2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Just strange that they were a bunch of articles saying he committed @ the Clambake, a few sites (Rival and 247) changed his status to committed then poof - no commit status noted. Maybe he wants to be incognito or maybe having second thoughts with no coach pressure, or someone bigger came calling. We'll see I guess. Recruiting is never boring or certain till the end.

We still have a chance!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Take this for what it is, but I tweeted at Taylor Edwards if he was thinking of switching to UConn and he both favorited and retweeted the tweet and then followed me. Obviously not saying that means he's committing, but it's definitely a good sign and worth noting!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Terrell Hall decommitted from Ohio State yesterday.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Take this for what it is, but I tweeted at Taylor Edwards if he was thinking of switching to UConn and he both favorited and retweeted the tweet and then followed me. Obviously not saying that means he's committing, but it's definitely a good sign and worth noting!
this is a big kid - not sure what is position should be.... he would be nice to have - but i sure would like to start seeing some olineman.

Reaction Score
AliiNiumatalolo 8:40pm via Twitter for iPhone
SO THANKFUL and EXCITED and extremely BLESSED to receive my 1st offer from the University of Connecticut #blessed❤️ pic.twitter.com/d4A33mWSGG

Ali'i Niumatalolo is a 6-2 229lb LB from Boardneck High School in Annapolis MD. Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Boston College, BYU, Michigan, Florida State showing interest.

@AliiNiumatalolo: I will be committing after the season and taking my OV's. My full focus is on my team and getting that ring. #KD

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
@AliiNiumatalolo: I will be committing after the season and taking my OV's. My full focus is on my team and getting that ring. #KD

Hopefully we can land him. Odd how he doesn't have any other big time offers at this point besides Boise.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Hopefully we can land him. Odd how he doesn't have any other big time offers at this point besides Boise.

If you look at his twitter account you would think he was an Alabama commit just based on the sheer volume of stuff he tweets about them. Same goes for Tarik Black (who actually could end up there).

There was a twitter chat with Ali'i a while back, he had some great stuff to say about UConn but deleted the tweets after the chat was over. Working on getting a follow up chat going with him for sometime in the next couple of weeks to see how it's going and where UConn stands in the process.

Reaction Score
Something tells me we might be done with QB recruiting for this class... but I wish we weren't ... 55 TDs... enough for me to stay interested...

Reaction Score
While I would prefer our recruiting show some results on building OL depth, I do not believe we have too many QBs to look away

Reaction Score
I think you need 4-5 qbs (on scholarship) on your depth chart. Here is how the eligibility stacks up (including this year) Sheriffs 3. Boyle 2 (still has redshirt), Anderson 2, Davis 4 (should redshirt this yr)...walkon's are Rushell 3, Bisack 4 (with a redshirt). If they sign 2 qb's in this class and redshirt them both next yr..in 2017 they step in for Anderson and become the 5th body on the depth chart if Boyle comes back...become the 4th body on the depth chart if he doesn't. I have no problem signing 2 abs ninths class with the QB depth issues that have happened at UCONN since Orlovsky left. Beside...not too long ago 3 were signed in 1 class, and only 1 is left.

Reaction Score
I think you need 4-5 qbs (on scholarship) on your depth chart. Here is how the eligibility stacks up (including this year) Sheriffs 3. Boyle 2 (still has redshirt), Anderson 2, Davis 4 (should redshirt this yr)...walkon's are Rushell 3, Bisack 4 (with a redshirt). If they sign 2 qb's in this class and redshirt them both next yr..in 2017 they step in for Anderson and become the 5th body on the depth chart if Boyle comes back...become the 4th body on the depth chart if he doesn't. I have no problem signing 2 abs ninths class with the QB depth issues that have happened at UCONN since Orlovsky left. Beside...not too long ago 3 were signed in 1 class, and only 1 is left.
Totally agree about the QB depth... Need it...

Reaction Score
Can't hurt that we are the only local school in his final four offering him a shot at QB

Reaction Score
DaveBorges11:08am via TweetDeck
Doing story on Southington QB Jasen Rose. Says his final 4 are #UConn, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Wisconsin. Hopes to make choice w/in 2-3 wks.
Keeping fingers crossed. All that I've heard around town is that he wants to stay close to home so that he can play his college ball in front of his family. Syracuse is a stretch in that regard, & the other two don't jive with this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom