year the early commits campaigned to others to joun the new staff at Uconn and the changes at Uconn. There doesn't seem to be the same drive by the current class of recruits.

I don't seem to remember that much overt campaigning/recruiting by the previous commit class as I do the flood of congrats and welcome to the class on social media. There was a lot written after the fact about conversations that occurred on the group chat side of the equation.

Each class dynamics are different based on personalities and social media personas so I wouldn't draw any inferences to lack of drive by the current class. They could also be taking direction from the staff on covert targeting.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Kameron Pickett. He would be a great addition.

Agreed, he is one I'm hoping to add to the class for sure! I want to see some true (not projects although if the depth is good that's not bad either) OL and DL added too, we have to keep the depth growing!

Reaction Score
a willing blocker at WR? just what the doctor ordered for UCONN football.. Hope we're still in the market for one more outside WR for this recruiting class.. He would appear to be a good fit..

I doubt we are still looking to bring in another WR unless they plan on moving somebody. We have 8 coming back next year (Lemelle, Thomas, Bradley, Lucas, Battle, Beals, Mayala, McLean) and two already committed (Skanes, Dixon). I can't imagine having more than 10 WR's on scholarship. Unless we move one of them to CB (which we are pretty set there too, 7 returners, plus 1 commit) or maybe McLean (only one who could switch) to TE. We need guys in the trenches right now.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How is everyone feeling about recruiting at this point? After initial disappointment followed by a string of 3 star pick ups, I'm curious as to whether or not people are nervous about the lack of recent commits

Reaction Score
How is everyone feeling about recruiting at this point? After initial disappointment followed by a string of 3 star pick ups, I'm curious as to whether or not people are nervous about the lack of recent commits

Last time I checked its not even August yet and we have 25% of our class complete.....I'd say we're doing pretty well

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Quaity over quantity friend. UConn's class will wind up being around 15 commitments so to be 1/3 of the way through that at this point with the types of players that we have is really pretty good. UConn also can have major success focusing on guys that have breakout senior years in HS and kind of fly under the radar because of that. I'd be willing to say theres 5 of those types of guys and another 3-5 "frames" that we take as athletes we try to essentially mold into football players (think guys like Zordon and the lax player from last class)

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to whether or not people are nervous about the lack of recent commits

Nope - it's a process at this point for the program. More P5 roster spots need to be filled before the next round of commits occur. As options lessen, there will be more activity. It's all about pecking order in offer lists. Let the summer camp/visits play out.

It is what it is after the debacle of the past few years and conference realignment purgatory.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We will have to be the school that picks up a late of late bloomers - senior year surprises. That has always been the case and will continue to be the case. The more other schools fill out their slots early, the better it is for us to grab those late bloomers. If it wasn't for late blooming kids, the davids would never beat the goliaths.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Nope - it's a process at this point for the program. More P5 roster spots need to be filled before the next round of commits occur. As options lessen, there will be more activity. It's all about pecking order in offer lists. Let the summer camp/visits play out.

It is what it is after the debacle of the past few years and conference realignment purgatory.
I totally agree and am more than content with the way recruiting had worked out so far. Just wanted to see where the rest of the husky community stood. For me, if we can find a way to get Jay Rose and a few solid OL/DL by the time it's all said and done, I'll be beyond happy

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm slightly nervous. If the program had the same recruiting energy as last year, we'd be pretty close to having the 14 slots filled as opposed to the 25% fulfillment rate.

Whether we're looking to fill 15 spots or 24 spots, 5 verbals at this point in the recruiting cycle is still a low number. At the end of June last year wasn't the number somewhere between 10-12?

I'm just really nervous that a lot of those we have contacted may be hoping for "better offers".

I'm quite sure the coaches by now have identified those that they consider quality prospects. I'm not too sure the coaches are waiting to see if anyone has a "break out" Fall season. Seems like its a risky bet.

I hoping I'm wrong, but it still won't stop me from being nervous and/or concerned.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm slightly nervous. If the program had the same recruiting energy as last year, we'd be pretty close to having the 14 slots filled as opposed to the 25% fulfillment rate.

Whether we're looking to fill 15 spots or 24 spots, 5 verbals at this point in the recruiting cycle is still a low number. At the end of June last year wasn't the number somewhere between 10-12?

I'm just really nervous that a lot of those we have contacted may be hoping for "better offers".

I'm quite sure the coaches by now have identified those that they consider quality prospects. I'm not too sure the coaches are waiting to see if anyone has a "break out" Fall season. Seems like its a risky bet.

I hoping I'm wrong, but it still won't stop me from being nervous and/or concerned.

Not the same level of recruiting energy? That is a bad way to look at.

First off, 5 out of 15 would be 33% not 25%. Secondly, with a lower class number the staff can be more selective in who they want to get. Notice a difference between recruiting last year and this year at this time? At this time last year, the majority of commits were tall projectable players with potential without a lot of other FBS offers. This year, we're looking at a more proven bunch with "good" FBS offers.

It's your right to be concerned, but I'm not sure how you can be when you look at the players the staff is reeling in.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I sure hope we can land a pair of O line recruits before the first game. I'd like to see 5 OL and a couple running backs when all said and done. It wouldn't take much in the away of attrition (academic, injury, etc) to make us ultra thin in both areas and obviously the O-line needs help to begin with.

Reaction Score
2016 UConn Offer List (Initial chronology may be off a bit)
  1. Keith Coleman (OG) - Suffield Academy via Hartford Public High School, Hartford CT.
  2. Naseir Upshur (TE) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
  3. Craig Watts (DB) - Gibbs High School, St Petersburg FL (Wisconsin Commit 6/20/15>Decommit 7/10/15))
  4. Aubrey White (APB/WR) - Wylie East High School, Wylie, Texas (Kansas De-Commit)
  5. Jasen (Jay) Rose (WR/TE/QB) - Southington High School, Southington CT
  6. Anthony Long (DT) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg PA
  7. Antonio Dupree (RB/MLB) - Gilman School, Baltimore MD
  8. Richard Merritt (OL) - Archbishop Carroll, Washington DC
  9. Kaezon Pugh (RB/LB) - Aliquippa Hugh School, Aliquippa PA
  10. Lucas Niang (OT/DT) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CT
  11. Andre Mintze (DE/TE) Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
  12. Tymir Oliver (DE) - West Catholic High School, Philadelphia PA
  13. Eric Burrell (S/WR) - McDonough School, Owen Mills MD
  14. Gene Coleman II (WR/DB) - Bergen Catholic HS, Oradell NJ
  15. Ali'i Niumatalolo (LB) - Boardneck High School, Annapolis MD
  16. Nino Leone (OL/DL) - Pingree High School, South Hamilton, MA.
  17. Donald Stewart (WR) - Paramus Catholic, Paramus, NJ
  18. Jovani Haskins (QB/TE/DE) - Bergenfield High School, Bergenfield NJ
  19. Yeedee Thaenrat (RB/SS) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA
  20. Johncarlo Valentin (G/DT) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
  21. Kameron Pickett (RB) - North Gwinnett High Varsity Football, Suwanee, GA
  22. Emmanuel Rugamba (WR/CB) - Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Illinois
  23. Tyler Fleetwood (QB/WR) - Parkview High School, Lilburn GA
  24. CJ Riley (WR) - North Broward Prep School, Coconut Creek Florida
  25. Patrick Volcy (WR/FS) - Golden Gate High School, Naples, Florida
  26. Kolton Huber (WR/SS) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City, NJ
  27. Mike Lonsdorf (T) - Immaculata High School, Somerville, NJ
  28. Audie Omotosho (WR) - Plano East High School, Plano Texas
  29. Obi Eboh (CB) - Southlake Carroll High School, Southlake Texas
  30. Lukas Masterson (FS/SS) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples, Florida
  31. Kendric Pryor (WR) - Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Homewood Illinois
  32. Devin Singletary (RB) - American Heritage School, Delray Beach, Florida
  33. Steven Frank (QB) - Oswego High School, Oswego, Illinois
  34. Christian Brooks (DE) - Centreville High School, Clifton, VA.
  35. Tyler Watson (OT/DT) - Milton High School, Alpharetta, GA
  36. Kofi Boateng (WR) - Lamar High School, Arlington, Texas
  37. Levi Onwuzurike (DE) - Allen High School, Allen, Texas
  38. Anthony Pegues (RB/APB) - Centennial High School, Frisco, Texas
  39. Jordan Kitna (QB) - Waxahachie High School, Waxahachie, Texas
  40. Ryan Gilmartin (LB/FB) - Charlotte Christian School Matthews NC
  41. Khalil Moore (CB/WR) - Davidson Day High School, Davidson, NC
  42. Taylor Edwards TE/WR/ATH) - Alexis Dupont High School, Wilmington Delaware
  43. Donovan Williams (Ath/DT QB) - D.J. Hylton High School, Woodbridge VA (JMU Commit > UConn Commit 6/18/15)
  44. Keyion Dixon (CB/QB) - Glastonbury High School, Glastonbury CT (UConn Commit 6/19/15)
  45. Eddie Hahn (QB) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (UConn Commit 6/24/15)
  46. Quayvon Skanes (WR) - Phillips High School, Chicago, Illinois (UConn Commit 6/25/15)
  47. Tahj Herring (CB/WR) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT (UConn Commit 6/27/15)
  48. Ben Hartwick (TE/DE) - Mahwah High School, Mahwah NJ (2015 UConn Commit>Greyshirt>?Monmouth Commit?)
  49. *Elisha Daniels (CB) - Cardinal Gibbons High School, Fort Lauderdale Florida (Minnesota Commit when UConn offered)
  50. *ElijahDaniels (CB) - Cardinal Gibbons High School, Fort Lauderdale Florida (Minnesota Commit when UConn offered)
  51. *Darian Bryant (OT) - Springside Chestnut Hill Academy in Philadelphia PA (Temple Commit when UConn offered)
  52. Miles Wolfork (WR/CB) - Largo High School, Upper Marlboro MD (VA Tech Commit 12/21/14)
  53. Scooter Harrington (TE) Greenwich High School, Greenwich CT (BC Commit 2/21/15)
  54. Terrell Hall (DE) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC. (tOSU Commit 3/2/150
  55. Landen Word (LB/FB/TE) - Bishop O'Connell High School, Arlington, VA. (UVA Commit 3/28/15)
  56. Liam Smith (OL/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank NJ (Duke Commit 4/13/15)
  57. Abdul Adams (RB) - Woodrow Wilson High, Washington DC (Michigan State Commit 4/24/15)
  58. Robert Washington (RB) - South Lake Christian Academy, Charlotte NC (Syracuse Commit 4/25/15
  59. Kobay White (WR) - Bishop McDevitt High School Harrisburg PA (BC Commit 4/29/15)
  60. Jeffrey Pooler (DE/DT) - Chaminade Julienne, Dayton Ohio (Maryland Commit 5/16/15)
  61. Anthony Russo (QB) - Archbishop Wood Catholic High School, Warminster PA (Rutgers Commit 5/18/15)
  62. Justin Witt (OT) - Lincoln-Way West High School, New Lenox, Illinois (NCST Commit 5/18/15)
  63. Andrew Trainer (TE/DE) - St. Stephens & St. Agnes School, Alexandria VA (UVA Commit 5/22/15)
  64. Anthony Brown (DT QB) - St John Vianney High School, Holmdel NJ (BC Commit 5/22/15)
  65. Jesse Meyler (OT) - Episcopal High School, Alexandria, VA (Northwester Commit 5/23/15)
  66. Mike Collins (QB) - New Canaan High School, New Canaan CT (UPenn Commit 5/29/15)
  67. Elias Reynolds (OLB/SS) - Brooklyn Poly Prep School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/3/15)
  68. Ray Marten (TE/DE/FB - Brooklyn Poly Prep Country Day School - Brooklyn NY (BC Commit 6/5/15)
  69. Charles Baldwin (OL) - ASA College, Brooklyn NY (Windsor CT native) (Alabama Commit 6/5/15)
  70. Taysir Mack (WR) - Grand St Campus High School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/5/15)
  71. Ahmed Bah (WR) - Grand Street Campus High School, Brooklyn NY (Rutgers Commit 6/5/15)
  72. Brandon Shuman (CB) - Guilliver Prep School, Miami, Florida (Purdue Commit 6/10/15)
  73. Drake Spears (SS/WR)- West Aurora High School in West Aurora Illinois (Illinois Commit 6/12/15)
  74. Houston Miller (DE/OLB) - Keller High School, Keller, Texas (Texas Tech Commit 6/13/15)
  75. Joshua Dryaden (DB) - Bishop Dunne Catholic School, Dallas Texas (Cal Commit 6/14/14)
  76. Kellen Diesch (OT) - Byron Nelson High School, Trophy Club, Texas (Arkansas Commit 6/14/15)
  77. Barrington Wade Jr (RB) - Niles North High School, Skokie, Illinois (Iowa Commit 6/15/15)
  78. Sean McKeon (TE/DE) - Shepard Hill Regional High School, Dudley MA. (Michigan Commit 6/15/15)
  79. Nolan DeFranco (DE) - West Orange High School, Winter Garden Florida (UNC Commit 6/16/15)
  80. Daquan Newkirk (DT) - The First Academy School, Orlando, Florida (Auburn Commit 6/18/15)
  81. Bricen Garner (S) - Central Catholic HS, Pittsburgh PA (Pitt Commit 6/18/15)
  82. Quayshon Alexander - (TE/DE) DePaul High School, Wayne, NJ (Nebraska Commit 6/19/15)
  83. Logan MacDonald (OT) - Ridge Community High School, Davenport, Florida (USF Commit 6/21/15)
  84. Koby Quansah (LB) - Kingswood Oxford School, West Hartford CT (Duke Commit 6/21/15)
  85. Allen Cater (DE/TE) - Mt Paran Christian School, Kennesaw, GA (Indiana Commit 6/21/15)
  86. Jamir Jones (OLB) - Aquinas Institute, Rochester NY (Notre Dame Commit 6/23/15)
  87. Adam Hensley (OLB) - Centerville High School, Centerville Ohio (WVA Commit 6/14/15)
  88. Elijah Johnson (OT) - DeMatha High School, Hyattsville MD (Rutgers Commit 6/25/15)
  89. Bryce Folsom (DE) - Chattahoochee High School, Alpharetta GA (NCST Commit 6/25/15)
  90. Jacob Morgenstern (Ath) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (Duke Commit 6/25/15)
  91. Alexander Gagnon (OLB/SS) - Charlotte Catholic High School, Charlotte, NC (Duke Commit 6/25/15)
  92. Zachary Kastenhuber (LB/FB) - Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT (Harvard Commit 6/26/15)
  93. Phil Campbell (S/RB) - South Brunswick High School, South Brunswick New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 6/26/15)
  94. Cary Angeline (TE) Downingtown East High School, Downingtown PA (USCw Commit 6/26/15)
  95. Brandon Simon (DE/OLB) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, NJ (Iowa Commit 6/26/15)
  96. Jake Hescock - (TE/DE) - Salisbury High School, Salisbury, CT (Wisconsin Commit 6/26/15)
  97. Ellison Jordan (DT/FB) - Gilman School, Baltimore MD (PSU Commit 6/26/15)
  98. Parnell Motley (WR/CB) - Woodson High School, Washington D.C. (Maryland Commit 6/27/15)
  99. KJ Gray (Ath) - Saint Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (BC Commit 6/28/15)
  100. Ben Kimpler (DE) - Libertyville High School, Libertyville, Illinois (Miami -Ohio Commit 6/28/15)
  101. Dan Archibong (TE/DE) - Springfield High School, Springfield PA (Temple Commit 6/30/15)
  102. Isaiah Wright (DB/WR) - Kingswood Oxford School, West Hartford CT (Rutgers commit 7/1/15)
  103. Grayson Stover (OT) - Hudson High School, Hudson Florida (UVA Commit 7/1/15)
  104. Jake Fuzak (DT) - Williamsville South High School, Williamsville NY (Buffalo Commit 7/4/15)
  105. Jack Wegher (Ath/RB) - IMG Academy, Bradenton, Florida (Purdue Commit 7/09/15)
  106. Tyliek Raynor (RB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia, PA (Arizona Commit 7/18/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom