What are you binge watching? | Page 42 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Finished White Lotus Season 1. The final episode kind of sucked, but maybe it doesn't matter. I have to think about it some more.

Fleischman in Trouble (Hulu) - is promising, but I know a bit about the book and I am not sure the show will be able to pull it off.

Fleischman is in Trouble (Hulu) is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Funny, emotional, insightful, raw, absolutely brilliant. Watch it. It is better than anything else you are watching right now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Fleischman is in Trouble (Hulu) is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Funny, emotional, insightful, raw, absolutely brilliant. Watch it. It is better than anything else you are watching right now.
Lizzy Caplan? I'm in!

Reaction Score

I've really enjoyed. Excited for the last one that drops today

Reaction Score
Late to the party and watching "The Offer" on the making of The Godfather. Searched and saw a few posts in here about it and I think it's much better than the comments suggest. Very slick series in the production, dialogue, music and feel.

The first time you meet Brando was superbly done. The "family" dinner had to be something insane to attend. I have 3 eps left and I am really enjoying it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Clare Danes has found a niche playing crazy.

Overall, glad I watched, but it moved at a snail's pace at times. The Rashomon application was put to good use. Lizzy Caplan was fantastic and I was happy to see become the feature character in last couple episodes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anybody watching "Kaleidoscope" on Netflix? I'm 2 episodes in. I think they show them in random order. It's about a really big heist...and probably a lot more. Some recognizable actors that have been around a long time like Giancarlo Esposito, Rufus Sewell and Paz Vega, but most of the cast I was unfamiliar with. Oh, Jai Courtney is in it, playing a big jerk like he usually does (there's another word I wanna use, but might not work on this site).

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Anybody watching "Kaleidoscope" on Netflix? I'm 2 episodes in. I think they show them in random order. It's about a really big heist...and probably a lot more. Some recognizable actors that have been around a long time like Giancarlo Esposito, Rufus Sewell and Paz Vega, but most of the cast I was unfamiliar with. Oh, Jai Courtney is in it, playing a big jerk like he usually does (there's another word I wanna use, but might not work on this site).

Watched it. Really was intrigued by the concept that it can be watched in any order and Netflix shuffling the order for all accounts.

In the end I thought it was entertaining, but nothing new and maybe a little underwhelming.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched it. Really was intrigued by the concept that it can be watched in any order and Netflix shuffling the order for all accounts.

In the end I thought it was entertaining, but nothing new and maybe a little underwhelming.
I started a third episode. It flashed back almost 25 years. The de-aged versions of Esposito and and Sewell had some uncanny valley stuff going on that I had a hard time with. Somewhere in the middle of the episode I totally lost interest and shut it down. Maybe I'll try again eventually, but maybe not.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
George and Tammy is very good. The story is not that original, and is basically "A Star is Born", in real life 1960's Tennessee, but Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain are amazing. Shannon in particular needs to make the audience care about someone that was just a nasty, raging alcoholic, and he has pulled it off so far. The real-life George Jones really was just a piece of garbage. Chastain is awesome too, making her love for Jones believable and understandable despite how useless he was by the beginning of the 1970's. Chastain's Tammy Wynnette is more complex than your typical "why is she with him" heroine, which adds a lot of depth to the story.

I love this show. George Jones is transparently just a trailer trash piece of spit, but Tammy Wynette doesn't come off great either. She manipulates and uses everyone around her. But Shannon and Chastain play these complicated characters so well that you end up actually caring about them despite how awful they are.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch Paul T. Goldman on peacock? Really weird, but hilarious. Director of some of the Nathan For You episodes and Borat involved

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Started a new show and sadly had to go to sleep. It was pretty binge worthy. Slow Horses on Apple+. Stars Gary Oldman as a disheveled, outcast MI5 director. Jack Lowden plays Cartwright a young agent, who is sent to the outcast bunch Oldman runs, called Slough House. Slow Horses is the name M15 has for these misfit agents. Kristin Scott Thomas is good as an M15 director at the main HQ. Olivia Stone plays Sid, a young agent also sent to Slough House, but one who isn't such an outcast. I couldn't remember how I knew the actress, but she's Alicent Hightower in the new GOT prequel. Some other name actors in smaller roles, This is quite well done, the pilot starts fast and then is slow as hell, while the whole dynamic of Slough House and the characters are introduced. But it's worth the wait and picks up after that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
New series, The Serpent Queen. Starz. Watch The Serpent Queen Online: Stream Full Series on STARZ - Free Trial This has been interesting so far. Don't want any spoilers as there are some interesting developments in how this story is told to the audience. It's the story of Catherine de' Medici, Queen of France in the 16th century. Shows some promise, and I am sure they will depart from the historical account in ways that add intrigue and interest.

Yes, I watched the White Queen and The White Princess. Rebecca Ferguson was :cool: [we need a fire emoji] in the White Queen. I did not watch the Spanish Princess. All three were based on "historical fiction" novels by Philippa Gregory.

This is based on the 2004 non-fiction book Catherine de Medici: Renaissance Queen of France by Leonie Frieda. So it's definitely different than those.

The Philippa Gregory adaptations are fairly soapy and more in the mode of traditional historical melodramas of English history. I think Rebecca Ferguson kind of sucks, but I liked the other one (Cormer?).

The Serpent Queen is different. The first two episodes are very entertaining, and funny. There is a lot of talking directly to the camera, but they almost have to because the subject matter is so insane, and is fairly close to actual events. You can tell the director changes after episode three, and I don't like the style as much. It is much more by the book, and not quite as interesting. Still, half way through this, it is very good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mythic Quest season 3 is awesome. It is hard to think of a show that does a better job building a platonic yet incredibly complex relationship male/female relationship. And the show is hilarious at the same time.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Mythic Quest season 3 is awesome. It is hard to think of a show that does a better job building a platonic yet incredibly complex relationship male/female relationship. And the show is hilarious at the same time.
I started wrapping up season 2. Brilliant episode with the Porsche were the tester gets her shot with the boss and you see that what she really wants is something handed to her, but she doesn't know what. Very cleverly done.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Last of Us. New "hit" show on HBOMax (only the Pilot so far) starring Pedro Pascal as Joel Miller, Bella Ramsey (from GOT) plays Ellie and at the moment Anna Torv (who I had a mild crush on in Fringe) plays Joel's partner Tess. I don't know who survives going forward except the two main characters. This is based on a video game, and the story so far is compelling and has plenty of tension. Not going to go into the story, but so far it's good. My wife said that it has evidently done for Depeche Mode what Stranger Things did for Kate Bush. Interesting to see a new generation exposed to new/old music.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I started wrapping up season 2. Brilliant episode with the Porsche were the tester gets her shot with the boss and you see that what she really wants is something handed to her, but she doesn't know what. Very cleverly done.

Poppy Lee is one of the best characters in comedy history. There is something immensely appealing and likable about her at first, but over time you realize that she is an abusive narcissist who is probably worse than Ian.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Poppy Lee is one of the best characters in comedy history. There is something immensely appealing and likable about her at first, but over time you realize that she is an abusive narcissist who is probably worse than Ian.
I'm still kind of sweet on her, she's cute and has that quirky smile.

Reaction Score
The Last of Us. New "hit" show on HBOMax (only the Pilot so far) starring Pedro Pascal as Joel Miller, Bella Ramsey (from GOT) plays Ellie and at the moment Anna Torv (who I had a mild crush on in Fringe) plays Joel's partner Tess. I don't know who survives going forward except the two main characters. This is based on a video game, and the story so far is compelling and has plenty of tension. Not going to go into the story, but so far it's good. My wife said that it has evidently done for Depeche Mode what Stranger Things did for Kate Bush. Interesting to see a new generation exposed to new/old music.

This show has a very high ceiling.

Never Going to let me down again by Depeche Mode was the chef’s kiss.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm still kind of sweet on her, she's cute and has that quirky smile.

It is funny that the show's writers know that is how men respond to Poppy, because all the female characters in the show hate her.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Started the show See on Apple+. Jason Momoa, Alfre Woodard. The premise is dumb, some virus killed most people and left us all blind. Somehow, we didn't go extinct, despite being easy prey for anything raccoon sized or larger. It seems we evolved to be a bit like Daredevil. Then a religion evolved and considers any belief that people could ever see as heresy. I suppose that's possible, despite the overwhelming evidence, but they attribute the leftover items to Gods. Two episodes in, I suppose I'll see where this goes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched 2 episodes of Lockwood & Co, new series on Netlfix. Interesting so far. 3 young ghost hunters in London.

Reaction Score
Started the show See on Apple+. Jason Momoa, Alfre Woodard. The premise is dumb, some virus killed most people and left us all blind. Somehow, we didn't go extinct, despite being easy prey for anything raccoon sized or larger. It seems we evolved to be a bit like Daredevil. Then a religion evolved and considers any belief that people could ever see as heresy. I suppose that's possible, despite the overwhelming evidence, but they attribute the leftover items to Gods. Two episodes in, I suppose I'll see where this goes.

I stuck with this and was rewarded. It’s not HBO level stuff but it was entertaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom