Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT

Which P6 Conference will have the best winning percentage when the tournament ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The rule of thumb for home-court advantage is that it's worth about three points. Massey specifically calculates it for each team and comes up with 2.7 for Iowa. Iowa won by eight, so I think it's possible to see something other than just home-court advantage. I'm not suggesting home-court advantage hurt but it's not obvious that it made the difference.
Georgia's choking and 2 technical fouls in the last 4 seconds of the game is what made the point spread difference. On a neutral court it would be a toss up.

Reaction Score
Georgia also kept it close at home vs. SC until the 4th. They're not chopped liver. Iowa would finish much better than 5th in the SEC.
I don't know where Iowa would finish. I know where they would not finish. They would have to get a lot more physical to adapt to the SEC.

Last edited:

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Did Iowa sell all of its allotment or were all tickets sold? Tournament games are NCAA games, not Iowa or UConn or South Carolina games. Ticket allotments have to be set aside for each team in the pod. If the team doesn’t sell its allotment the school can buy them and give them away or turn them back in to be sold. It’s almost impossible for every seat to be filled for this reason.

Kudos to Iowa fans for buying up unused tickets. Scalpers love tournaments especially after the first day, after a losing team’s fans dump their tickets
Iowa sold all of it's allotment within 53 minutes of going on sale, any tickets returned were all sold to the general public. The prices tickets were going for were the highest of all host sites too.

Reaction Score
Iowa loses at Georgia. Heck, they might have lost with a normal home crowd instead of 119 decibels in the final seconds.

Good news is Iowa’s path is clear to prove everyone wrong.

I was pulling for Georgia, but it is better for the sport that Iowa won the game. If SC was to get to the final 4, I would rather play Iowa than any team left from the SEC.

Reaction Score
The rule of thumb for home-court advantage is that it's worth about three points. Massey specifically calculates it for each team and comes up with 2.7 for Iowa. Iowa won by eight, so I think it's possible to see something other than just home-court advantage. I'm not suggesting home-court advantage hurt but it's not obvious that it made the difference.
Lol either you didn’t watch the game or you’re one of the hyperpartisans I’m talking about. That was not an eight point game. It was less than two possessions throughout.

Reaction Score
I was pulling for Georgia, but it is better for the sport that Iowa won the game. If SC was to get to the final 4, I would rather play Iowa than any team left from the SEC.
When my team is still in the tourney, idc what’s better for the sport.

I’m also glad Iowa won. Most South Carolina fans have wanted Iowa for a couple years, and I’m sure Iowa fans want to show us how stupid we are. If both teams win two more, we’ll both get what we want.

Reaction Score
Lol either you didn’t watch the game or you’re one of the hyperpartisans I’m talking about. That was not an eight point game. It was less than two possessions throughout.
Iowa had a 10 point lead multiple times. Plus they were missing their post back up who plays starter minutes and , imo ,is their most important player (outside of Clark).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Iowa sold all of it's allotment within 53 minutes of going on sale, any tickets returned were all sold to the general public. The prices tickets were going for were the highest of all host sites too.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa had a 10 point lead multiple times. Plus they were missing their post back up who plays starter minutes and , imo ,is their most important player (outside of Clark).
We were also effectively missing our sole backup guard (Molly Davis) who was limited to just 1 minute after suffering an ankle injury in the first quarter.

When my team is still in the tourney, idc what’s better for the sport.

I’m also glad Iowa won. Most South Carolina fans have wanted Iowa for a couple years, and I’m sure Iowa fans want to show us how stupid we are. If both teams win two more, we’ll both get what we want.
As an Iowa fan I would be thrilled to get absolutely thrashed by South Carolina... because that would mean we made the Final Four to begin with! :D

In all seriousness though there's no way realistic Iowa could hang with SC. Maybe we'd win 1 game out of 10 thanks to a very very hot shooting night from 3. South Carolina is just a whole different machine than anyone else in the NCAA right now, and the acclaim they're getting is fully deserved.

Reaction Score
A
We were also effectively missing our sole backup guard (Molly Davis) who was limited to just 1 minute after suffering an ankle injury in the first quarter.

As an Iowa fan I would be thrilled to get absolutely thrashed by South Carolina... because that would mean we made the Final Four to begin with! :D

In all seriousness though there's no way realistic Iowa could hang with SC. Maybe we'd win 1 game out of 10 thanks to a very very hot shooting night from 3. South Carolina is just a whole different machine than anyone else in the NCAA right now, and the acclaim they're getting is fully deserved.
Are you an Iowa and Indiana fan? If so what do you do when they play each other.

Reaction Score

This is going to sound weird, but I think Iowa is both better than almost anyone else in the SEC and would finish 4th or 5th in the conference.

What I mean is, if every team in the sport played every other team 100 times, I think Iowa would have a better record than almost any SEC team other than South Carolina. They’d have one of the best records in the nation. But I also think Iowa would finish outside the top two of the conference because the sort of teams that are challenging matchups for Iowa are found throughout the SEC. They’d bomb someone out of the building one night, but the next night might run into a game like Georgia, but on the road or with a mid-January home crowd.

Matchups matter. As an example in the other direction, I didn’t want any part of UCLA as our 4, even though I believe Iowa is an objectively better team than the Bruins.

A lot of Carolina fans want to play Iowa not because of any animosity for the team or their fans, but because we honestly believe Aliyah Boston has been the best player in the nation for four years, yet she had to take a backseat to Ionesco, then Bueckers, and now Clarke. They’re all incredible players, but a lot of our fans believe or suspect there are other subconscious motivations for some journalistic preferences there. We can’t play the first two, but we can play Clarke.

I’m sorry if it seems like I’m harsh on Iowa, but I hope this helps explain the thinking a little bit.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A lot of Carolina fans want to play Iowa not because of any animosity for the team or their fans, but because we honestly believe Aliyah Boston has been the best player in the nation for four years, yet she had to take a backseat to Ionesco, then Bueckers, and now Clarke.
A Freshman Boston better than a Senior Ionesu?! That's an interesting take.

Reaction Score
Ohio State becomes the 3rd team to reach the Sweet 16. Indiana has yet to play. UNC/tOSU was a really entertaining game.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Ohio State becomes the 3rd team to reach the Sweet 16. Indiana has yet to play. UNC/tOSU was a really entertaining game.
OhSU letting a 12 point fourth quarter lead trickle away was nuts. Thought they had choked the game away. But Jacy Sheldon saved them once again with 2 buckets in the final minute. Multiple mental mistakes from both teams in those final 45 seconds made for a sloppy but exciting end.

Reaction Score
A Freshman Boston better than a Senior Ionesu?! That's an interesting take.
I have NEVER heard any SC fan say Aliyah was better than Sabrina. NEVER. Now would we beat Oregon? yes, but the player battle, no. The fact that she has been in the top 4 for POY for 3 years, then yes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe the ACC was a bit underlooked? Some of their teams are showing out here in Round 2.

Reaction Score
Oh definitely. 2 number one seeds losing at home is unprecedented.
Can’t say I’m overly surprised about either team losing though, both haven’t been playing well as of late

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom