2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i found out about marchi over the summer and saw a passing vid as he threw for the coaches. way before i found out about barmore from a rivals article. just the way i found out about each tells me that marchi is very high on the staff charts. i have heard that he has a uconn offer and the kid grice that just had a free rivals article has a bc offer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Bob Lichtenfels@BobLichtenfels
Bethlehem (Pa.) Liberty junior WR K.J. Williams picked up an offer from #UConn Thursday

Reaction Score
2014 QB Andrew Ford is interested in us and here is a couple quotes from a rivals article:

"I'm very high on UConn at this point in the process and everything the University stands for academically and athletically,"

"I'm positive that if the talks continue to go the way they have so far, UConn would be a tough school for me to turn down."

I don't know what they're selling, but good god keep it up...

ESPN Watch Lister as well

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Ford-140938

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/144625/andrew-ford

Reaction Score
2014 QB Andrew Ford is interested in us and here is a couple quotes from a rivals article:

"I'm very high on UConn at this point in the process and everything the University stands for academically and athletically,"

"I'm positive that if the talks continue to go the way they have so far, UConn would be a tough school for me to turn down."

I don't know what they're selling, but good god keep it up...

ESPN Watch Lister as well

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Ford-140938

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/144625/andrew-ford

He put up good numbers this yr. 225-339(66.4%) for 2,957 yds with 35 tds and 9 INTs. His favorite target was jr wr Jacob Scott(67 catches for 1,005 yds and 10 TDs.)

Reaction Score
Recruiting Notes: Interest for Newsome building

December, 30, 2012
By Roger Brown | ESPNBoston.com

Ansonia (Conn.) High School running back Arkeel Newsome is used to being pursued. If opposing defensive players aren't after him, then it's college football coaches who are trying to chase him down.

Newsome, who completed his junior season by leading Ansonia to the Class S state championship Dec. 8, may be the most sought-after recruit in New England next season. He received scholarship offers from the University of Connecticut and the University of Massachusetts last summer, and that list of offers will certainly grow.

“In the last week Rutgers, Penn State and Syracuse have been in,” Ansonia coach Tom Brockett said the week before Christmas. “He's even getting some interest in the state of Florida -– Florida and Florida State. I would guess between now and May he'll have another 15-20 [offers].

“Almost everyone wants him to carry the ball as a tailback. He has the whole skill-set that great backs have: speed, vision and hands. He'd be a great receiver if he wasn't a tailback. Some college is going to be very fortunate to have him in uniform.”

Newsome made plenty of headlines as a sophomore, when he set Connecticut's single-season rushing record by gaining 3,763 yards. Some media outlets listed him as the nation's leading rusher. Others had him at No. 2.

He gained 2,245 yards and and 34 touchdowns on 227 carries as a junior, when Ansonia stretched the program's winning streak to 28 games by beating North Branford 59-26 in the Class S championship game. He set the state record for career rushing touchdowns in the Class S semifinals, and will enter his senior season with 119 rushing TDs.

Newsome said Boston College, Connecticut, Florida, Miami, Penn State, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Syracuse are the schools he hears from the most.

“I like making people miss,” he said. “It's a little early to say anything about recruiting. I'm happy with the two offers I have right now. UConn was the first school to offer. I can definitely see myself there.

“I don't know too much about UMass. I haven't seen them play.”

If there's a knock against Newsome it may be his size (5-foot-8, 180 pounds). Brockett insists colleges aren't concerned.

“Not one college who has seen him in person has expressed concern with his size,” Brockett said. “He carries his weight very well.

“He's a physical back. He's a tough, durable back who doesn't come off the field. “

Newsome, who also plays defensive back, isn't lacking speed. He said his best time in the 40-yard dash is 4.49 seconds.

Still, Brockett said Newsome's vision and ability to change direction is what separates him from most backs.

“You have a lot of kids with speed, but those players who can cut on a dime are hard to find,” he said. “Arkeel is humble, he's a hard-worker and he's a great weight room kid. Just by talking to him you'd never know he's the best player in Connecticut.”

Reaction Score
Recruiting Notes: Interest for Newsome building

December, 30, 2012
By Roger Brown | ESPNBoston.com

Ansonia (Conn.) High School running back Arkeel Newsome is used to being pursued. If opposing defensive players aren't after him, then it's college football coaches who are trying to chase him down.

Newsome, who completed his junior season by leading Ansonia to the Class S state championship Dec. 8, may be the most sought-after recruit in New England next season. He received scholarship offers from the University of Connecticut and the University of Massachusetts last summer, and that list of offers will certainly grow.

“In the last week Rutgers, Penn State and Syracuse have been in,” Ansonia coach Tom Brockett said the week before Christmas. “He's even getting some interest in the state of Florida -– Florida and Florida State. I would guess between now and May he'll have another 15-20 [offers].

“Almost everyone wants him to carry the ball as a tailback. He has the whole skill-set that great backs have: speed, vision and hands. He'd be a great receiver if he wasn't a tailback. Some college is going to be very fortunate to have him in uniform.”

Newsome made plenty of headlines as a sophomore, when he set Connecticut's single-season rushing record by gaining 3,763 yards. Some media outlets listed him as the nation's leading rusher. Others had him at No. 2.

He gained 2,245 yards and and 34 touchdowns on 227 carries as a junior, when Ansonia stretched the program's winning streak to 28 games by beating North Branford 59-26 in the Class S championship game. He set the state record for career rushing touchdowns in the Class S semifinals, and will enter his senior season with 119 rushing TDs.

Newsome said Boston College, Connecticut, Florida, Miami, Penn State, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Syracuse are the schools he hears from the most.

“I like making people miss,” he said. “It's a little early to say anything about recruiting. I'm happy with the two offers I have right now. UConn was the first school to offer. I can definitely see myself there.

“I don't know too much about UMass. I haven't seen them play.”

If there's a knock against Newsome it may be his size (5-foot-8, 180 pounds). Brockett insists colleges aren't concerned.

“Not one college who has seen him in person has expressed concern with his size,” Brockett said. “He carries his weight very well.

“He's a physical back. He's a tough, durable back who doesn't come off the field. “

Newsome, who also plays defensive back, isn't lacking speed. He said his best time in the 40-yard dash is 4.49 seconds.

Still, Brockett said Newsome's vision and ability to change direction is what separates him from most backs.

“You have a lot of kids with speed, but those players who can cut on a dime are hard to find,” he said. “Arkeel is humble, he's a hard-worker and he's a great weight room kid. Just by talking to him you'd never know he's the best player in Connecticut.”

“It's a little early to say anything about recruiting. I'm happy with the two offers I have right now. UConn was the first school to offer. I can definitely see myself there." :)

Reaction Score
JB is reporting on TOS that UConn coaches have an in-school visit scheduled today w/ junior WR David Njoku of Cedar Grove, N.J.

Interested in UConn, Kent State, UMD, Michigan, Mizzou, NCST, Penn State, Pitt, RU, Temple

From another site:

Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 207 lbs
Position: WR/DB
: * SPEED = 4.50 - 40YD.
: * AGILITY = 4.20 - Shuttle.
: * STRENGTH = 240lbs - BP.
: * POWER = 310lbs - Squat.
: * FST RANKING = NR.

Background: Cedar Grove High School's David Njoku possesses all of the measurables to become an elite receiver at the next level. Njoku's speed, quickness, and playmaking abilities are second to none. He has great burst off the line and the explosivness to score on any play. As a sophomore he had 5 receptions for 88 yards and 1 TD. He got banged up a bit last season and he needs to prove he can be consistent, but everything else is there. This kid's got star written all over him!

Also plays BB (averaging 14.1 reb/gm) and runs track and field.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/david-njoku/

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
According to JB @ Rivals - we have also offered 6-foot-7 and 245 pounds, junior DE Noah Beh of Scranton (Pa.) Prep. Already has offer from temple and the usual eastern cast of characters are sniffing (BC, Cuse, Rutgers, Pitt, Turtle, Penn State, Cincy)

Reaction Score
we offered john thomas. i have def had him on my new england lists but i am big on ct rbs this year. so we offered newsome a while back and now we have offered thomas. i still think outlow is the best one of the whole group and that philips and cooper are worthy of offers also for starters. i just dont get the rb strategy going on right now. new england is so stocked its hard for me to stay in my seat and were going to blow it 90% becuase the staff will be lame duck and we will have a change after year 3. your basically missing the biggest chance u will ever get as a program in new england. if they brought in a new staff now and pitch all the new england kids on the dream team uconn thing anbd landed a good amount of them we could never look back. instead were going to have 5+ 4* type kids in the region next year and just throw it all down the drain. so fustrating. i mean we have 4 rbs in the region who already have bcs offers. 4! thats one position and way before summer camps. i want to hurt some one over this programs stupidy.

we have like 10 RBs on the roster, why see the need to offer more than one this early?

Reaction Score
we offered john thomas. i have def had him on my new england lists but i am big on ct rbs this year. so we offered newsome a while back and now we have offered thomas. i still think outlow is the best one of the whole group and that philips and cooper are worthy of offers also for starters. i just dont get the rb strategy going on right now. new england is so stocked its hard for me to stay in my seat and were going to blow it 90% becuase the staff will be lame duck and we will have a change after year 3. your basically missing the biggest chance u will ever get as a program in new england. if they brought in a new staff now and pitch all the new england kids on the dream team uconn thing anbd landed a good amount of them we could never look back. instead were going to have 5+ 4* type kids in the region next year and just throw it all down the drain. so fustrating. i mean we have 4 rbs in the region who already have bcs offers. 4! thats one position and way before summer camps. i want to hurt some one over this programs stupidy.

I want to make sure I understand your (total lack of) logic on this. You think our AD is a totally incompetent buffoon, and you want him not just to make the decision to fire our football coach at the appropriate time but to base his timing on what future recruiting classes look like? If he's really a buffoon, you would want him to make as few football judgments as possible, not as many. Not to mention, do you think he is out there scouting New England football classes? Or he should just ask you?

Reaction Score
we have 10 on the roster? i swear we have 1 and hes 165lbs.

Obviously I was exaggerating (or maybe not so obvious) but here is a list of our RBs:

Jazzmar Clax
Maz Delorenzo
Martin Hyppolite
Lyle McCombs
Joseph Williams
Josh Marriner (2013)
Scott McCummings (calling a spade a spade)

So that is we'll say 6.5 (counting Scott as a half) so why not put all our chips in with Newsome and hope he comes to UConn

And yes I caught your jab at PP

Reaction Score
he should just ask me. there are 2 or 3 future heisman finalists in new englands 2014 class, i would prefer we had our together before this class gets recruited hard and we land 1 or 2 of them.

Right. But my point is that you know that he should ask you, and i know that he should ask you, but it would be asking a lot to expect him to know that he should ask you.

(And people say I have an ego!)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Right. But my point is that you know that he should ask you, and i know that he should ask you, but it would be asking a lot to expect him to know that he should ask you.

(And people say I have an ego!)

i have a huge ego, so big that i want to hold warde manuels contract extension over his head until he proves to me he can do the job since hes never held one like this before. he has no expierence so i just want to be sure he can do it right and all that.

Reaction Score
i like lyle and i like joe williams. clax can slide into lb depth. max and martin do not do it for me. marriner can slide to db and scott should transfer to umass and qb up there.

outlow and newsome are unique players. florida may just take both of them and laugh at all u guys and our bumaszs coaches. the others are all quality 3* recruits that i would love to have.

Agree on all accounts except if they are going to choose Florida over us there really isn't a damn thing PP or Manti Teos GF can do about it.....just the way it is right now

Reaction Score
RB in NE is loaded and Thomas is probably the best of the bunch going to be a star in college. And I'm not saying that because I think he's going to BC since smart money is on UVA right now. Plus Nick Scott was in MA he's now in VA but he's blowing up. Bama and others sniffing around him.

Reaction Score
hes that good hugh? u would take him over outlow or newsome?

when u get a chance take a look at my new england 2014 thread. think its a page down on the recruit board. would love to hear some names i'm missing as u are usally good for a few in ma....
He's really good going to be a battle for that kid. There all really good backs but Thomas has it all good size went down to the UA combine ran a 4.47 and was wowing everybody down there. Hoping Addazio keeps him home but it won't be easy a lot of talent in the NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom