2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome (2014) had three touchdowns on 16 carries and 168 rushing yards, Andrew Matos had three touchdowns on five receptions and 173 yards and Jaiquan McKnight (2015) was 8-for-9 with three touchdowns, 215 passing yards and a rushing touchdown as the Chargers routed the Hawks in Ansonia, 47-16. Matos (2013) caught touchdown passes of 78, 43 and 23 yards for Ansonia (2-0).

Reaction Score
(From CT Post) BROOKFIELD -- Just two weeks ago Brookfield coach Rich Angarano felt a little apprehensive about starting junior Brad Westmark at quarterback over two-year incumbent Boeing Brown. He went so far to call it "a possible controversy" in the preseason.
Angarano and the Bobcats aren't singing that tune anymore.
Westmark's their man.
In just his second start, the junior torched Bunnell's defense for 391 yards and two touchdowns on 25-of-35 passing to lead Brookfield to an eye-opening 33-18 victory over high-powered Bunnell Friday night at Brookfield High School.
"The kid can sling it, huh?" said Angarano, who was filled with just as much glee as his players. "We knew what Boeing could do. We knew what Brad can do and, I'll tell you, Brad is delivering."
Westmark had plenty of help from his hulking offensive linemen, junior Nick Biasetti, who caught eight passes for 143 yards, and -- yes -- Boeing Brown, who chipped in with seven catches for 121 yards and a touchdown in his new role at receiver.

I watched some of this game, this Westmark kid is pretty good. Shows a lot of poise for a first year starter.
Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/sports/art...unnell-in-statement-3885037.php#ixzz27AQN6klM

Reaction Score
Harold Cooper - Hillhouse RB/DB had 4 TD runs on Friday night. 78, 27, 27, 18 versus Branford.

Ervin Phillips - West Haven RB had 137 yds w/ 2TDs (66 yd burst fot TD on first play fron scrimmage and 14yds).

Reaction Score
Quentin Nelson a lineman from Red Bank Catholic...has offers from every major program BUT us...Cersosimo mut be sleeping on the job again! According to my buddy (a Red Bank Cathlic alum, Frmr UConn fb co-capt, and south NJ resident) he is pretty high on BC because his sister goes to Northeastern.

Reaction Score
Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha 2014 OT Brock Ruble adds #UConn offer per his coach Elijah Brooks. 247sports.com/Player/Brock-R…

6-9 - 302!

DeMatha HS ~ alma mater of the Microwave - John Gwynn

Reaction Score
Quentin Nelson a lineman from Red Bank Catholic...has offers from every major program BUT us...Cersosimo mut be sleeping on the job again! According to my buddy (a Red Bank Cathlic alum, Frmr UConn fb co-capt, and south NJ resident) he is pretty high on BC because his sister goes to Northeastern.

BobLichtenfels 4:21pm via Web
Red Bank Catholic (N.J.) lineman Quenton Nelson adds offer #13 from #Wisconsin

Reaction Score
Spoke to a parent of a St.Paul football player. Asked him about the QB at SPCHS Logan Marchi. Stated he has an extremely strong arm and supposedly has a standing offer (his words) from UConn. I have never seen him play put he leads the state in passing yards ( just under 2000 in 7 games). Also has thrown for 25 td's and 9 ints. Not sure about how true the offer is, but I am curious to see if anyone here has seen him play.

Reaction Score
Spoke to a parent of a St.Paul football player. Asked him about the QB at SPCHS Logan Marchi. Stated he has an extremely strong arm and supposedly has a standing offer (his words) from UConn. I have never seen him play put he leads the state in passing yards ( just under 2000 in 7 games). Also has thrown for 25 td's and 9 ints. Not sure about how true the offer is, but I am curious to see if anyone here has seen him play.
Last week Logan threw for 3 more touchdowns and ran for another 3. Also supposedly shut down David Coggins as a dback. Again never seen him play, but he puts up great numbers. I also am assuming he must be a pretty good athlete if they assigned him to cover Coggins. Again anyone with more insight on this kid, please post.

Reaction Score
3 names that are on the radar per Tos from Erasmus Hall in NYC

CB Darin Peart. He's 5'11 180 lbs has 33 tackles and a pick on the yr. He camped here during the summer and loved the coaches and campus.

RB Kahlil Lewin 5'8 185 he has 112 carries for 747 yds 3 tds with 10 catches for 81 and a td.

The last one is RB Curtis Samuel 6' 185 lbs he has 51 carries for 683 yds and 8 Tds. Also has 12 catches for 187 yds with 3 tds.

Reaction Score
More on Curtis Samuel from the NUC 2 yrs ago. Overall MVP, Combine King, and Fastest Man

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
as i think about this class right now i think 15 kids may be the size. this could easily change after spring/summer moves...

of those 15 i think we lean like this right now for starters on the local scene...

2 maybe 3 rbs (outlow, newsome, phillips, cooper, ehall kids)
1 wr (huard, moore)
1 or 2 qbs (marchi, barmore)
2 or 3 ol (bryan, baldwin, linta(hamden qb), dintino, keener, baker)
2 dl (benjamin, fox, holmes)
2 db (ehall kid, berry, solomon, scott)
1 or 2 lbs (sylva, smiley, nc kids, strachan)
1 or 2 te (wadsworth)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

just to follow up...we offered 2day.

Reaction Score
as i think about this class right now i think 15 kids may be the size. this could easily change after spring/summer moves...

of those 15 i think we lean like this right now for starters on the local scene...

2 maybe 3 rbs (outlow, newsome, phillips, cooper, ehall kids)
1 wr (huard, moore)
1 or 2 qbs (marchi, barmore)
2 or 3 ol (bryan, baldwin, linta(hamden qb), dintino, keener, baker)
2 dl (benjamin, fox, holmes)
2 db (ehall kid, berry, solomon, scott)
1 or 2 lbs (sylva, smiley, nc kids, strachan)
1 or 2 te (wadsworth)
your missing the customary 3-5 fullbacks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
your missing the customary 3-5 fullbacks.

funny. i have no prob with the fb stuff as we will lose 1 this winter and dont need any. 1 will rs so all will be well with the fb spread on the roster. you just have to look forward a bit and see whats being done.

Reaction Score
i mean i know osieki is gone but four scholarship fullbacks on the roster still seems one or two high

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i mean i know osieki is gone but four scholarship fullbacks on the roster still seems one or two high

clax- will be a lb signs point
frank- is our fb for the next 2 years. hes apart of the whitmer-lyle-davis-phillips monster O class hopefully
matteis- walkon
osiecki-gone
tartaglino-gone
vinci-fb/lb not really sure whats up

next year add walsh and he will rs

i dont see a fb issue where we have to many. with walsh if u take clax and vinci u have 4. 1 if not both of those will be lb depth imho.

Reaction Score
Opened up the Bristol Press this morning to see St.Paul won yesterday 55 - 48. Logan Marchi threw for 7 TD's and 526 yards ( the Courant said 449 yds). Either way a great statistical performance. I believe he leads ( or will after this performance) the state in TD passes and yards. Supposedly has a UConn offer. I wish I had seen him play this year, from what I have been told he has a very strong arm. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of his playing abilities ?

pj

Reaction Score
Opened up the Bristol Press this morning to see St.Paul won yesterday 55 - 48. Logan Marchi threw for 7 TD's and 526 yards ( the Courant said 449 yds). Either way a great statistical performance. I believe he leads ( or will after this performance) the state in TD passes and yards. Supposedly has a UConn offer. I wish I had seen him play this year, from what I have been told he has a very strong arm. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of his playing abilities ?

Kris1 gave his view in another thread, http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ct-2012-hs-season-thread.24365/page-7#post-393262:

I've seen Barmore, Boyle, and Marchi. Boyle has a big-time arm, can make every throw, not fleet of foot but can escape if necessary. I don't know what it is, but there is something about him I don't like. He looks the part, but there is something about him that irks me. Barmore doesn't have the arm Boyle has but it's close. Far better athlete though. Has good speed, can escape pressure, can tuck it if he has too. Strong build, very heady. Makes something out of nothing when the play breaks down. Marchi puts up big numbers, no doubt. He plays on a terrible team and most of those stats are against second string defenses. That scares me. He's also on the smallish side. He does have a good arm, but overthrows open receivers often. When he misses it's usually high. That's a bad thing against good secondaries. If I absolutely had to pick one of the three, it would be Boyle. Only because he projects a bigger payoff, if he pans out. I think the others are what they are. Unless we get better in the trenches, and get back to pounding the rock, it won't much matter who's under center.

In order:
1. Boyle, potentially could be Dan O. If he sticks with his BC commit, I could see him transferring elsewhere to finish his career.
2. Barmore, I like his make up and athletic ability.
3. Marchi, preferred walk-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc