Visitors for First Night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Visitors for First Night

Reaction Score
All of us who follow our recruiting to any level should take the following 2 points from what Danny Hurley said... in addition to what we have witnessed since he and this staff took over:

1. This is how a consumately professional staff goes about its business in recruiting. Unlike all of the leaks and resulting stupid (and sometimes harmful) chatter that came out on Twitter from that blow-hard quasi-connected guy (I am forgetting his handle at the moment) about a number of different recruits during the Ollie era, this staff is BUTTONED UP. Even our insiders are mostly in the dark until right at the end of a recruitment. Whether we like it our not, it is a good thing. Real recruiting information in too many hands tends to lead to unintended consequences on social media that can push a coveted recruit away from us.

2. Coach Hurley and his staff have Plans B, C & D (if needed) long before anyone here, or any reporter knows about it. For example, months of speculation on Precious Achiuwa continued on this board long after Hurley and crew had moved on.

We can now see that the move toward Javonte Brown Ferguson and away from Cardwell started weeks ago. Insiders just started to catch wind of it last week. And although last year's miss on our top center targets does leave room for a bit of concern, I still believe we need to put our faith in DH and this staff that they will sign a center in this class with at least a high ceiling, if not more - and with this staff and particularly Kenya Hunter, we now know (Exhibit A: Josh Carlton... and this year maybe Exhibit B: Isaiah Whaley, we shall see) we FINALLY have a really good big man coach. I for one am putting my faith in this staff that they will bring someone in, and he will be coached up to be a very productive big for us by his junior and senior years (maybe even as a sophomore).

P.S. This post is not meant in any way as a shot at any of our insiders. I for one appreciate any and all information that you all share here, even when it turns out to be erroneous... and some of the criticism when things don't work out goes way over the top.

The fact is that Dan Hurley treats the recruiting process and all information related to that process like Bill Belichick treats his press conferences and reporters in general. And that is not going to change as long as he is our head coach. And I for one am cool with that, particularly if he and the staff are able to continue pulling off recuriting battle wins like they have with Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok and Jackson so far.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
All of us who follow our recruiting to any level should take the following 2 points from what Danny Hurley said... in addition to what we have witnessed since he and this staff took over:

1. This is how a consumately professional staff goes about its business in recruiting. Unlike all of the leaks and resulting stupid (and sometimes harmful) chatter that came out on Twitter from that blow-hard quasi-connected guy (I am forgetting his handle at the moment) about a number of different recruits during the Ollie era, this staff is BUTTONED UP. Even our insiders are mostly in the dark until right at the end of a recruitment. Whether we like it our not, it is a good thing. Real recruiting information in too many hands tends to lead to unintended consequences on social media that can push a coveted recruit away from us.

2. Coach Hurley and his staff have Plans B, C & D (if needed) long before anyone here, or any reporter knows about it. For example, months of speculation on Precious Achiuwa continued on this board long after Hurley and crew had moved on.

We can now see that the move toward Javonte Brown Ferguson and away from Cardwell started weeks ago. Insiders just started to catch wind of it last week. And although last year's miss on our top center targets does leave room for a bit of concern, I still believe we need to put our faith in DH and this staff that they will sign a center in this class with at least a high ceiling, if not more - and with this staff and particularly Kenya Hunter, we now know (Exhibit A: Josh Carlton... and this year maybe Exhibit B: Isaiah Whaley, we shall see) we FINALLY have a really good big man coach. I for one am putting my faith in this staff that they will bring someone in, and he will be coached up to be a very productive big for us by his junior and senior years (maybe even as a sophomore).

P.S. This post is not meant in any way as a shot at any of our insiders. I for one appreciate any and all information that you all share here, even when it turns out to be erroneous... and some of the criticism when things don't work out goes way over the top.

The fact is that Dan Hurley treats the recruiting process and all information related to that process like Bill Belichick treats his press conferences and reporters in general. And that is not going to change as long as he is our head coach. And I for one am cool with that, particularly if he and the staff are able to continue pulling off recuriting battle wins like they have with Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok and Jackson so far.

Drop the mic

Reaction Score

All speculation but we could be seeing a situation where going all in on Javonte Brown Ferguson is a tactic by Hurley and Co. to stay in the game with Cliff. Cliff may see less of a competition for PT having Javonte Brown Ferguson in the fold vs a Cardwell, not that cliff wouldn’t beat Cardwell but he in my eyes is more ready for the college game than Javonte Brown Ferguson while a solid 4 years of development for Javonte Brown Ferguson provides him with a higher ceiling. It’s fun to at least imagine what that could look like going into 2020 and 2021.

Reaction Score
“They need a big for 2020,” Brown-Ferguson said of UConn. “They have good point guards and they just signed a big-time wing and now they need an impactful big so they can possibly go top 15.”

“Kansas was great,” he said by text. “They said they want me. They need two bigs. They said if Gethro[Muscadin] and Isaiah Todd sign then it wouldn’t be the best thing for me to come.”

maybe getting muscadin alone wouldnt stop Javonte Brown Ferguson from going to KU.....hopefully they land Todd as well but he's a Michigan lean

Last edited:

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
“They need a big for 2020,” Brown-Ferguson said of UConn. “They have good point guards and they just signed a big-time wing and now they need an impactful big so they can possibly go top 15.”

Link?

Reaction Score
Wasn't reported that Danny was 3-4 deep at a game for Precious late in the process last year. This is after word was out we lost ground on him? The would seem to contradict some of what is being said here.

Or am I confusing him with somebody else?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Wasn't reported that Danny was 3-4 deep at a game for Precious late in the process last year. This is after word was out we lost ground on him? The would seem to contradict some of what is being said here.

Or am I confusing him with somebody else?
They recruited him hard right after danny was hired, backed off, randomly went 4 deep to a high school game of his is Springfield, after that we were never linked to him again, coaches stopped recruiting him.

Reaction Score
JC had a long list of successful plan Bs and some Cs. Kemba, Emeka, Lamb, Bazz...none of them Plan A.

I don't care if Danny hits on Plan A or Plan C. But he's gotta hit.
dont worry about Danny,worry about yourself.

Reaction Score

This must be a mis-post or copypasta. Too much thoughtful, measured logic for the yard. ;)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

“Kansas was great,” he said by text. “They said they want me. They need two bigs. They said if Gethro[Muscadin] and Isaiah Todd sign then it wouldn’t be the best thing for me to come.”

maybe getting muscadin alone wouldnt stop Javonte Brown Ferguson from going to KU.....hopefully they land Todd as well but he's a Michigan lean
Kansas basically told him they want him but not as much as they want Gethro and Todd

C

Chief00

Agree with many of your observations. Like the shoutout to Kenya.
Maybe Chief is the exception, but I think Hurley is very transparent.

Reaction Score

Hurley is on about plan Z when it comes to finding a center!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom