Visitors for First Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Visitors for First Night

C

Chief00

How would we know without the confirmation?? Just because it’s already been reported by others doesn’t mean it’s true. Need the Chief confirmation for it to be fact. Thanks Chief!!
Thanks. When Chief Confirms an OV it’s not a casual visit. The reclass is the first step of the process.

Reaction Score
Here is one of Borges's replies:

I think this can also squash the Alterique grad transfer / graduate Pro early rumors. Unless it’s to the NBA, I would hate to see AG leave his senior year. If I were him, I would wanna give it one last go in the big east with a good team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have we completely given up on Cliff?

Cliff is Spring. Can't afford to wait on him.

I confess I preferred Brown-Ferguson to Cardwell, though my opinion is uninformed. He's younger and can provide less right away but seems to have a higher ceiling as a potential star later. With Carlton as a Senior, immediate impact is less critical. We will also have Springs as a sophomore at that point, and I think he'll become a physical center/PF.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It appears Cardwell notified our coaches he had a change of heart a while back (probably much earlier to the cancelled OV and sometime before we got wind of Brown-Ferguson considering reclassifying) and the staff logically switched gears.

Contingency plans are always necessary in a tight market so it is not implausible to believe the staff was identifying a backup plan well before Cardwell contacted them.

It would be an interesting endeavor for someone to figure out what percentage of JC’s recruits were options A, B, C, and so on.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It appears Cardwell notified our coaches he had a change of heart a while back (probably much earlier to the cancelled OV and sometime before we got wind of Brown-Ferguson considering reclassifying) and the staff logically switched gears.

Contingency plans are always necessary in a tight market so it is not implausible to believe the staff was identifying a backup plan well before Cardwell contacted them.

It would be an interesting endeavor for someone to figure out what percentage of JC’s recruits were options A, B, C, and so on.

Danny talking about Precious the other day was interesting. We were all in here and he had already moved on. So your scenario seems plausible to me. He's way ahead of us in terms of where he is focused.

Reaction Score

Facts, JC said it himself that Brandon Jennings was plan A and Kemba was plan B.

Reaction Score
We must feel really good about Javonte Brown Ferguson...because in a class where we desperately need a big we don’t seem to have much of a backup plan.

Dare I say this is feeling eerily similar to:

-Jackson and Niels Lane. We were on Jackson for some time, Lane came into the picture late even though he was supposedly a lock for Florida, Lane cancelled just before his visit and Jackson committed.

-Cliff, Cardwell and Javonte Brown Ferguson. We've been on Cliff a long time, Cardwell and Javonte Brown Ferguson entered the picture later and Cardwell cancelled his visit right before he and Javonte Brown Ferguson were supposed to jointly excite the fans on First Night.

I'm too superstitious to offer any conclusion.....................

Reaction Score

KO was B to Travis Best if I recall correctly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Danny talking about Precious the other day was interesting. We were all in here and he had already moved on. So your scenario seems plausible to me. He's way ahead of us in terms of where he is focused.

Got a quote or link? I missed reading about that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

JC had a long list of successful plan Bs and some Cs. Kemba, Emeka, Lamb, Bazz...none of them Plan A.

I don't care if Danny hits on Plan A or Plan C. But he's gotta hit.

Reaction Score
Got a quote or link? I missed reading about that.
Basically Hurley mentioned that aside from the very beginning of Precious’ recruitment, they had a strong feeling early on that we were on the outside looking in with him and that’s why they pivoted to Akok. They felt they would be playing the same position. So while we all thought we had a great chance with Precious, that wasn’t how the staff felt.

Reaction Score

We've known about Javonte leaning towards reclassifying for 2.5 months.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We've known about Javonte leaning towards reclassifying for 2.5 months.
Do you think we were in discussion with him that far back?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Now that is how you do it. That's how you ensure recruits meet your NBA stars under the rules. Too bad Andre won't also be there.

Reaction Score
Do you think we were in discussion with him that far back?
We offered him August 1st, past 3-4 weeks we've really ramped things up with him and made him a priority. I don't know what the deal is with Cardwell but I get the sense the staff thinks Javonte is a better big man prospect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom