Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT

Which P6 Conference will have the best winning percentage when the tournament ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
SEC 1-0
Big Ten 0-1

Kinda surprised me last night.
Really? Just wait til you see Georgia’s second game.

This was the weakest SEC I can ever remember, but that doesn’t mean I expect our middle of the pack teams to lose to equivalent programs in the Big Ten. The conference was down, not collapsing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've hammered the SEC for their recent Tourney performances, so only fair I give them credit for their showings so far this year. Especially Mississippi St.

Reaction Score
I guess Mississippi State heard somebody calling them "mediocre." :) Just having fun. This is the time of the season when anything can happen. Creighton had a great year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yo, Iowans. Way to turn out for the Georgia vs. FSU game. Over 14,000 - 96% capacity to watch two teams from 1,000 miles away.

Impressive!
Iowa as a state has always done well by non-Iowa schools in the NCAA at first weekend/regional WCBB tournaments. True for most of the mid-western states - helps not to have competition from most professional sports I think, so the college sports are big time EVENTS

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I guess Mississippi State heard somebody calling them "mediocre." :) Just having fun. This is the time of the season when anything can happen. Creighton had a great year.
They were playing possum, they fooled me. Nah, I'll eat some crow. They are playing some good ball now. Kudos to them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pac 12 teams taking care of business so far. Utah and Stanford both looked a bit vulnerable at times but ended up cruising to wins by large margins. Stanford in particular, with no Brink today they went deep into their bench and got good contributions from a bunch of different players. That;s what's so puzzling about them at times this year, so much talent up and down their roster, they shouldn't have had the struggles that they did at times.

USC still playiing, in a tight game with South Dakota St.

Reaction Score
Pac 12 teams taking care of business so far. Utah and Stanford both looked a bit vulnerable at times but ended up cruising to wins by large margins. Stanford in particular, with no Brink today they went deep into their bench and got good contributions from a bunch of different players. That;s what's so puzzling about them at times this year, so much talent up and down their roster, they shouldn't have had the struggles that they did at times.

USC still playiing, in a tight game with South Dakota St.
Yeah both teams (Utah and Stanford) looked sluggish in their matchups coming out the gate. But like you said, both teams got it together to pull away. I can't believe ESPN cut away from the OT game of USC/South Dakota State.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like the Jackrabbits are on their way to Round 2.

Worth noting in Utah's win, Pili missed a triple double by 2 rebounds and 2 assists. 33 points on 12-17 shooting. Her improvement this year has been stunning to me. I can't think who the other candidates would be, she's gotta be right there for most improved in the country.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How is that game still going? OT must've lasted about 30 minutes.

Okay, it's finally over. South Dakota St. 62-57. I thought it was over 10 or 15 minutes ago.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's weird that in what has generally been considered a down season for the SEC they are having their best showing in the NCAA Tourney in a number of years.

Reaction Score
It's weird that in what has generally been considered a down season for the SEC they are having their best showing in the NCAA Tourney in a number of years.
Every SEC that won today has the benefit of a good coach that is relatively new to the school. Miss state has their best coach since Vic left. Mulkey's record speaks for itself. Abrasom brings a defensive nastiness that forces everyone to adopt and Coach Yo is in her 4th year and just keeps improving. It will be interesting to see how many of these teams make it to the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
SEC is probably a bit better than many give credit for although the top part of the conference (the heavy hitters minus SC) probably are not as strong as some of the other conferences heavy hitters (PAC12, Big 10) but the core part of it is definitely pretty solid with some good teams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I thought the SEC was stronger as a whole last year but a lot of times it comes down to matchups and getting hot at the right time. Great start for the conference going 6-0.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stinking Washington St. They are a thorn in the side of the rest of the Pac 12, but they never do anything in the Tourney. Heading toward 0-3 in the Big Dance under Ethridge. I didn't like that matchup with Florida Gulf Coast. Always a dangerous team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's definitely not gonna be the Big 12 with the best winning%, but we all knew that already!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wait, somebody actually voted for the Big 12! That was some hopeless optimism. 0-3 and well on the way to 0-4 already.

Reaction Score
Alabama Coach should be embarrassed choking away an 18 point lead like that. They have a 3 point lead under a minute to go and repeatedly hacked Baylor multiple times to send them to the line when they were never attempting to shoot. Twice on an inbound play and on a rebound

Big comeback win for Baylor. Andrews, Bickle and Asberry with big games

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oops, I jumped the gun on that one. I'm torn, because I don't like Baylor, but the SEC has been doing way too well in the Tourney for my liking.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado on their way to their first Tourney win since 2003. Not a perfect opening round for the Pac 12, but mostly looking pretty good.

Reaction Score
Really? Just wait til you see Georgia’s second game.

This was the weakest SEC I can ever remember, but that doesn’t mean I expect our middle of the pack teams to lose to equivalent programs in the Big Ten. The conference was down, not collapsing.
If you really look at it Alabama, MSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Vandy are all better than they were last year. The narrative is that because they are not rank the conference is weaker. It didn't help that a lot of the members had a weak out of conference schedule.

Reaction Score
If you really look at it Alabama, MSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Vandy are all better than they were last year. The narrative is that because they are not rank the conference is weaker. It didn't help that a lot of the members had a weak out of conference schedule.
I really think the narrative was set when Tennessee played a way too TOUGH schedule and lost and LSU’s schedule was ridiculously easy. People didn’t really know. Round 2 begins tomorrow. Good luck!

Reaction Score
I really think the narrative was set when Tennessee played a way too TOUGH schedule and lost and LSU’s schedule was ridiculously easy. People didn’t really know. Round 2 begins tomorrow. Good luck!
Bingo!

Reaction Score
SEC is probably a bit better than many give credit for although the top part of the conference (the heavy hitters minus SC) probably are not as strong as some of the other conferences heavy hitters (PAC12, Big 10) but the core part of it is definitely pretty solid with some good teams.
I actually picked Tennessee to go pretty far.

Very curious to see Ole Miss-Stanford.

Reaction Score
I think the SEC was down. But in this down SEC, Iowa would finish around 5th or 6th.

Elite midmajor style ball is still midmajor. Doesn’t travel outside the midwest.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom