2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saiheed Sanders takes it in from 15 yards out for Ansonia, Torrington returned the ensuing KO for a TD, Ansonia leads 47-12, 6:31 remaining in 2Q.

Reaction Score
Matos has two catches to get Ansonia to the 5, Newsome scores his 5th TD of the first half, Ansonia 53-12, 2Q.

Reaction Score
Xavier's DeAngelo Berry has 14 carries, 152 yards, 3TD in first half. Xavier leads Notre Dame-WH, 28-0.

Reaction Score
Newsome 9 carries, 197 yards, 5TD in the first half.

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm done updating the Ansonia game. Matos takes a screen pass 45 yards for a TD on the first play of the second half. Ansonia up 60-12, 19s into the second half.

Reaction Score
Ansonia won 66-26. Newsome did not step foot on the field in the second half. Ansonia's 1st team offense ran 16 total plays in the first half, 1 in the second half. In 17 plays, they scored 9 TDs. I believe their longest scoring drive was 3 plays.

Reaction Score
Dravon Henry has a UConn offer according to ESPN. He's a 5'11 180-185 lb Safety from aliquippa, Pa. His offer list include Pitt, Indiana, MD, Mich State, OSU, RU, WVU. He's had 3 family members in the NFL including Darelle Revis. As a soph he had 9 picks in 15 games. Also had 1,466 yards rushing.

Freshmen Highlights:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
A2osB4yCIAAN91Q.jpg:large

these 3 are def 3 of the top 5 in the state for 2014. very impressive. is the xavier kid 13 or 14?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so on twitter i saw a kid post from new haven who is a rb i guess this class.(its not a name we all know as i would have figured it out).

anyway the kid said something like, which school should i pick and had about 7-10 listed including uconn and lville among others. i nicely responded uconn and then tried to make contact but he wasn't interested and ignored the follow request. thats all fine, to each there own and i respect the process with kids at all times.

so who really knows if this is legit or what not but the reason i post is to see if anyone local new haven wise knows anything? potentially if this kid does have the offers he listed and is a 13 rb then we could have a sleeper recruit that the sites are not aware of in our back yard. my thoughts are that most likely he goes to one of the new haven public schools, ndwh, xavier off the top of my head. any other schools i could be missing?

so does anyone here know anything or have any names as possiblities? love a good digg on the recruit trail!

edit- maybe hamden also? possibly #23 on hamden or hamden hall?

Reaction Score
so on twitter i saw a kid post from new haven who is a rb i guess this class.(its not a name we all know as i would have figured it out).

anyway the kid said something like, which school should i pick and had about 7-10 listed including uconn and lville among others. i nicely responded uconn and then tried to make contact but he wasn't interested and ignored the follow request. thats all fine, to each there own and i respect the process with kids at all times.

so who really knows if this is legit or what not but the reason i post is to see if anyone local new haven wise knows anything? potentially if this kid does have the offers he listed and is a 13 rb then we could have a sleeper recruit that the sites are not aware of in our back yard. my thoughts are that most likely he goes to one of the new haven public schools, ndwh, xavier off the top of my head. any other schools i could be missing?

so does anyone here know anything or have any names as possiblities? love a good digg on the recruit trail!

More likely a kid looking for a little attention......but who knows?

Reaction Score
Doubt that this is the same kid...would be a real long shot......not new haven either but.......My father in-law went to a Choate game last week and was raving about some RB that was trucking kids all over the place....I was interested so i looked him up by the program he brought home and recognized the name from a kid on rivals last year.....Jerickson Fredrick....He's from NH...hes added weight....runs at 5'11 215 now........Random and off topic but my father in-law knows HS football well and said he looked like a man amongst boys out there.....Definitely don't think he has crazy offers or anything though.....

Reaction Score
Doubt that this is the same kid...would be a real long shot......not new haven either but.......My father in-law went to a Choate game last week and was raving about some RB that was trucking kids all over the place....I was interested so i looked him up by the program he brought home and recognized the name from a kid on rivals last year.....Jerickson Fredrick....He's from NH...hes added weight....runs at 5'11 215 now........Random and off topic but my father in-law knows HS football well and said he looked like a man amongst boys out there.....Definitely don't think he has crazy offers or anything though.....
I remember that kid... we were recruiting him for the '12 class ( http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut...rick-126108;_ylt=Au06aw7kB7oFpfpV8dfaecEIrpB4 )
His a more current article on him... Appears to be more of a D1AA prospect, but with this guy's perserverence (sp?) wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets a shot to play in Storrs - http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/...te-of-the-Year-Salem-senior-Jerickson-Fedrick

Reaction Score
Ansonia vs Torrington Highlights

Xavier (RB) DeAngelo Berry is a 2013 recruit.

Reaction Score

What was the name?

Reaction Score
Also didn't realize Nigel Beckford (RB/2013) transferred to Episcopal High School in Alexandria, VA. Don't know how I missed that one!!

Reaction Score
What was the name?

HFD... Flip the twitter name if you can find it. My brother has the area high schools nailed. We're heading to Hand (Walsh) versus Hillhouse (Anderson/Cooper) on Friday afternoon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What was the name?

still cant figure it out

Also didn't realize Nigel Beckford (RB/2013) transferred to Episcopal High School in Alexandria, VA. Don't know how I missed that one!!
he is now in the 2014 thread with the move and we are recruiting him

HFD... Flip the twitter name if you can find it. My brother has the area high schools nailed. We're heading to Hand (Walsh) versus Hillhouse (Anderson/Cooper) on Friday afternoon.

go onto my twitter and u will see it. i responded simply "uconn" to his questionbefore failing to make contact. its like "franchise203" or something

as far as i got is that he is #23 on the hamden dragons football team. couldnt find a roster to see anything.

Reaction Score
still cant figure it out

he is now in the 2014 thread with the move and we are recruiting him

go onto my twitter and u will see it. i responded simply "uconn" to his questionbefore failing to make contact. its like "franchise203" or something

as far as i got is that he is #23 on the hamden dragons football team. couldnt find a roster to see anything.

Will do... Hamden ihas been pretty light w/ D1 talent lately, I haven't seen anyone or know anyone w/ that kind of interest.

Reaction Score
It's Durrell Barrett. Played for Hamden in '09 and '10. He was a senior at Notre Dame-WH last season. Not a D1 recruit. The tweet was a hypothetical question.

Reaction Score
It's Durrell Barrett. Played for Hamden in '09 and '10. He was a senior at Notre Dame-WH last season. Not a D1 recruit. The tweet was a hypothetical question.

Dang - Beat me to it...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Dang - Beat me to it...

good looks guys. so if it was just a question then i have to wonder how he came up with the list he did schools wise. i mean akron, uconn and lville in the same grouping? 1 of these doesn't fit. maybe it was a friend of his thats a big time soccer player of something lol. anyway back on the trail. as far as i'm concerned we have 10 slots to fill!

Reaction Score
good looks guys. so if it was just a question then i have to wonder how he came up with the list he did schools wise. i mean akron, uconn and lville in the same grouping? 1 of these doesn't fit. maybe it was a friend of his thats a big time soccer player of something lol. anyway back on the trail. as far as i'm concerned we have 10 slots to fill!

I did some more digging. Barrett may be attending Jireh Prep in NC. There is a picture, on his Facebook page, of what looks to be, him signing a letter of intent with, maybe, a coach, from Jireh Prep??? So I guess it could be possible that some or all of those schools he mentioned, have either expressed interest (which I doubt) or he has contacted them about possibly playing football at those institutions in a year or two. I wasn't able to find a 2012 roster or very much else on Jireh Prep. They do play some of the same schools that Milford Academy does. The alumni list on the football webpage, doesn't exactly equate to players moving on to big time college football programs and Barrett isn't listed on any of the recruiting sites. So, who knows???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom