Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT

Which P6 Conference will have the best winning percentage when the tournament ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
This is going to sound weird, but I think Iowa is both better than almost anyone else in the SEC and would finish 4th or 5th in the conference.

What I mean is, if every team in the sport played every other team 100 times, I think Iowa would have a better record than almost any SEC team other than South Carolina. They’d have one of the best records in the nation. But I also think Iowa would finish outside the top two of the conference because the sort of teams that are challenging matchups for Iowa are found throughout the SEC. They’d bomb someone out of the building one night, but the next night might run into a game like Georgia, but on the road or with a mid-January home crowd.

Matchups matter. As an example in the other direction, I didn’t want any part of UCLA as our 4, even though I believe Iowa is an objectively better team than the Bruins.

A lot of Carolina fans want to play Iowa not because of any animosity for the team or their fans, but because we honestly believe Aliyah Boston has been the best player in the nation for four years, yet she had to take a backseat to Ionesco, then Bueckers, and now Clarke. They’re all incredible players, but a lot of our fans believe or suspect there are other subconscious motivations for some journalistic preferences there. We can’t play the first two, but we can play Clarke.

I’m sorry if it seems like I’m harsh on Iowa, but I hope this helps explain the thinking a little bit.

Well it's not Angel Reese the media is pumping, I'll tell you that.

I think Clark is probably the right choice for the award and I have no real animosity of particular desire to play Iowa though.

I do think it's a bad matchup for Iowa.

I do also have a certain level of concern for UCLA. I rewatched that one and it wasn't good for Carolina and some of it (guard play) may be hard to stop a second time.

Reaction Score

CD8651A9-2D17-44FD-B0CD-077B9A94A24F.jpeg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford losing really hurt, but Colorado upsetting Duke saves a bit of face for the Pac 12. They've got 2 (and probably 3 w/ UCLA comfortably ahead) in the Sweet 16. Utah and Colorado being those 2 is maybe a bit surprising.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So am I right that
Big 12 finishes the NCAA with a record of 3-6 for a 33.3%.

ACC is at 10-4 with 4 teams in the S16
Big East is at 5-3 with 2 teams in the S16 (St Johns with the play-in win.)
Big10 is at 8-4 with 3 teams in S16 (two loses in play-in games)
Pac 12 is at 8-4 with 3 teams in S16
SEC is at 12-3 with 4 teams in S16 (MsSt won a play-in game)

Greenville 1 and Seattle 3 brackets are in intact heading to the S16 with seeds 1-4.

Greenville 2 has 9 seed Miami crashing the party by ousting #1 Indiana on their home court.

Greenville 4 has been blown up with only #2 seed Iowa making it through the first weekend. #5 Louisville, #6 Colorado, and #8 Ole Miss have expelled #4 Texas, #3 Duke, and #1 Stanford respectively on their home courts.

Interesting to note that though the teams have change, based on seeding the Pac 12 has 3 teams into the S16 as expected, as does the BE, the ACC and SEC have one more each than expected. The Big10 and Big 12 each one less than expected.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well it's not Angel Reese the media is pumping, I'll tell you that.

I think Clark is probably the right choice for the award and I have no real animosity of particular desire to play Iowa though.

I do think it's a bad matchup for Iowa.

I do also have a certain level of concern for UCLA. I rewatched that one and it wasn't good for Carolina and some of it (guard play) may be hard to stop a second time.
UCLA scares me to death. I know Maryland’s undersized, but we got the 2* and the 4 I most wanted to avoid.

*Figure we’ll have to beat UConn to win the title regardless, so preferred getting them in Greenville than the Final Four.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Iowa recruit differently now? Most of the big ten is obviously built for the regular season, though Iowa has a singular talent Indiana lacks.
That would be an interesting question for the coaches. I'm just here supporting from the sidelines and appreciating the string of success they've put together over the past 7-8 seasons well before Clark got to campus.

"Built for regular season." Well -- you have to win those games to even make the postseason and get a decent seed lol.

Not sure I agree that Indiana lacks a singular talent when they have a 1st team All American on their roster. Shame she was not at 100% health to end the season.

Reaction Score
That would be an interesting question for the coaches. I'm just here supporting from the sidelines and appreciating the string of success they've put together over the past 7-8 seasons well before Clark got to campus.

"Built for regular season." Well -- you have to win those games to even make the postseason and get a decent seed lol.

Not sure I agree that Indiana lacks a singular talent when they have a 1st team All American on their roster. Shame she was not at 100% health to end the season.
I'd put Holmes in the Hailey Van Lith tier (I know Hailey Van Lith hasn't made AA, but Holmes hadn't at the same point either). Both are great players, but not quite national POY level.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I'd put Holmes in the Hailey Van Lith tier (I know Hailey Van Lith hasn't made AA, but Holmes hadn't at the same point either). Both are great players, but not quite national POY level.
I did not say Holmes is POY level either but she's in a totally different category than Hailey "Miss Honorable Mention" Van Lith.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For those that did not stay up for the last game of the night, UO vs UCLA, ESPN showed the UO coaches daughter, who was miked up for the game. She reminded me so much of when KLS was that age and was watching her older sisters games.

Reaction Score
For those that did not stay up for the last game of the night, UO vs UCLA, ESPN showed the UO coaches daughter, who was miked up for the game. She reminded me so much of when KLS was that age and was watching her older sisters games.

Just too adorable. The funny part was calling the fouls. Poor kid will learn soon enough. A two-hour game could become a four-hour game if the officials called every foul. :D

Reaction Score
My Big Ten teams are hanging in there. Stunned that Indiana lost. Miami was just shooting the lights out.

Reaction Score
Why doesn’t Iowa recruit differently now? Most of the big ten is obviously built for the regular season, though Iowa has a singular talent Indiana lacks.
Recruiting is not Iowa's problem. They are an offense first team. That is what gives them the high ceiling and low floor.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, my math has SEC with 11-3 (SC/LSU/TN/Ole Miss each have 2-0, MSU has 2-1, GA has 1-1, AL was 0-1). Where is the 12th @UcMiami ?

SEC 11-3 leads the way with .786 with 4 teams left
ACC 10-4 is 2nd with .714 with 4 teams left
Big 10 and PAC12 both 8-4 are .667 with 3 teams left each
Big East is 5-3 and .625 with 2 teams left
Big 12 is 3-6 and .333 all teams eliminated

For Friday, Louisville is favored over Ole Miss by 4.5, Nova -3.5 over Miami, LSU -3.5 over Utah, Iowa -5.5 over Colorado
For Saturday, UConn -7.5 over tOSU, Maryland -1.5 over ND, SC -13.5 over UCLA and the surprise Tennesse -.5 over Va Tech

SEC is favored in 3 games
Big East in 2 games
Big 10 in 2 games
ACC in 1 game
PAC12 is not favored in any games

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Using the player efficiency stat, it's not even close. Van Lith is so overrated and her ceiling this year is lucky to be an Honorable Mention AA player. Holmes on the other hand was worthy of 1st consideration. Holmes elevated her team higher as well. Van Lith was not good in 3 point shooting nor FG% plus her assists per game were atrocious.
Here's the stats to prove my point.

WCBB Player comp.PNG

Reaction Score
Ok, my math has SEC with 11-3 (SC/LSU/TN/Ole Miss each have 2-0, MSU has 2-1, GA has 1-1, AL was 0-1). Where is the 12th @UcMiami ?

For Friday, Louisville is favored over Ole Miss by 4.5, Nova -3.5 over Miami, LSU -3.5 over Utah, Iowa -5.5 over Colorado
For Saturday, UConn -7.5 over tOSU, Maryland -1.5 over ND, SC -13.5 over UCLA and the surprise Tennesse -.5 over Va Tech

Big East in 2 games
Big 10 in 2 games
ACC in 1 game
I think the Colorado vs Iowa game spread will elicit a lot of bets for Colorado.

Reaction Score

Big East in 2 games
Big 10 in 2 games
ACC in 1 game
But they ain’t played nobody! is favored by 3.5 over a higher seed? That’s unpossible!

Reaction Score
Here we go with more Hailey Van Lith bashing. Well, she gets it done at Tourney time. 20+ in 5 of their last 6 games, and they keep winning.
Yeah, tried to make it clear I was just going for another well known player I’d put in roughly the same category. Fwiw, Mackenzie Holmes wasn’t an AA as a junior either

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, tried to make it clear I was just going for another well known player I’d put in roughly the same category. Fwiw, Mackenzie Holmes wasn’t an AA as a junior either
I didn't take your post as bashing. I probably overreacted to a different poster. My bad.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Here we go with more Hailey Van Lith bashing. Well, she gets it done at Tourney time. 20+ in 5 of their last 6 games, and they keep winning.
For what it worth, her efficiency is not good so you can call what you want but Hailey is not worthy of 1st, 2nd or 3rd team consideration from an All-America perspective. For that matter neither was Zia Cooke but at least her team won the regular season and Conference Tournament titles (and is the #1 team) whereas Louisville hasn’t even been ranked in the top 25since week 4 (14 weeks ago or 3.5 months) and finished tied for 4th in her conference. If anyone has a right to complain it is Jordan Horston whose stats are far superior to both Van Lith and Cooke.
All this does not mean Van Lith is not a very good basketball player, she is, she just isn’t as “elite” as she thinks she is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom