What are you binge watching? | Page 41 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Best Star War series imo. Just finished the final episode of season 1. Very compelling. Hopefully season 2 will be just as well written and directed.

Andor is fantastic. Inspired me to rewatch Rogue One.

I'm in the middle of a thousand shows. The most recent one I started is Shantaram with Charlie Hunnam on AppleTV -- I read the book so I know there's going to be a lot to see.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Finished White Lotus Season 1. The final episode kind of sucked, but maybe it doesn't matter. I have to think about it some more.

Fleischman in Trouble (Hulu) - is promising, but I know a bit about the book and I am not sure the show will be able to pull it off.

Just started Fleishman. 2 episodes in. My wife read it but I didn't. If the titular character is supposed to be this whiny, Eisenberg was perfect casting.

White Lotus season 2 is probably better than 1. I'm one ep behind in S2 but I expect there to be some big bombshells based on what happened in the last ep I watched.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Finished Wednesday.
I finished too. Thought it maybe went just a tiny bit over the top at the end, but there were some beats it hit that were well earned.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm in the middle of a thousand shows. The most recent one I started is Shantaram with Charlie Hunnam on AppleTV -- I read the book so I know there's going to be a lot to see.
Rogue One was good. The Clone Wars animated show was really quite good. Solo was better than people thought. The shows that do a deeper dive into the larger story, [how an immense galaxy wide empire imposes its will, and how people at all levels of society find ways to resist that], tend to be good. It's why fans are drawn to Ashoka for example.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ancient Apocalypse. Netflix. It’s quite interesting, and while I tend to be skeptical of everything it’s not baseless. Essentially this archeologist thinks there is evidence that humans had a fairly advanced civilization much earlier than is beloved. The end of the Ice age caused cataclysmic events that largely wiped it out. Some survivors encountered other civilizations and helped them build things and advance. He’s working with some impressive scientist and experts in each location he visits, and there certainly seem to be some questions raised about the established view.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Re: White Lotus S1, I thought the finale episode was perfectly fine. Pretty in-line with the series overall in that it was all a little crazy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Old Man

Just started this. It appears to be the standard old agent in hiding who is forced out of hiding drama. But it’s stars Jeff Bridges, so I figured it was worth of work. So far there’s some good dialogue and decent action.

It’s worth taking a look at.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Old Man

Just started this. It appears to be the standard old agent in hiding who is forced out of hiding drama. But it’s stars Jeff Bridges, so I figured it was worth of work. So far there’s some good dialogue and decent action.

It’s worth taking a look at.
I tried and found the first episode so boring I never went back. There's slow (Andor started slow) and then there's watching grass grow slow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I tried and found the first episode so boring I never went back. There's slow (Andor started slow) and then there's watching grass grow slow.
It is slow. I would say it’s more suspense than action, but then there is one good action sequence per show. So far, I’m interested enough to get to the first episode.

I don’t have Disney+, though I think it’s inevitable I’ll get the Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN plus bundle, so I have only watched the first two episodes of Andor. It was slow, but it seemed like it had potential.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It got better, IMHO.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
George and Tammy is very good. The story is not that original, and is basically "A Star is Born", in real life 1960's Tennessee, but Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain are amazing. Shannon in particular needs to make the audience care about someone that was just a nasty, raging alcoholic, and he has pulled it off so far. The real-life George Jones really was just a piece of garbage. Chastain is awesome too, making her love for Jones believable and understandable despite how useless he was by the beginning of the 1970's. Chastain's Tammy Wynnette is more complex than your typical "why is she with him" heroine, which adds a lot of depth to the story.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Watched "The Bear" on hulu. Enjoyed it. About a high end chef taking over a low end Chicago sandwich shop after his brother (owner) dies.
I just watched this as well. It had a similar feel to the white lotus for me because I wasn't quite sure if it was supposed to a comedy or drama at first, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Quick and easy binge

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I am rewatching the gothic 1966-1971 soap opera Dark Shadows. I got the entire series on DVD back in 2012 (it came in a coffin, making it sort of a collector's item) and made it up through part of 1970 before I got busy doing other things. Right now, I'm up to episode 203; vampire Barnabas Collins makes his debut on episode 211, and that is when the show really took off in popularity.

Reaction Score

Best of the Star Wars reboots. Bobba Fett was just terrible, and Obie Wan not a lot better but Andor is really good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Dance moves are all pulled from the original scenes of Wednesday dancing in Adams family. There are tons of TikTok videos of them side by side.

Lisa Loring is a much better dancer than Jenny Ortega.

Reaction Score
I've watched the first three episodes of The Recruit on Netflix and it's pretty good so far. It is not related to the Al Pacino movie of the same name, although it does tread in similar waters. Story is about a young lawyer who joins the CIA out of law school and immediately gets in over his head. The show moves pretty quickly and has a decent sense of humor. Only eight episodes in Season One, so not a huge commitment.

Reaction Score
I've watched the first three episodes of The Recruit on Netflix and it's pretty good so far. It is not related to the Al Pacino movie of the same name, although it does tread in similar waters. Story is about a young lawyer who joins the CIA out of law school and immediately gets in over his head. The show moves pretty quickly and has a decent sense of humor. Only eight episodes in Season One, so not a huge commitment.

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Pretty easy watch so should be done over the next few days

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I started season 3 of Jack Ryan on Prime last night after our game. First episode was good. Second was ok until I stopped getting the English language audio feed. No idea what happened. Turned on and off, no change. Audio misaligned to video and not English (some of it is intentionally not in English). It does look promising, like a more realistic season of 24. I wouldn't have pictured John K as Ryan, but he's not Jim from the office anymore and looks the part. This season involves the Russians and an old Russian project that may have been rekindled. There's some tie in to the situation in the Ukraine, even though I think this was filmed before the invasion.

Reaction Score
Finished Vikings last year and ran through Vikings: Valhalla and The Last Kingdom over the last few months. I still need more to satisfy my 1% Norwegian heritage. I really enjoyed them all, especially The Last Kingdom.

Also finished 1899 on Netflix, same guy who created Dark. I liked it, thought it was clever.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Whenever I run out of stuff I'm interested in streaming, I'll look for Craig Ferguson YT compilations I haven't seen before. Some dude who goes by The Jay Leno Fly has put out well over a hundred compilations, usually guest specific. Here's one with Craig and audience members. Happy for these as I while I loved the show, I missed tons of episodes as I couldn't stay up for them. Best talk show host of this century by far.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Treason. Netflix. Stars Charlie Cox, Olga Kurylenko (Kara) and Ciaran Hinds (Martin Angelis). Angelo’s is head of MI6, “Control”. Adam Lawrence (Cox) is the #2 man. Kara is a Russian agent, and his former lover. Lawrence is married with two kids, and ultimately, is far too easy to manipulate, whether by Kara, Angelis or the CIA. His wife is annoying and doesn’t make things easier, some of which he causes. This is a five episode miniseries and so far, it’s ok. Some irrational and unprofessional behavior is hard to square with reality. But I like these kinds of things. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (movie or miniseries) is better.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Treason. Netflix. Stars Charlie Cox, Olga Kurylenko (Kara) and Ciaran Hinds (Martin Angelis). Angelo’s is head of MI6, “Control”. Adam Lawrence (Cox) is the #2 man. Kara is a Russian agent, and his former lover. Lawrence is married with two kids, and ultimately, is far too easy to manipulate, whether by Kara, Angelis or the CIA. His wife is annoying and doesn’t make things easier, some of which he causes. This is a five episode miniseries and so far, it’s ok. Some irrational and unprofessional behavior is hard to square with reality. But I like these kinds of things. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (movie or miniseries) is better.

The like is for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, which is probably the best spy movie ever made.

I have a pretty high bar for spy stories' plot integrity, so I will probably pass if there are holes or shaky parts of Treason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom