Xavier Fans... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier Fans...

Reaction Score
I was on board with that same feeling. Felt we wouldn’t have to wait a year with him in the fold.
Just look at what Jay Wright has done at Nova. Having guys practice for a year learning the system and getting stronger will pay dividends in the future. Cole and Richie will be ballin' right away next season.

Reaction Score
Born & raised in Cincy, UConn fan (long story). Still live in Cincy, went to University of Cincinnati (undergrad) & Xavier (masters), so have a bit of insight into the subject.

Cincy people are passionate (when they are winning) and love to travel to “destinations” (who doesn’t want to escape Ohio).

Good people, but they are also ill informed about other teams / programs. The amount of people I overheard @ the game referencing UConn as “future Big East cellar dwellers”, yelling “welcome to the Big East” and nonsense like that was overbearing.

Xavier isn’t a natural rival, but like the Bearcats, you can feel some tough battles brewing.

Regardless, excited to show Xavier what it actually means to be part of the Big East. We’re bringing in the talent, need to get more physical, but it’s coming.

Future is bright, go Huskies!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Born & raised in Cincy, UConn fan (long story). Still live in Cincy, went to University of Cincinnati (undergrad) & Xavier (masters), so have a bit of insight into the subject.

Cincy people are passionate (when they are winning) and love to travel to “destinations” (who doesn’t want to escape Ohio).

Good people, but they are also ill informed about other teams / programs. The amount of people I overheard @ the game referencing UConn as “future Big East cellar dwellers”, yelling “welcome to the Big East” and nonsense like that was overbearing.

Xavier isn’t a natural rival, but like the Bearcats, you can feel some tough battles brewing.

Regardless, excited to show Xavier what it actually means to be part of the Big East. We’re bringing in the talent, need to get more physical, but it’s coming.

Future is bright, go Huskies!
Thanks for posting. I'm curious as to the backstory of how you became a UConn fan...

Reaction Score
He made a nice play there but damn Carlton is slow. He had 10 feet of space when he got the ball.
Yes, it was a good block but he also got the resulting fast break lay up. In my past life I coached and players like him I loved. I see that hustle in Akok as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For the record, Ollie was honing in on that “kill” stuff way back in 2013. That coach isnt some kind of genius.

Calhoun used it too. I'm guessing the concept has been around for a long time.

Reaction Score
Most Xavier fans that I met were fine except for one annoying in front of me. But he was drunk so I let it slide. Combined, we kept the beer lines long. So they are passionate and like to drink. I can live with that. But I’m just a 60 year old UConn fan.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Let’s go x is such a stupid chant
Yeah it sounds like a fill in the blank. It needs instructions like "Place the team of your choice in the 'X'."

Reaction Score
I don't think Xavier will last long in the top 20. Way too many flaws.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think Xavier will last long in the top 20. Way too many flaws.

I disagree. Very experienced, veteran team with all the right pieces. They blew out Towson and will have a good shot to beat Florida tomorrow. I think we focus too much on having NBA caliber players and not enough on experience. Xavier will run into teams that are just better, but they will be a tough out for everyone.

Reaction Score
I somehow sat surrounded by Xavier fans. Literally all of them certainly had to show an AARP card to get in. Have you ever seen 70 year old men throw tantrums at refs before, over every play? How about dance and say “bye bye bye” to 19/20 year old kids who foul out? Lastly...Xavier fans actually were getting mad that their own fans were standing and cheering, they’re own fans. They almost fought each other cuz they wanted everyone to sit. Not to mention most of them cleared out during the first overtime because it was getting late, not even kidding.

TLDR; Xavier fans are the worst

When the X fans were really getting annoying and single lone weirdos started their own hate cheers in our direction, I heard a UConn fan say "Xavier fans are just old fat weirdos, thats it" and never have I heard truer words spoken through beer in TD Arena at 1030pm on a Friday night

Reaction Score
Can’t disagree more. They are amazing. Hung out with them post game tonight in Charleston and all they had was love. Tons of “welcome back” about the Big East. Tons of mutual admiration. They are supportive of their guys and they should be. I will root for them in any game they play outside of games with our Huskies. Xavier is first class.

Picture how not like this they would've been had WE won the game...

Reaction Score
The more rivalries the better, but I will say that there may not have been a fan base (outside of Nova) that was more excited to have us come home than them. Plus, it’s gotta be tough having to come to CT to get there best player (good job Ollie...).
Tons of Xavier fans came over to me in Charleston and told me how excited they were that UCONN is coming back to big east

Reaction Score
I was as the game, I had an overall pleasant experience with Xavier fans. I would say the ones over 65 were angry, nasty people but the ones middle-aged heading towards college-age were actually extremely fun to talk with.

FWIW, on Xavier fans on social media also seem great, unlike many AAC fan bases.

Everyone bonded over a mutual hatred of the Bearcats, which is the correct take to have.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Picture how not like this they would've been had WE won the game...

Ehhh maybe. But I saw them pregame too and they were telling us good luck. They’ve been super cool on Twitter. Probably the happiest fan base that we are back in the Big East and we never even shared a league with them.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was as the game, I had an overall pleasant experience with Xavier fans. I would say the ones over 65 were angry, nasty people but the ones middle-aged heading towards college-age were actually extremely fun to talk with

Yeah, I only encountered one unpleasant one. He was about early 60s so right around the demographic you mention. He came up to us in the beer line and asked if it was the line for beer. A guy we were hanging out with saw his X shirt and jokingly was like “no, the Xavier beer line is over there” and pointed at the entrance to the adjacent women’s bathroom. Innocent joke. The guy got all crotchety like he was angry at the joke and was like “women’s bathroom, huh? Who’s up on the scoreboard?” I responded with “how did it feel when you watched Xavier play in the Final Four?” He hmmmphed and walked away, never answering my question.

I suppose it felt foreign to him.

Reaction Score
When the X fans were really getting annoying and single lone weirdos started their own hate cheers in our direction, I heard a UConn fan say "Xavier fans are just old fat weirdos, thats it" and never have I heard truer words spoken through beer in TD Arena at 1030pm on a Friday night

Are you talking about those d bags that were sitting in the corner on the UConn side?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I only encountered one unpleasant one. He was about early 60s so right around the demographic you mention. He came up to us in the beer line and asked if it was the line for beer. A guy we were hanging out with saw his X shirt and jokingly was like “no, the Xavier beer line is over there” and pointed at the entrance to the adjacent women’s bathroom. Innocent joke. The guy got all crotchety like he was angry at the joke and was like “women’s bathroom, huh? Who’s up on the scoreboard?” I responded with “how did it feel when you watched Xavier play in the Final Four?” He hmmmphed and walked away, never answering my question.

I suppose it felt foreign to him.
I had an entertaining experience with this goblin-esque X fan near a beer line. Skinny-fat, as in thin arms/legs but a weird goblin belly, wearing a visor and acting like he was at mardi gras. The most coked up looking I've ever seen a person in my life, he looked like a descendant of the yellow goblin guy from Sin City. He looked disturbed and was like leaning back and forth, grasping on to any X fans that walked by and making them uncomfortable by associating with them.

Later on I was describing this guy to friends I was with and some of them had their own stories of encountering him. I guess he was screaming something incoherent in the stairs between sections on the side opposite the benches. There were some good fans who were fun to jab and joke about hating each other with, but honestly a lot of their fans creeped me out. The barking didn't help, I just didn't understand why a team that doesn't have a dog as a mascot was barking at us

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Are you talking about those d bags that were sitting in the corner on the UConn side?

I remember those guys lol. I remember yelling at them at one point "Who is that ugly woman shouting in our direction?" And every time we gestured "4" with our hands they would run out of things to say and shout "AAC". Do those idiots even know we are about to be in the same conference?

Reaction Score
What about the UConn fan behind the team bench that got kicked out of the arena during both Thursday and Friday night Games for being drunk and obnoxious to UConn fans.....I did not see him at Sunday’s game unless he was in a different section.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom