Xavier Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
His first half was not excellent. Letting Jackson put us in a 9-point deficit was not a good look for either of them. After that first 5 minutes, I don't have many complaints.

Should've gone to a zone earlier or played Clingan for shotblocking when they were walking to the rim for and-1s.
That is our captain! His goal tending at the end also screwed us.

Reaction Score
we’re out of the top 25
Glass half full take: last time we were unranked, we rattled off 14 straight.

Team will not enjoy their buy week and that may be a good thing for attitude

Reaction Score
X is freakin good. Glad we made it a game. Props to the crowd. Sucks though we’ll likely fall out of the Top 25 or in the 24-25 range.

Reaction Score
I love this team!

they finally overcame the sense of doom over the last three weeks...watch out Big East and NCAA!
I love your enthusiasm, but it’s tough to swallow going from a #2 ranking and final four thoughts to cheering for moral victories and warning the BE to watch out for the six seed

Reaction Score
What good habits? They don’t put any effort on defense.
When you say they, you mean Sanogo, right?

That ridiculous block contest where he ends up at the FT line while nunge gets a dump pass layup was all I needed to see.

Ugh.

Last edited:

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
That first half was one of their worst, I almost just shut the damn thing off. Play in the 2nd was good excepting Boum coverage for the first 10m letting him hit 5/5 from 3. Frustrating barely covers it.

Upside was seeing Newton drive repeatedly along with Hawkins. Loved that AJ dunk. I saw Sanogo pass - I think it was twice!

Reaction Score
Do teams that were ranked #2 during the season get moral victories? I don’t think so, but that second half is one

Great game Newton. Great second half Hawkins. Good adjustments in the second half to make a comeback and give us a chance

Unfortunately we spotted them a 9-0 lead after 4 minutes and could never fully recover. Maybe the worst first half of the season and we couldn’t dig out of the hole we put ourselves into.

4-0 the next two weeks is a must if we want to be near the top of the conference. Next week should be easy. The week after should be hard. Right now we’re tier 3 in the conference, pushing tier 4. Need to turn it around

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom