Villanova Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
My only thought was if you watched Maddie, when Dorka or Edwards went for a lay up or fastbreak to the basket, she just back off. But went after the others. Just a thought. She is a great player. But just like the rest. Uconn put her in check. And so with the rest of the team.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Do we know what happened to Aubrey?
I know they didn't show anything on video and I don't know if the TV announcers said anything as I was listening to radio coverage.
Bob and Debbie noticed the quick sub after the start of the third. They said she was "hobbling" to the bench. Bob speculated a knee. Debbie wondered about back spasm. They saw when she returned to the bench and said she was still not moving fluidly.

So that's all speculation but it seems that it was not a contact injury or everyone would have noticed.

Hopefully someone will think to ask about it in the presser.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With all we've been through this season this is so sweet. Gotta tell ya.... I kept posting about just gettin to the end of the regular season so we could rest and get back to where we were. This is a really special.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tug McGraw said "You gotta believe!"

Big East regular season and Tournament Champions.

What a game - what a season.

Aaliyah and Dorka torched Nova down low. With Lou and Azzi and Nika as the guards, Nova had no chance.

Azzi with her break out game. Nika dropping dimes. Four players in double figures. Great defense.

All of this in a season when we were down to 7 healthy scholarship players at one point..

I say we are a ! seed in the big dance.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
This tournament reminded me how good this team was when CD and Azzi were available.

Nika’s willingness to take her person to the basket this tournament was fun to watch. She needs to convert a little more.

I know I am in the minority but I would take Edwards over first team AA Siegrist every day.

Hope Aubrey is ok.

Reaction Score
Geno’s Angels !!!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!

SuperMühl
Count Dorkula
Captain Aaliy-ica
Loubo Cop
Flash Griffin
Azzi the Vampire Slayer
Duch Vader
The Inêsible Hulk
PattMan
Captain Amarvel
Hannibal Bueckers

… and beware, the Iceman cometh!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
As far as the questions about the 4th qtr . We backed it out and let the clock run down Good move with all the injuries and tuff luck. It is more important to stay healthy then win by 30. We showed what we are now and we had nothing more to prove. Hey UConn is back and stronger then ever.

Reaction Score
This was a great win, because winning is not a given. Spoiled as we are, it takes effort and skill to win these games. Villanova never gave up. UConn never settled for being just another top 20 team. UConn made it known, they are an elite team, as any. Still.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know they didn't show anything on video and I don't know if the TV announcers said anything as I was listening to radio coverage.
Bob and Debbie noticed the quick sub after the start of the third. They said she was "hobbling" to the bench. Bob speculated a knee. Debbie wondered about back spasm. They saw when she returned to the bench and said she was still not moving fluidly.

So that's all speculation but it seems that it was not a contact injury or everyone would have noticed.

Hopefully someone will think to ask about it in the presser.
Thanks. I did notice the quick sub at the start of the 3rd quarter and Geno seemed to be upset on the bench. Hopefully more precautionary than anything serious.

Reaction Score
What else is there to say about these amazing women. Such class acts and so fun to root for! Love it when we control the pace and are the aggressors.

Dorka and AE controlled the paint, the spacing with Azzi, Lou, Caroline makes everything so much easier with room to maneuver. Nika being Nika.

Hope AG is ok, the things she brings to the table no one else on our team can bring.

So proud of this team!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Thanks. I did notice the quick sub at the start of the 3rd quarter and Geno seemed to be upset on the bench. Hopefully more precautionary than anything serious.
Of course in any season other than this one I'd feel confident it was a little tweak with plenty of time to be 100% by the tournament. But this season for some reason has been "different". :( So I will await any news with some anxiety.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom