Xavier Fans... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Xavier Fans...

Reaction Score
If Xavier typically has inside bruisers like Cincy we're going to have rough games with them unless Hurley starts recruiting skilled power forwards with some bulk.

Tough loss last night, but it was a fun game to watch on a Friday night. Both schools have rabid fanbases. Nice prelude to future NBE matchups.

Reaction Score
They have t-shirts with “X gonna give it to you”.

it doesn’t work though. DMX is pure hood. 40 middle-aged, middle/upper class white people trying to co-sign DMX never works.
They prolly have no idea who he is or the origins of the song. So funny. Love when I see hip hop sprinkled into mainstream culture now and most people have no clue of the origins. Sorry just amuses me.

Reaction Score
They prolly have no idea who he is or the origins of the song. So funny. Love when I see hip hop sprinkled into mainstream culture now and most people have no clue of the origins. Sorry just amuses me.
So awkward- I love when that garbage makes its way into a corporate presentation. I remember sitting in a meeting and someone made a slide that literally was called the “money shot”. He meant “the money slide” but... I and several others were crying from laughing so hard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If Xavier typically has inside bruisers like Cincy we're going to have rough games with them unless Hurley starts recruiting skilled power forwards with some bulk.

Tough loss last night, but it was a fun game to watch on a Friday night. Both schools have rabid fanbases. Nice prelude to future NBE matchups.
JFB and Richie Springs are in the fold. Springs would have really helped the team today. Can’t believe the game ended around 1:00AM.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
JFB and Richie Springs are in the fold. Springs would have really helped the team today. Can’t believe the game ended around 1:00AM.

And people were laughing at me that i was so pissed about the academic disqual. smh

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And people were laughing at me that i was so pissed about the academic disqual. smh
I was on board with that same feeling. Felt we wouldn’t have to wait a year with him in the fold.

Reaction Score
Loved the energy of our fans. I get so frustrated at XL and gampel sometimes but the last 2 games were awesome. We definitely were louder than xavier. I have absolutely no voice today and bruised my hands from clapping....hopefully we bring that energy for Miami.

Reaction Score
Kudos to our fans they were great. Especially the dude ripping his jacket and shirt off and yelling at the X fans in a late TO visual. Was it any of you?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They were dealt a tough card. Try working “Xavier” into a catchy cheer.

Click bottles and chant "Xavieeeeer.....come out and playeeaaay" like the dude in Warriors.

Doesn't really work, but it made me chuckle thinking about it. Would be better to use as an opposing fanbase really.

Reaction Score
I clapped so violently after losing my voice....I got a palm bruise....#notacasualfan
IMG_20191123_132512_590.jpg

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I kinda liked the barking on 3 kills chant. On tv, although it was against us, it sounded intimidating. You need a bucket and failed the last two possessions. It’s not easy to commit to either, As a fan, unless you’ve seen success. Can’t give up big buckets or the chant fizzles. Their players feed off it. I can appreciate that. I’m sure it’s pretty intense on campus, vs a neutral arena too.

Reaction Score
I kinda liked the barking on 3 kills chant. On tv, although it was against us, it sounded intimidating. You need a bucket and failed the last two possessions. It’s not easy to commit to either, As a fan, unless you’ve seen success. Can’t give up big buckets or the chant fizzles. Their players feed off it. I can appreciate that. I’m sure it’s pretty intense on campus, vs a neutral arena too.
TBH it sounded a lot better than I was expecting. On campus, so far, it's mostly student-led. Not as easy to get the older alumni into it, but the people going on these trips are definitely more of the die-hard variety.

I personally like it. They sold it as the equivalent to a third down in football and, even though it opens us up to a little ridicule, I'm a fan. Keeps the crowd engaged and our players clearly like it. win-win

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Their fans showed up in big numbers. I was at Florida vs Miami and they easily outnumbered either of those two schools. UConn and Xavier had the biggest presence. Xavier fans I met were totally cool. Most were excited that UConn was “back” and looked forward to playing us. These people love college hoops. We should be able to relate. They were everywhere in Charleston all weekend.

Side note, dance squad was hot. Maybe better than Florida’s, it’s close.

I hope they destroy Florida. Towson and Buffalo were down to the wire, they beat Towson by 20. So let’s not dismiss our 2OT 1 point loss to this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom