Xavier Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Team continues to beat itself.

• Heroic amount of missed open shouts
  • Unforced turnovers
  • Napping in the 1st half

Reaction Score
Maybe get 20 reg season wins...overrated and rightfully so bc early wins vs early ranked teams, from fanbase that has been hoping to get back to the land, Reality not great former teams that these guys are compared to would beat by whatever they want. Right path I hope but get to tourney not going anymore than 2nd round. No one on this team is going to NBA , I mean maybe Hawkins but softest team Ive seen in a long time.

Reaction Score
Too large a deficit to overcome! Awful start, gritty comeback that falls short. The return of the dreaded 1-3-1? Was hoping that was retired. This could be a bubble team given how we can’t beat the top BE teams / even at HOME. So much for stacking wins. Now we have to worry about another losing streak.
We need to beat Providence and Marquette at home...or we go home.

Reaction Score
Were back! That second half is UConn baby! This game will be a springboard for us!
souley BOUM FROM WAY DOWNTOWN! BOOM. bruh if we lose to depaul and Georgetown fr I'm not a UConn fan no more im sick of this team. it was at gampel too which is rocking and the crowd is dead ah

Reaction Score
On the plus side, I think Hurley might have figured out how to use Jackson when teams sag off him that much. It took 1.5 games against X. Hopefully, he doesn't revert to something stupid.
Hopefully Jackson is banned from shooting 3s the rest of season. If you can’t make 33 % from 3, you shouldn’t be shooting them.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This team is paper soft...any adversity or any team they have to assert there will on they cant do it....
But down by 17 twice. Cut it to one often.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
This loss, like many close losses in Hurley's tenure, ended the same. With the game up for grabs we don't make winning plays. Just so much left on the table.

The good: Hawk truly looked like a three level NBA prospect. He was a lot of fun to watch tonight. If our offense can start running through him rather than the post, we have a guy that can go off and carry a team through the tounament.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you don’t think there was in game coaching adjustments by Hurley that worked extremely well in the 2nd half, you’re just a hater
Nah, I’m just done seeing the same thing happen every game. That 9-0 start Xavier had without Hurley taking a timeout or telling Jackson to stop shooting buried us.

Every. Team. Since GTown has played us the same and he refuses to change anything up. I’m sorry if I don’t like be content with being below seton hall

Reaction Score
On the plus side, I think Hurley might have figured out how to use Jackson when teams sag off him that much. It took 1.5 games against X. Hopefully, he doesn't revert to something stupid.
It takes Hurley waaaaay to long to figure stuff out in game. I wonder if he calls daddy or JC for advice during halftime. maybe now he understands it’s ok to play zone when needed.

Reaction Score
All this glass 1/2 full stuff. This is UConn, much more is expected. All this is on Hurley, all his players. Lucky for him they can't afford to fire him.

Reaction Score
That’s kind of the opposite of what happened this game, but go off I guess
Im not just talking about this game specifically....Im saying in general. They face a team where they need to come out and be tough and they cant do it.....nice comeback but again...did you win? NOPE. Have you won a tough hard knocks game YET this season? NOPE

My case dismissed....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom